Chopper

Australian visa for my Thai wife's 8 year old son

My Thai wife will be submitting her partner visa application very shortly. She has an 8 year old son from a previous relationship to a Thai man that left her when her son was born. The son currently lives with his grandparent as is very settled. He is very bright and does really well at school Last night my wife asked me if he could come and live in Australia too. What do we need to do to make this happen?

You can put him on the application. He will have to medical also when requested. The only hurdle will be the father, does she know where he is? is he on the birth certificate? Does she have custody of him? all this will have a bearing on the success of the application.

My fiance's daughter is on her application and she did not know the whereabouts of the father and only his first name was on the birth certificate and not ID number we got a Por Kor 14 and explained the situation and all was good she will come here in October.

Hope this helps

You can put him on the application. He will have to medical also when requested. The only hurdle will be the father, does she know where he is? is he on the birth certificate? Does she have custody of him? all this will have a bearing on the success of the application.

My fiance's daughter is on her application and she did not know the whereabouts of the father and only his first name was on the birth certificate and not ID number we got a Por Kor 14 and explained the situation and all was good she will come here in October.

Hope this helps

He is on the birth certificate. My wife still has contact with his parents and know's where the father is. The father is useless and has nothing at all to do with his son.

Ok but DIAC will be interested as I understand as he will have a say about him leaving. I am sure others will add more of the tech detail to this. Bridge your turn lol.

Whenever an applicant is under 18 years of age, requirements relating to child parental responsibility (that is, custody) must be met. This means that if there is any person other than the sponsor who can legally determine where the child should live, permission for the child to migrate must be obtained from that person. Alternatively a court order may be provided which allows the child to migrate.

gRP3y0B.jpg

Please note that this posting is of a general nature only. It does not constitute legal or migration advice and may not apply to your particular circumstances.

I had a similar issue they required a form signed (downloaded from Immi website) the processing centre may claim (like they did with us) that it needed to be signed in the office, this helped us even thought the father is an ass towards his daughter, he had taken on his monk robes the month before so in walks this monk to sign the form... it smoothed the path a lot, if they ask for this it may be difficult for you if the relationship with the father is not good

The Thai government will insist on a release form from the natural father.  It is normal for the father to ask for a fee before he signs.

Just the way it is.

Normally around 100,000 Baht.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.