Child Visa 101 Sponsorship

1 reply to this topic

#1 Maryalexandra

Maryalexandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 01:46 AM

Hello, ive been living in indonesia and planning to go back to Australia with ADV visa and bring my 1 year old son with me. The thing is about the sponsorship i will be the sponsor but i dont have a job in Australia just planning to move back. I will make a statement with my mom that she will be the assurance for my child while i am looking for work. Anyone know that this way would qualify ?? Please i need information .

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

ADV's are not technically sponsored, they are a mechanism to prove someone has dual nationality. However, they will want to see the child arrive to a proper and caring environment. As an Australian citizen, and a letter from your mum, you will have no issues there.

I think there is a bit more you need to consider.

Firstly I assume the natural father is NOT Australian, and Indonesian?

So ADV's are all about proving your son is Australia.  So Birth Certificate is CRITICAL.  Did you register his birth with the Embassy?  Be aware there has been a lot of scams in this area from Indonesia and they will check the hell out of the documents.

Also...  AND ADV needs to be signed by both parents.  Is your sons' natural father agreeable and available?

If you cant get his signature, you will need to establish sole legal guardianship unders Indonesian law first, this can be complex for a foreigner.  Also, in some cultures (Thailand for example) it is common for the remaining parent to be compensated for letting the child emigrate.  I know this sounds fucked up, but It can be the case sometimes.

ADV's are usually used in cases of urgency.  So, the other option is to apply for his passport in Indonesia.  Often a lot easier.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users