#1 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 02:55 AM

Hey Everyone

been on this forum for few months and since theres` a forum for the 2014 and 2015 guys decided to start one for the guys who applied in 2016 coz we`re the new kids in the block and from the looks of it its going to be a long ride so every encouragement is needed. anyway let me kick it off by saying i just finalized my online application for my PMV and my case is complicated and in a high risk area in Kenya. i haven't done the medicals or anything, i`ve just finished doing the submission and payment few minutes ago.

DOL 16/0212016

medicals Not yet

Pcc; Not yet

• eddycab likes this

#2 Michael81

Michael81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

We are another 2016 applicant,   

I'm the Husband and submitted it on behalf of my wife who is now back in Russia with our Australian born son

submitted an online 309/100 application in January

Police and medical checks submitted with application

now we wait

#3 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 04:13 PM

hey Michael81,

yes we`re  the generation 2016 application

i haven't been requested to do my medicals or police clearance yet

• Michael81 likes this

#4 Michael81

Michael81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 09:34 AM

Hi Yahoo,

wish you best of luck and keep us updated

cheers

Mike 

#5 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2016 - 08:00 PM

Hi yahoo,

We also applied online, my fiance is from Kenya. 

Keep an eye on your email and check your immi account from time to time - have you received an acknowledgement letter and request for biometrics? We have immediately received these 2 letters and were asked to complete the biometrics within 14 days.

The request for medicals is also done via immi, need to go to your application and have a look what it says as the bottom. Need to generate HAP ID and a letter to take to the medical centre will get created as well.

Hope this helps.

#6 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:07 AM

Hi yahoo,

We also applied online, my fiance is from Kenya. 

Keep an eye on your email and check your immi account from time to time - have you received an acknowledgement letter and request for biometrics? We have immediately received these 2 letters and were asked to complete the biometrics within 14 days.

The request for medicals is also done via immi, need to go to your application and have a look what it says as the bottom. Need to generate HAP ID and a letter to take to the medical centre will get created as well.

Hope this helps.

hey Bizzy

yes i had a look today and saw what your talking about. doing my Biometric tomorrow and still trying to book the medical. its funny how just getting a booking for the medicals is also not as easy, no one picks your calls so just communicating to them via email.

so hows your case going

#7 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:10 AM

Hi Yahoo,

wish you best of luck and keep us updated

cheers

Mike 

thanks mike,

wish you all the best also, though i`ll be asking questions soon  about how to upload the evidence and under what category should you put stuff

#8 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 06:17 AM

Just a word of advice guys, hold of until 4-5 months in to do the medicals. They used to email straight away to get them done but now with applications taking longer they no longer do that.
Of course if you are financially good and don't mind possibly having to get them done a second time then go for it.
But 4-5 months seems a good marker and proactive.
same with your police checks.
People often ask about form 80, if they need to do it. My thoughts on that is it doesn't hurt to do it and the more you can provide the better
  • Charly likes this

#9 Michael81

Michael81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 08:54 AM

Hi Yahoo,

Would be happy to help where I can with regards to uploading evidence,   I've spent countless hours uploading our evidence and have learned a lot a long the way

Biggest advise would be to have a good colour scanner and upload multiple pages of evidence and save it to 1 PDF file,    Google search a free JPG to PDF converter which will help you upload multiple pages

Hi Aussie,

Yes I do agree with what your saying but it all depends on your circumstance,  We submitted our Med and Pol checks with the application as It was easy for us to do my wife's medical while she was in Australia as her home town in Russia is about a 3 hour flight from Moscow which is where she would need to do a medical over there,   quite hard travelling with a baby as well.     Our processing time have been quoted 9 - 12 months so im crossing my fingers that we will not need to do medical again.  

#10 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 12:26 PM

That's exactly right Michael.
That's the fun with these things and with people asking advice you can only give out general info and as you say every circumstance is different.
Hopefully you are right and you won't need to redo it but at least you were aware of the gamble from the start. Some people get caught out and get angry and frustrated.

#11 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:00 PM

hey Aussie_83 and Mike

did my biometric today as for the medicals i might have to rethink if i still want to do it, because i`ll hate to redo it 4 or 6 months from now and that's the same reason i have`nt done the police clearance just because i`ll hate to have to redo it.

as for the evidence i`ve put all of the stuff in PDF format and arranged them in a way where its easy for the C/O to understand what the evidence pertains to. since the upload limit is 66 files i think, and maximum file size is 5MB i`ve made sure i format the PDF size to suit this requirements and i got a nice program thats cheaper then Adobe and does a really good job its called Wondershare, which allows you to convert word documents, or images to PDF and also combine PDF files into one file and to top it up, you can optimize the file size and reduce the file size from even 10Mb to 4MB without loosing much of the file quality, anyway i like the program but if Adobe works for you well and good its all a means to an end at the end of the day.

So at this point my question will be, for evidence like Passport Bio copy and birth certificates should i get it notarized or should i just scan the colored copy and present the originals when requested?

thanks

#12 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hi yahoo, 

We have decided to get the biometrics and the medicals done at the same time as my partner does not live in Nairobi. The whole process of arranging appointments was a nightmare!

Both of these were done within 14 days of lodgement in July, the results come back in November, the status now is: the medical clearance was provided, and further processing can continue within the processing timeline (I assume it still is 9-12 months in Nairobi). If we need to do the medicals again due to longer processing time so be it.

Police clearance was uploaded in early October as it took a while to get it arranged, at that point of time Obama was visiting Kenya and everyone was engaged with the security activities :-) 

It's been 8 months now and we haven't heard anything further, awaiting anxiously.

Hope this helps.

• Haro likes this

#13 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 12:38 AM

Hey Bizzy

I did my Biometric and decided to go ahead and do my medicals also just because its a hustle to book and i also have to travel a long distance just to do the medicals, as for the police clearance im planning to have them done mid year maybe around July and fingers crossed Obama doesn't show up during my pcc

all the best and im sure you`ll be getting that `golden` email or call soon

#14 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 26 February 2016 - 09:45 AM

Yahoo - LOL! I doubt Obama will be coming back in a hurry, so you will be safe there ;-) ... but there may be something else, as you know Kenya is quite a volatile country...

Thanks for your kind words, best of luck to you guys as well.

Just have to wait and see, I know of a couple that received a PMV last year, it took 14 months, however additional PCC's had to be arranged as he lived in a couple of countries outside of Kenya. Everyone's circumstances are different, need a lot of patience with this process, but it will be worth it.

#15 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 01:04 AM

Hey bizzy

i think it should be ok with applying for the pcc mid this year, worst case scenario it takes a month or 2 to get it, and with time on my side dont think it will be a big gamble.. My friends PMV took exactly 12 months to approve

#16 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for sharing this yahoo, have your friends been granted their visa recently? do you know if they have been called in for an interview?

Thank you!

#17 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:23 PM

Hey Bizzy

his visa was granted last year 2015 and No he wasn't called for an interview though he had to redo the medicals and get another pcc and he did his application by paper, i think he applied in 2014 not sure of the date or month.

#18 Treme

Treme

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 10:32 AM

HI, 

I had made a 2016 application post but I hadnt updated it since january so will join this one if I can?  

we are applying from Africa too. Made the payment and just now doing biometrics. 

Does anyone know if you have done biometrics for a visitors visa 600 are you required to redo them again? we did the biometrics 6 months ago. 

#19 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:32 PM

Hey Treme

your most welcome and as for your bio im not sure why you have to redo them since its still the same person making the PV application so i`ll suggest you call AHC and get more information because unlike medicals and PCC i dont see reason why they`ll ask you to redo you bio....

#20 Mustansir

Mustansir

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:00 PM

Hello Everyone I m residing in Kuwait, planning to apply for spouse visa by the end of this month
I have some query regarding that I had applied for tourist visa in July 2015 and it got rejected
Will it affect my spouse visa?
Date of marriage: 27 Dec 2015
Wife: Australian citizen

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patner visa pmv, pmv, partner

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users