Jump to content
yahoo

Partner Visas For 2016 Applications

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, flowerxpower said:

Hey guys,

Does anyone know the waiting period would increase for high risk countries (PMV 300) ?

Thank you!😃

Some are getting approved in 14 months others are still waiting 26 months later...each case is different. Depends on complexity, previous history with immi & the case workers own workload - they are seriously understaffed. 

Im at 26 months & waiting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Focus said:

Some are getting approved in 14 months others are still waiting 26 months later...each case is different. Depends on complexity, previous history with immi & the case workers own workload - they are seriously understaffed. 

Im at 26 months & waiting

Are you waiting for prospective marriage visa? Do you know where it's being processed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys 

soon will b applying for visa 100 for my husband I need to know what kind of things I need to provide so I can prepare in advance thx and what’s the waiting on the visa 

one more thing on ur visa grant 309 did anyone get multiple entry into Australia and some one please explain that to me as I don’t want to risk it by going overseas and his not allowed back in thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Amii said:

Hi guys 

soon will b applying for visa 100 for my husband I need to know what kind of things I need to provide so I can prepare in advance thx and what’s the waiting on the visa 

one more thing on ur visa grant 309 did anyone get multiple entry into Australia and some one please explain that to me as I don’t want to risk it by going overseas and his not allowed back in thanks 

All of your questions are answered on the 309/100 website so start by reading through that. Step 5 has the link to the checklist.

Read you 309 grant letter. It will tell you that you can travel. It also states clearly on the website: "You can travel outside Australia as many times as you want on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309) but you must let us know your travel plans before you leave Australia."

 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-/Partner-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-309)-and-Partner-(Migrant)-visa-(subclass-100)-document-checklist#tab-content-1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, skyblue said:

All of your questions are answered on the 309/100 website so start by reading through that. Step 5 has the link to the checklist.

Read you 309 grant letter. It will tell you that you can travel. It also states clearly on the website: "You can travel outside Australia as many times as you want on the temporary Partner visa (subclass 309) but you must let us know your travel plans before you leave Australia."

 

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa-1/309-/Partner-(Provisional)-visa-(subclass-309)-and-Partner-(Migrant)-visa-(subclass-100)-document-checklist#tab-content-1

Thx for that will have a look at it 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All. Just wanted to update with how we went with my husbands partner visa application.

We applied by paper/mail through the Canadian offices in June 2016. 

November 2016 we were asked to provide the police and medical which we did on the 16th of November from Mexico City. (Husband is Mexican) 

The next day his partner visa was approved, so it took less than 5 months all up for us. I was surprised it processed so quickly as the waiting period for Mexico was 12 to 15 months. It may have something to do with the amount of evidence we had as at the time of application we had been married for 13 years and have 3 children. 

 

Best of of luck to everyone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yep, we lodged application ready 25/04/2016.

Red did medicals and Police check March 2018.

 

Still waiting. Husband from DRC, so high risk!

 

immigration contacted to ask about when husband will be onshore again ( we travel alot due to the nature of my work) - sounds positive - no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Happy birthday said:

Hi Focus and JLus

I lodged May 2016 still waiting 24 months gone. I lodged my application in ACH Delhi. Where did you guys Lodged yours?

Lodged ours in April 2016 in Sydney using an Immigration lawyer.  Husband is in India

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hello Senior Members,

I am in a bit of dilemma, i need ur guidance to overcome this problem. I am creating 801 application for my wife who already holds 820 visa. While filling out the application i started matching details with old application(820) found one error in last application where they ask about sponsors details, 

Question was Country lf birth of sponsor: i put Australia, which is wrong i shud have put India. Other details were all ok like if the sponsor got the citizenship by grant etc.

In sponsor’s part application there was same question i answer it correctly. 

Now my question is i need to inform department about the mistake ? And how can i do it? As the application was granted one year ago. Secondly, wud there be any negative effect on her 801 application? 

Last, i was going through the forum that 820 visa holder need to inform if they stay longer overseas, in my wife’s case we didn’t inform department when we traveled to india together , i stayed one month and she stayed in india for 5 months. Now, is this gonna create problem for us? We didn’t change our address during overseas visit. 
Or can we notify the department now? 


Any help wud be highly appreciated. 

Thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, Happy birthday said:

Hi Focus and JLus

I lodged May 2016 still waiting 24 months gone. I lodged my application in ACH Delhi. Where did you guys Lodged yours?

Lodge ours in Australia. HUsband is here with mea nd our three kids, thank goodness. But it 20 days shy of 24 months!! Too long too wait

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all. I lodged my partner visa on 20th June 2016 at new delhi. Now i need to apply for subclass 100. Does someone know if i have to wait for actually 20th june or i can apply now since its couple of weeks left? Any response would be helpful. Thanks in advance. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine was approved like 6 months after when i was on tourist visa in australia after lodging my application. I was asked to go back to india as they need to process my application. It was a bit complicated case too but genuine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×