yahoo

Partner Visas For 2016 Applications

Hi everyone

So I am also currently in the early waiting process for a prospective marriage visa. I am an Australian citizen and my fiancé is from Italy. I am currently here in Australia while my fiancé is Italy. We meet here in Australia where he was on a Working Holiday Visa.

We have been dealing with a immigration lawyer/agent through this as it has been a rather stressful time for me to prepare everything.

Applied for PMV: 18th February 2016

Medical Request: 22nd February 2016

Applied for Tourist Visa: 25th February 2016

Medical Completed: 1st March 2016

At this stage we are currently waiting for a 6 month tourist visa to be approved. Fingers crosses that it gets approved.

My Agent advised that we should have all documents ready when submitting them, so when the Case Officer opens the case it will be pretty much decision ready.

We have already completed our police clearance and my fiancé has already done the medical.

Hi Totjo

welcome to the club

Sounds like you are all set and organised and now its just a waiting game

We applied for the partner visa early January and still have had no response except the acknowledgement letter

Please keep us informed about the visitor visa and let us know if your successful

we are almost ready to apply for a 6 month sponsored visitor visa its taken a while to get all the paper work together

Best of luck

Mike

hey Aman

At the beginning stage you don't need to submit any original copy but i`ll suggest you upload colored copies of everything and when requested by your CO at a late date then you can submit the originals, that's only if its requested.

Hi everyone,

Just keeping you updated on my situation.

Our tourist Visa was granted today. We received a 12 month multiple entry visa, allowing my partner to stay 6 months at a time.

He will be here next week YAY!!

Applied for PMV : 18th Feb 2016

Medical request: 22nd Feb 2016

Applied for tourist visa: 25th Feb 2016

Medical completed: 1st March 2016

Tourist visa grant : 8th March 2016

hey Totojo

seems everything going as planned, thanks for the update

as for me doing the medicals currently and should be done tomorrow, did most of my evidence submitting only a few left including PCC and then fingers crossed all goes well

Congratulations Totojo!

I must say, thats pretty fast. Which country did you apply from buddy?

I am about to apply from India and these days it takes 10-12 months for a partner visa.

One question guys. Since my wife (an Australian citizen) is here with me in India and I will be applying for my partner visa soon, she has to attach certain documents duly certified. Who can certify her documents while she's here in India?? 

Hi all

I'm from Singapore and my husband is Australian. We got married in Dec 2015 and after the massive amount of work putting in all the paperwork, I applied for my 309 on 27 Jan 2016. I received a letter of confirmation, detailing my application and also a request for Medical and Police Certificate of Clearance a week later. The letter was dated 29 Jan though and all the documents were asked to be supplied within 21 days. 

I was in Melbourne at that time and could only work on the request when I was back. Since I was so busy with work etc, my medicals and documents that they needed were only submitted 2 March, way, way after the 21-day mark that they required. The results of my medicals were directed immediately to the High Commission though which was done in late Feb. 

Qn:

Will my process be affected since I went past the 21-day mark that they wanted?

What's the typical processing time for a Singapore applicant? 

I've not been assigned a CO per se but my confirmation letter were from a lady from the Dept of Immigration and Border Protection and when I need clarification, I emailed her and she responded accordingly. Is she then my CO? 

I appreciate any help or advice! Thanks!

hey Clarysage

welcome to the 2016 visa application group so to your questions

Qn1 the fact that you exceeded the 21 day mark wont affect your case because not everyone can submit all the required items in that time period so you should be fine,

Q2  the processing time depends on where you applied from if its offshore you maybe looking at 10months to a year as for the onshore guys their application takes a bit longer as seen on the 2015 partner visa forum so you might be looking at 14 months or even longer. assuming you applied for the 309 then you must have applied from outside Australia

Q3 as for taking to the CO, your too early into the stage to have a CO allocated to you so i assume you were  talking to the PO

Thanks. So  you mean that the PO checks the documents before the CO vets them or the CO is the only one who checks the documents. I am concerned as I would be submitting a couple of documents after 2-3 months of applying.

Hey Aman

the PO checks the documents/evidence and He/She will tell you if your missing any document and if you need to submit anything else so that when the CO receives your file everything is there though its also the CO prerogative to request for additional information and its the CO who makes the decision on your visa application.

Hi everyone,

Just keeping you updated on my situation.

Our tourist Visa was granted today. We received a 12 month multiple entry visa, allowing my partner to stay 6 months at a time.

He will be here next week YAY!!

Applied for PMV : 18th Feb 2016

Medical request: 22nd Feb 2016

Applied for tourist visa: 25th Feb 2016

Medical completed: 1st March 2016

Tourist visa grant : 8th March 2016

Hi Totojo,

Congrats on getting Tourist visa approved. 

One question though: On what basis this 12 months visa grants has been provided? I mean, did Immigration do this or you mentioned somewhere while filling up the Tourist Visa form? Cuz It generally gets granted for 3 months. 

For me,

I am Australian PR. Currently in Melbourne.

Applied for Partner PR - 7th Feb 2016

Location - Offshore, India

Status -  Application received. 

Planning to apply for Tourist/visitor visa for my wife.

Thanks

SK

Ok....but when would the open my file and check the documents for the first time? I woukd be applying online.

Your documents will be open at mid application period or when the queue number gets to the PO, so i assume around the 4-6 month period or it can be longer depending on the country and many other factors. in some forum like the 2015 partner forum some people only got to hear from the PO for the 1st time after 9 months requesting additional documents to be uploaded eg police clearance....so if it will take you 2-3 months to get all the evidence ready then you should be fine, worse case scenario they'll request for additional documents. what you should try avoid is when the case office gets your file and finds out your missing some documents because that might delay your visa answer. also check with you AHC websites to see if they have any information about the visa processing time, i know the AHC for India puts this information on their website so you can also use this information as a guide line on a rough estimate when your file will be viewed by the CO

Hi all

Thanks for the reply. I checked the official websites again. Since I'm from Singapore and a country with ETA for Australia, it stated that it'll take up to 5 months. I hope that it's right which means that the latest would be end June since I lodged it end Jan. I'll keep you updated. All documents, medical and police checks done. No word of a CO yet though.