#41 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:28 PM

You mentioned documents attached to a visa application that are not in English must be translated. I spoke with the Australia Visa Centre in BKK last month who informed me this does not need to be done for a tourist visa. Also got the same information from a highly regarded translation company in Chiang Mai.

Right or wrong ?

If the VFS in Bangkok said no translation then, its not required.  I always state the worst case, but as the VFS program engages more local employees with document verification skills, the need for translation is slowly reducing.

Hopefully, Thailand will be soon enabled to use the ETA E-Visa scheme, and most of the VV processing guff will be circumvented.

#42 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:56 PM

This weeks gem..   Visa Processing Delays at this time of year.

So, Australia is in the Southern Hemisphere.  December and January are our SUMMER months.

Christmas, and the NYE holidays are the MAIN holidays for Australians.  Most Australian schools recess for 8-10 weeks at this time of year.

Its the best weather and we all go on Holiday.

Most Aussie Civil Servants (ie DIBP and EMbassy Staff) have a requirement to NOT carry too much annual leave over the calendar year.  Most managers (gov and private enterprise) encourage staff to take leave at this time of year.  The same as the US and Europe shut down for 2 months from July 1.

So, think about Xmas, and the huge influx of families into AU for the Season, think about how cold and shitty the Northern Hemisphere is at this time and you all want to come and bask in our sun.  Think about the massive seasonal load on the embassies, then consider 50% of Visa staff head off for at least 2-4 weeks holidays.

Then you ask why the delay. 

Plan, book and apply well ahead.  If you need a visa for December. Then apply in October at the latest, not mid december and whinge about delays.

There is an old saying here in Australia, if you dont conclude the business by 1st week December, then it will wait until 1-Feb.

#43 bojogcenik

bojogcenik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

Thanks thats valuable info.

Does the Kartu Keluarga record land and ownership aspect as well?  Thailand is moving away from the House Book to a proper land titles registry.

No, it doesn't state land ownership so maybe in that sense it is unique to Thailand. The Kartu keluarga(KK) just indicates the parents and children and other family members still living together as a unit. When a child gets married they have to have their own KK. It states date and place of birth as well national ID number.

#44 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 11 February 2017 - 10:02 PM

If you are going to provide details of a job, job references, etc.  Make sure they are REAL.  IMMI check.

The will quickly check of the company is real and registered in your country.  Then they will ring the person who wrote the letter.

If either comes up blank or no contact, natural law says the reference is fake and you not only failed to provide evidence (no Visa) , you lied to IMMI and provided false documentation, a criminal offence.

Better to not do it, fact checking is getting more and more detailed, as more and more databases are coming online and available to IMMI.

#45 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 July 2017 - 12:29 AM

I have been on holiday in Thailand with my (thai) wife for the last 3 months, apologies to all for my slow response to IM's etc.

Thought of the day...

I get a lot of questions about people who have multiple, successive visa rejections.  Naturally they are very disappointed and upset.

They always ask me how they get success next time.....

There is a saying.. ' The definition of insanity is to continue to do the exact same thing, over and over, but expect a different outcome'.

When DIBP rejects a visa application, there is ALWAYS a letter that states in detail, exactly why the rejection/decision was made. ALWAYS.

Re-applying without fundamentally and materially correcting the reason for rejection, will, of course, result in another rejection. Read the letter of rejection, ask the forum leaders to explain things if you dont understand the legal jibberish, then re-apply.

Case in point.....   Man has 3 month VV rejected because he did not PROVE he had the finds in his own account to cover the stay.  He re-applied with another letter from his parents stating they will meet his expenses. REJECTION.

He finally had parents place the required funds into his account, and sent DIBP a copy of his bank statement, Bingo, APPROVED.

DIBP works to the 'letter of the law'.  Make sure you respond to a rejection reason, to the letter.

addressing the reason

#46 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 25 August 2017 - 12:13 AM

When do I buy air tickets, when do I get a PCC or medical done?

I see this question all the time, and so many people get it wrong.

I always advise.....

1. Wait until IMMI or your CO formally requests (usually in writing or a message on the portal) you get a medical or get a PCC. Do not get either without a request.
    1. Getting  a PCC earlier than needed you run the risk of the PCC being out of date when its finally called for.
    2. IMMI normally specify what doctor and medical centre you must use, anyone else will be rejected. You must use the IMMI specified doctor. There are some situations when you can use any doctor, but again wait for the request.
  2. Dont purchase airline tickets, insurance, accommodation etc UNTIL you have a visa grant in hand. I know there are savings to be made with advance purchase, but you may get a rejection and loose your investment altogether
    1. If you MUST purchase before a visa grant, be sure to get open tickets, where you can move the travel dates without penalty.
    2. If your on your first VV, be sure to purchase a return ticket, IMMI look for this as an indicator of possible overstay.

#47 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

Todays topic "True Love and length of the relationship"

As deeply in love and genuine your relationship is, you need to pass some tests by DIBP.  This may seem cruel and heartless as DIBP dont 'see what we really have'.  Unfortunately, many 'couples' lie and falsify the genuine nature of their relationship, including getting married as a convenience, so DIBP check and test all by the same rules.  Legal marriage seems to count for nothing these days :-(

The de facto test is the one I get most asked about.  The de facto criteria go like this " a genuine and enduring relationship, to the exclusion of all others, has existed for more than 12 months prior to application".

The points DIBP look into deeply

1. Proof of when the relationship started. Usually corroborated by a number of pieces of evidence.
  2. Its genuine, that is, a real couple, sharing daily life, expenses, decisions, challenges and celebrations.
  3. You exclude all others, difficult to prove if one of you is backpacking by themselves for 6 months of the year.

Remember this.  If the relationship is genuine, there is always proof.

#48 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 September 2017 - 03:26 PM

Grumpy annoyed AussieDude is sick of answering this question...

"I applied for a XXX visa on 12/12/15, when will it be approved"

Go to the DIBP website.  For every Visa class, there is a guide to processing times, example for a 309;

Stream 75 per cent of applications processed 90 per cent of applications processed ​309 - Provisional visa ​13 Months 16 Months ​​100 - Permanent visa 22 Months 35 Months

These time limits are realistic, and also form the basis for DIBP performance measures.

To be in the 75% sooner bracket, your application will need to be perfect and you will need to be lodging from a Class A/1 country.

Anything else, expect (plan on) the longer time.

As always with anything DIBP related, PATIENCE is the key to success.

#49 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:37 PM

Letter from Employers;

I have been seeing a increasing number of VV rejections due to the 'Letter from Employer, confirming leave, and confirming job upon return' not standing up to IMMI scrutiny.

For a Letter From Employer to be valid, it should include;

1. The company letterhead, an email is not sufficient.
  2. The company's registration number in that country. IMMI do check, most company registries worldwide are available online.
  3. The company's street address.  Usually checked with the phone book.
  4. The name, position and signature of the author
  5. A VALID phone number that IMMI will ring to validate the letter.  If IMMI cant speak to the author for whatever reason, the letter is rejected.
  6. A statement that confirms your employment basis (contract, full time, part time) and how long you have been an employee
  7. A statement that confirms your employer is aware of your leave plans, and that you have paid or unpaid leave for the same period of time on your visa application
  8. A statement that confirms that you will have a job waiting for you upon return
  9. It helps (but not mandatory) to have a statement that states your wage, pay period and method of pay.  You can then back this up with bank statements that match the wage amount and frequency.

So, I write this list of tips as we are seeing more and more fake letters of employment, usually from high risk countries.  Most commonly a quick check of the Company Registration shows up a fake, the next test is the inability to speak to the letter author, usually a fake telephone number.

Fake is Fake.  Does not matter how 'good' the fake is, it is very easy for IMMI to validate employment letters.

Providing fake documents, and being caught by IMMI, usually results in a rejection, and often a 3 year ban.

#50 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Patience is a Virtue;

I have posted on this topic before, but every day I read posts complaining about DIBP delays, slow response, and applicants asking how they can hurry things along/complain/escalate.

Australia today is probably the #1 destination for holiday makers and migration/immigrants.  Australia also has some of the toughest border/visa rules in the world.  Combine these two and you now understand why DIBP is so busy.  

DIBP now provide processing time estimates on their website, for each visa class, you should consult this before asking the forum 'how long'.

DIBP is a like a machine. It chugs along, following process, doing everything in order.  First in First out.  Apart from Ministerial intervention, no-one, no-body can change the priority.  The only things that effects the time taken to grant a visa is 1) how good was the application 2) workload at the embassy or VFS office where you lodged your application.

Like a machine, DIBP is blind to race, ethnicity, social and economic standing.  They process, review and determine every application the same.  I am so tired of hearing the 'DIBP is racist towards xxxx people, they purposely delay visa grants to people from country xxx'. DICP is fair, ethical and impartial, always. Visa applications commonly fail because the applicant did not provide the required information, or they do not pass the various character, financial, etc requirements.  

So back to the topic of patience.  

DIBP will take as long as they need, get over it. Bitching and complaining to your CW will probably not have a positive effect.  Core to Australian values is the concept of equality.  We are all the same, equal in the eyes of the Govt, Courts and Law, regardless of status, wealth or influence.  Australian despise queue jumpers, and anyone that thinks they are more important than themselves.

Be patient, work the system, follow the process, be responsive, accurate, truthful and also be patient.

DO NOT bitch and complain about DIBP delays, you are not special, we all experience the same. As they say,   'we are all in the same boat'.

#51 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 30 September 2017 - 03:13 AM

Todays words of wisdom;  Medical Exams, will I pass, do I/don't I tell DIBP I have disease xxx?

The medical screening of visitors (not all) and immigrants exists to protect Australia, both medically and financially.

The medical will determine if you suffer from a serious illness that is either 1) a major health risk to the Australian public (ie TB, Ebola) or the condition will cost the Australian Taxpayers a lot of money to treat you under medicare.  This criteria also extends to illnesses that medical support is in very short supply, ie some mental disorders.

Only TB will (normally) get you an immediate rejection, all other conditions are assessed by Medical staff (not Visa staff) for the public safety aspect,  and long term cost of care.  There are option for appeal, second opinions, and even if your condition does present adverse long term cocts, you may also be able to sign a Health Waiver' that allows you to either pre-pay the costs or allow The Australian Government to recover the costs from you.

What you must not do is lie or try to conceal an illness.  Being caught lying on the medical is a very serious offence, and usually results in rejection.

Be 100% truthful and open, Always.

#52 NehaSharma20

NehaSharma20

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationNew Delhi

Posted 04 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

The complete procedure of getting Australia PR Visa varies from applicant to applicant, the applicant can migrate to Australia under different skilled programs and Australia Government stated the point based system. The applicant has to score the minimum of 60 points and higher will be beneficial if you are looking for the invitation. The things that could be kept in mind before applying are

1. Should score minimum of 60 points

2. Should have work experience if applying for the skilled visa.

3. Should be submitted all the relevant documents with accuracy.

4. Should take help of the authorized consultancy for the same.

5.Must score good marks in ILETs and professoriat in English.

If you are looking for Skilled Independent Visa, it is better to get consultation from the authorized visa consultant.

Fast Way to Get Approved Australia PR Visa

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visa, australia, application

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users