yahoo

Pmv Vs Partner Visa

hey guys

i would 1 st like to thank everyone who participates in this forums you guys are life savers.

so to give you guys a bit of context im Ugandan and my gf is English but she just had her PR approved 1 month ago(25th Nov)  as a nurse in Australia. as for myself i have been studying in Australia for about 4 years now but early this year i came back to Uganda to start my businesses and also as she awaits her PR application.

we have been dating for almost 2 years now and been apart for 7 months though in those 7 months we have met twice for holiday in Bali and Japan. i have met her parents and grand parents who live in Perth and they know about our relationship.  so here comes the questions

1: does the fact she just got her PR recently going to affect our application if we lodge for PMV in Jan

2: should i submit my AFP clearance and Ug police clearance when i lodge the application or should we wait till the request for it since i know they expire after 1 year and not sure how long the process takes.

3: do we both have to be engaged to lodge the PMV

4: since we have the wedding date locked in, do i have to withdraw my PMV if we get married in Thailand before we get the answer and do i have to disclose it or should we just wait till the PMV has been approved then get married in Thai.

if we decide to change midway after applying for the PMV to a Partner visa will this drastically affect the waiting period

5: we`re planning to go to the UK for 3 months after the `wedding` is this a good idea or should i wait till i get my answer

6: with the Notice of intended marriage Doc should we put out intended day of marriage in Thailand Mid this year or just get one from a registrar in Brisbane which might be easy to get

thanks Very much Guys and Merry Xmas

1. No.

2. Wait for the request,  The clearances are only valid for 3 months, they might expire.

3. No. But you must have been together, and proof is required, for 12 months prior to applying.

4. not sure marriage is not a significant factor. The relationship is.

5. I dont think that will matter, remember the visa can take 18 months to grant

6. i would focus on a wedding in Australia. The other details will confuse things (maybe)