yahoo

Partner Visas For 2016 Applications

Hi everyone

I had this question on a lone standing post but did not receive any answer. I might be luckier here.

My fiancee and I have just lodged (March 2016) an application for a prospective marriage visa subclass 300.

I am an Australian citizen and lives in Australia. My fiancee lives in a third country (different from her country of origin)) where she has a refugee permit renewable. 

Do you guys think that her refugee status could impact negatively to the application outcome? 

Thanks 

Hi baleleaves,
No one would if answered as we can only answer based on our experience and it's the kind of thing we try and make sure we get right which is why no one would if replied.
While I don't think it would impact it, I really wouldn't want to make a firm answer.
One impact I can see it having is the processing time may take longer due to security checks. Might be worth having a consult with a MARA registered agent.

Hi Baleleaves

i agree with aussie83 that you need to consult a Registered Australian Immigration Agent or lawyer for advice because they will look at the case and tell you what you should do and not do, i also agree that it MIGHT take long to get the approval.... If you dont want to employ the immigration agent full time to do the application for you, you can seek advice from them and last time i did this i paid $200 for an hour though this will vary from agent to agent, you can also ask for their advice from the agent to go through your paper work to double check everything for you. the visa application is close to 7grand so a few hundreds to get proper advice is better then throwing away 7k.

All the best and keep us up to date, thanks.

Hi All

I have applied for Onshore Partner Visa last week. As of now I got a Bridging Visa A and a referral letter for undertaking medical examinations, which I reserved to do so next week. My PCC and most of the other documents are arranged and uploaded. However wish to know whether it is necessary to upload a Form 80 too?? (Despite the fact that it was not mentioned in the Documents Checklist but is figuring in the "Attach Documents" page)

Thanks.

hey Ray

welcome to the group, form 80 is one of those forms that everyone hates so my advice will be you don't have to submit it though you should still fill the form and keep it handy so that when and if they ask for it you have it ready. i`ve read a few cases where form 80 wasn't asked but majority of the time they will ask for it

Hey Aman

the PO checks the documents/evidence and He/She will tell you if your missing any document and if you need to submit anything else so that when the CO receives your file everything is there though its also the CO prerogative to request for additional information and its the CO who makes the decision on your visa application.

Hi buddy,

Since I have all other documents required at the time of applying for a partner visa but the release order from the Army can I mention it in Part 'O' Additional information of Form 47SP stating that "I will be submitting the release order in 2-3 months" ? I hope this does't raise an objection relating to me applying for the visa whilst being in service considering that the PO/CO checks my documents in 2-3 months.....what do u say? The PO will contact me for any missing documents/additional info or the CO will do that?? And what all information can be provided in Part'O' Additional information??

Hi Guys

Thanks to the guys who set this one up, it's a really useful resource already. I intend to apply for a Partner Visa in the coming weeks, and it will be lodged from Ireland to Australia House in London. 

Currently on the immigration website it quotes processing times for the Partner Visa subclass 309 as around 5 months for 'low risk' applicants applying outside Australia. My partner is Irish and therefore considered 'low risk' as far as I can tell. However, most of the posts that I have read people seem to be waiting 10+ months for a decision to be made. I'm wondering if the expected processing times for this visa type has dropped? Or am I misunderstanding the table on the website I wonder. I've posted the link here for anyone who wants to check it out. 

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/family-visa-processing-times

Thanks in advance for any direction. 

Cheers

Lysh 

Hey aman

quick question are you applying online or using paper, because if its online i dont think you have to mention that you`ll get the form in 3 months time because i think it will take more then 3 months for someone to even open your file, so if i was you i wont worry about the paper work until you get it and if the PO asks for it then just tell him/her that your on the process of getting the paper work, im sure they know it takes time to get the paper work.  try get the other paper work ready and upload them as soon as possible, so that your only missing one paper work and not 10

Hi Guys

Thanks to the guys who set this one up, it's a really useful resource already. I intend to apply for a Partner Visa in the coming weeks, and it will be lodged from Ireland to Australia House in London. 

Currently on the immigration website it quotes processing times for the Partner Visa subclass 309 as around 5 months for 'low risk' applicants applying outside Australia. My partner is Irish and therefore considered 'low risk' as far as I can tell. However, most of the posts that I have read people seem to be waiting 10+ months for a decision to be made. I'm wondering if the expected processing times for this visa type has dropped? Or am I misunderstanding the table on the website I wonder. I've posted the link here for anyone who wants to check it out. 

https://www.border.gov.au/about/access-accountability/service-standards/family-visa-processing-times

Thanks in advance for any direction. 

Cheers

Lysh 

hey Ariley

welcome to the 2016 group the new kids on the block....the time period varies from case to case and the 6 months is just a rough estimate for low risk countries, though there other factors they consider is, how many applications they have to process and individual cases and what visa your apply for etc. they haven't revised the time period its still the same but you get the lucky ones who get there visa early then others. all you can do is just give enough evidence and be updating it every few months and hope for the best..... good luck

Hey aman

quick question are you applying online or using paper, because if its online i dont think you have to mention that you`ll get the form in 3 months time because i think it will take more then 3 months for someone to even open your file, so if i was you i wont worry about the paper work until you get it and if the PO asks for it then just tell him/her that your on the process of getting the paper work, im sure they know it takes time to get the paper work.  try get the other paper work ready and upload them as soon as possible, so that your only missing one paper work and not 10

I am planning to apply online as of now...I am not sure whether I should go through VFS or not...which is better in your opinion....VFS or online?

I feel that if I apply online I would be much more aware of the things going on and I guess its faster...is it?

Thanks again buddy. (What should I call u...yahoo?  )

hye all, newbie here, as u can see the topic,.. im getting getting to a australian girl and we got to know each other through matrimony site and been talking for over a year now.. wen i got to know her i was working in malaysia and was illegal ther for 3 years now now im back home india.. so how are my chances since i have overstayed in another country for 3 years?? will affect my  applications??

Hey Aman

i think applying online has so much benefits eg you can upload the documents at your own pace,you can keep track of your progress online, you can update your evidence as frequently as you want,you dont have to fear be afraid that your paper work will get lost, you can pay online, you can do any changes to application online, you can get your medicals form online the list is endless to be honest and for someone like you who will be updating files later i think this will be the best option and your mrs can also go online when she has the evidence she can upload it for you since she has to create her own account after you submit and pay for your application. also if you pay now and upload evidence later at least your in the queue

Hey Aman

i think applying online has so much benefits eg you can upload the documents at your own pace,you can keep track of your progress online, you can update your evidence as frequently as you want,you dont have to fear be afraid that your paper work will get lost, you can pay online, you can do any changes to application online, you can get your medicals form online the list is endless to be honest and for someone like you who will be updating files later i think this will be the best option and your mrs can also go online when she has the evidence she can upload it for you since she has to create her own account after you submit and pay for your application. also if you pay now and upload evidence later at least your in the queue

I guess you're right buddy. One more thing....since my wife is here currently (she's leaving in april) while we apply for the visa, where can she attest/certify her documents like Australian passport and other Australian documents which have to be certified...also where can we both certify our statements of history of relationships (if its required to certified)...? Who all can certify my documents here in India?? Can I provide my passport as proof of age (it has my parents' names as well)...as the booklet says that you can use passport as proof of age..and parents' names....One more thing regarding the payment....is the online payment a normal "fund transfer" to the high commission's account or do I have to pay using credit card..(as my credit card doesn't have that much limit)...?? Is there a limit to uploading pictures..I am annotating all the pictures...Sorry for too many questions ... lol ....

hey Zachozoi

welcome to 2016 forum, now i`ll advice you breath in and out a few times and relax, over staying a visa is surprisingly a very common thing so don't worry if it will affect your visa...what you need to know is that the immigration guys will scrutinizes your application with super magnifying glasses and this might delay your application  so don't stress mate but be ready for this.

with that said if you had a criminal record in Malaysia then that might affect your application, and i know Malaysian citizens can apply online for police clearance not sure about non citizens that might be the huddle you have to over come. so long as your relationship is genuine with no major criminal record then don't worry much.

i know of people who over stayed visa for 6 years and still were given PV so just do your due diligence and be honest coz that's all they ask for. good luck and keep us updated

hey Zachozoi

welcome to 2016 forum, now i`ll advice you breath in and out a few times and relax, over staying a visa is surprisingly a very common thing so don't worry if it will affect your visa...what you need to know is that the immigration guys will scrutinizes your application with super magnifying glasses and this might delay your application  so don't stress mate but be ready for this.

with that said if you had a criminal record in Malaysia then that might affect your application, and i know Malaysian citizens can apply online for police clearance not sure about non citizens that might be the huddle you have to over come. so long as your relationship is genuine with no major criminal record then don't worry much.

i know of people who over stayed visa for 6 years and still were given PV so just do your due diligence and be honest coz that's all they ask for. good luck and keep us updated

thx bro.. since my case is overstay and marriage through matrimony i coudnt find any similar threads here..

hey Aman

i`ll try answer what i can mate

you can certify your documents in various places eg a practicing lawyer, court official, police station etc as for Australia the list includes also post office manager, notarization officer, doctor, magistrate etc

if you apply online you can either choose to upload colored copies of your documents like birth certificates and passport without having them certified since they can always ask for originals when they want but for paper application everything has to be certified....this is not the case with relationship declaration, form 888 and army release form which have to be certified even if you you apply online.

payment screen comes once you submit your online application and you can pay with credit card, debit card or Bpay if its from australia

you can use passport as a proof of age

dont focus much on the photos coz there considered as secondary evidence so just have photos of main events and both of you with family and friends and photos and a few photos of you guys

hey Aman

i`ll try answer what i can mate

you can certify your documents in various places eg a practicing lawyer, court official, police station etc as for Australia the list includes also post office manager, notarization officer, doctor, magistrate etc

if you apply online you can either choose to upload colored copies of your documents like birth certificates and passport without having them certified since they can always ask for originals when they want but for paper application everything has to be certified....this is not the case with relationship declaration, form 888 and army release form which have to be certified even if you you apply online.

payment screen comes once you submit your online application and you can pay with credit card, debit card or Bpay if its from australia

you can use passport as a proof of age

dont focus much on the photos coz there considered as secondary evidence so just have photos of main events and both of you with family and friends and photos and a few photos of you guys

Thanks a lot mate. You answered it all.

Hi,

I was trying to apply online and got stuck where they asked for date of release from Military (as I am currently serving in the Indian Army and about to get released from service in 2-3 months. My wife is an Australian citizen). The date of release in the online application cannot be after the date one fills the form on. That means if I apply on 22 Mar 2016 the date cannot be after 22 Mar 2016. I thought applying now will at least put me in the que and I could always add my Army release order later in 2-3 months time (as my documents will not be check before that….hope that info is right???). Can I apply while being in service (as the form did not accept any date after the date I was applying on??) or do I have to be out of the Army first ?? Please help!

One more thing, can I go to Australia on Visitor's Visa and apply onshore and then apply for a bridging visa. I this case will I get a bridging visa at all and if yes, will I have work rights considering that I would be there initially on Visitor's Visa with no work rights??

Hi Aman

I believe you can apply for partner visa onshore while you are on visitor's visa and you will be automatically entitled to a Bridging Visa A (BVA) at the time of your lodgment and the same will be in effect on the expiry of your visitor's visa.

As for the working rights, I don't think there is any restrictions while you hold BVA, but sometimes rarely it does vary from person to person.

One more thing, can I go to Australia on Visitor's Visa and apply onshore and then apply for a bridging visa. I this case will I get a bridging visa at all and if yes, will I have work rights considering that I would be there initially on Visitor's Visa with no work rights??

Hi Aman!

This is correct. I am now in Au on a VV, applied onshore PV last 23/03/16 via post. Last 24/03/16 got Immi's acknowledgement and BVA grant notice. BVA has with full work & study rights. 

All the best