2451 replies to this topic

#2441 Oscar85

Oscar85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:00 PM

Just a quick update. Immi asked for the evidence of relationship on 28th dec 2017 which was submitted very next day which was 29th dec 2017, after almost one month when i enquired, they replied saying they haven't received anything !! so their email address is not trust worthy. despite of replying them or submitting docs on their provided email, there is no guarantee that they will receive the docs. Really pissed off with their professionalism and the way of their work style. complained with their global feedback unit again but they replied saying must be a technical issue so send docs again but what is the guarantee that they will receive the docs this time as their 28days docs submitting windows will be closed while playing this email game, that's their fault so I wasn't convinced and made me more pissed off. Complained to commonwealth ombudsman on friday with all evidences of negligence from immigration in new delhi. Let's see what action will they take now. 

#2442 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:46 PM

Just a quick update. Immi asked for the evidence of relationship on 28th dec 2017 which was submitted very next day which was 29th dec 2017, after almost one month when i enquired, they replied saying they haven't received anything !! so their email address is not trust worthy. despite of replying them or submitting docs on their provided email, there is no guarantee that they will receive the docs. Really pissed off with their professionalism and the way of their work style. complained with their global feedback unit again but they replied saying must be a technical issue so send docs again but what is the guarantee that they will receive the docs this time as their 28days docs submitting windows will be closed while playing this email game, that's their fault so I wasn't convinced and made me more pissed off. Complained to commonwealth ombudsman on friday with all evidences of negligence from immigration in new delhi. Let's see what action will they take now. 

Sending emails to Immigration requires you to meet limits on size of individual files and Email.
Emails cannot exceed 10mb and files cannot exceed 5mb per file or it is not compliant and will be ignored.

I Suggest you check your email and comply.
If you don't the ombudsman has no authority to override Immigration and you could end up with a refusal
Instead of seeking to blame and causing problems, solve the problem and send the files
Anything else is stupid and will end up causing you grief and most likely a refusal

• kaz12 likes this

#2443 kaz12

kaz12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:48 PM

Why don’t you send that forward email with the time date you sent it to them back . Seriously this people need to pick up their game rather sending sloppy replies
  • auzzz7593 likes this

#2444 kaz12

kaz12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 03:52 PM

They cannot refuse a visa on such grounds. Just use Immi account to attach files or documents to be on the safe side

#2445 Oscar85

Oscar85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:17 PM

Paul O, Thanks for your comment,

The files are professionally attached by my MARA agent which are 5 mb in size. Well those email can be tracked by global feedback unit in sydney but dibp new delhi can't find them. What do you think ? is this our mistake or dibp new delhi negligence ? dibp new delhi cannot refuse visa on ground of their negligence. Commonwealth ombudsman will assign an officer to investigate the case and will take appropriate action for their negligence. I could understand if there was an error from my side while sending an email to dibp as my agent sent that email to dibp as well as CC it to me as well. While talking to immigration feedback unit in sydney, they can track that email while dibp india haven't received it and those were stated in writing by dibp india. All those evidences has been submitted to Commonwealth ombudsman for appropriate action. If dibp india does reject application on those basis then this case will land to MRT, Court and media.All these actions has been consulted with Professional Immigration lawyer in sydney and actioned. The point is about fairness and professionalism not Negligence from dibp india after all its about our future with our spouse and we have paid hefty fees to dibp to process application but instead, we are getting negligence which is not tolerable.

KAZ12 this was a paper application so can't be submitted through immi account.

#2446 Oscar85

Oscar85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 January 2018 - 04:22 PM

Commonwealth Ombudsman has advised me to send email on different email address(india.migrationvisas@dfat.gov.au) instead of enquiry-india@border.gov.au while they investigate the case. Emailed the docs to advised email address advised by ombudsman and have received the acknowledgement from department of foreign affairs from new delhi. lets see what happens now.

#2447 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:17 AM

They cannot refuse a visa on such grounds. Just use Immi account to attach files or documents to be on the safe side

Actually they can refuse. It would possibly be an error in procedural fairness but they can refuse. 

#2448 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 03:31 AM

The files are professionally attached by my MARA agent which are 5 mb in size. Well those email can be tracked by global feedback unit in sydney but dibp new delhi can't find them. What do you think ? is this our mistake or dibp new delhi negligence ? dibp new delhi cannot refuse visa on ground of their negligence. Commonwealth ombudsman will assign an officer to investigate the case and will take appropriate action for their negligence. I could understand if there was an error from my side while sending an email to dibp as my agent sent that email to dibp as well as CC it to me as well. While talking to immigration feedback unit in sydney, they can track that email while dibp india haven't received it and those were stated in writing by dibp india. All those evidences has been submitted to Commonwealth ombudsman for appropriate action. If dibp india does reject application on those basis then this case will land to MRT, Court and media.All these actions has been consulted with Professional Immigration lawyer in sydney and actioned. The point is about fairness and professionalism not Negligence from dibp india after all its about our future with our spouse and we have paid hefty fees to dibp to process application but instead, we are getting negligence which is not tolerable.

If your visa was submitted by a MARA agent it should have been through an Immi Account. The documents should have been uploaded to the immi account unless had the full number of documents allowed. Then you email DIBP at the email address listed on the file. You can respond to the email request.
HOWEVER: your MARA agent should have addressed this issue through the agent feed back not by going to the Ombudsman. That shows lack of professional knowledge.

Why are you so focussed on making trouble. You Blame DIBP but maybe it is your agent at fault here. Media cant help you. Court is not possible until AAT (MRT Division) has refused and there is a legal error at the tribunal. If there is no legal error at the tribunal the court cannot assist.

You are venting your frustration and at the same time making threats of action you will take
Be aware Immigration does have software and a search engine that operated constantly scanning ALL social media for references to all applicants

I would advise there is a better way to handle this and I have never had this issue with Immigration DIBP etc.
There is an Agent Feedback section that is for this exact purpose and if that is not working then you email policy.
Errors do happen but the way they are dealt with is important.

I also understand you paid a high fee as have others. Expectations of correct decisions and professionalism have long gone from the visa processing. You need to do what is asked and to make sure you provide everything asked and send as requested
If an email does not arrive it is considered your problem not Immigrations. However, in this case they can see the Email. It is very strange that Delhi cannot. 

The reality is, What are you really going to do. Work to solve this or make a big drama. Remember the people who provide the IT service and email monitoring in Australia are Indians. Maybe blame them?

As I said earlier the blame attitude will not work. You cannot sue the Department of Immigration or the Minister for Immigration. It is written into the law to prevent this.

FOCUS on what you need to do:
Your agent should be guiding you re this? 
It seems not so you have taken action on your own out of frustration so maybe direct your anger where it is deserved. Ask your agent for an explanation. Ask the agent to sort it out. 
My clients would expect this of me.

• auzzz7593 likes this

#2449 auzzz7593

auzzz7593

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:17 AM

I would be completely blaming your MARA agent not the DIPB. It seems unusual to me that a MARA agent would suggest to you to do a paper application. Paper applications are considered bit old school now and not as reliable as an online application through IMMI Account. If you had an IMMI account your status once they requested the documents would have changed to "Information Requested" once you have those requested documents you click on a button called "Information Provided" which automatically notifies the DIPB to continue on to assess your case. You then can send an email politely letting them know that you have submitted the requested documents as of the such and such date and you look forward to their next update. 

Our partner visa was approved the next day by following these steps (not for everyone's case but in mine it was) 

It is completely your responsibility and not the departments to ensure that you send the documents that they request through the correct procedure and that you are checking all emails that they send to you. 

If you are unable to submit the requested documents within a 28-day time frame YOU (in this case your agent) should get in touch with them and notify them formally that it's unable to be done and explain the reasons why. They are understanding. If you don't do that, how are they supposed to know what happened? They can only assume that this visa is not your first priority. If you say the documents were sent you should have spent the last month trying to receive a confirmation that they were received instead of letting it sit there piling up and expiring over the 28-days.

You're right this visa is extremely expensive everyone has had to pay it, might as well do as much research as possible and ensure that you get it right the first time and focus on how to get approved rather than threatening to sue everyone.

#2450 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 04:23 AM

I would be completely blaming your MARA agent not the DIPB. It seems unusual to me that a MARA agent would suggest to you to do a paper application. Paper applications are considered bit old school now and not as reliable as an online application through IMMI Account. If you had an IMMI account your status once they requested the documents would have changed to "Information Requested" once you have those requested documents you click on a button called "Information Provided" which automatically notifies the DIPB to continue on to assess your case. You then can send an email politely letting them know that you have submitted the requested documents as of the such and such date and you look forward to their next update. 

Our partner visa was approved the next day by following these steps (not for everyone's case but in mine it was) 

It is completely your responsibility and not the departments to ensure that you send the documents that they request through the correct procedure and that you are checking all emails that they send to you. 

If you are unable to submit the requested documents within a 28-day time frame YOU (in this case your agent) should get in touch with them and notify them formally that it's unable to be done and explain the reasons why. They are understanding. If you don't do that, how are they supposed to know what happened? They can only assume that this visa is not your first priority. If you say the documents were sent you should have spent the last month trying to receive a confirmation that they were received instead of letting it sit there piling up and expiring over the 28-days.

You're right this visa is extremely expensive everyone has had to pay it, might as well do as much research as possible and ensure that you get it right the first time and focus on how to get approved rather than threatening to sue everyone.

auzzz7593: I agree. It should have been an Immi account submission. Only inexperienced agents submit by paper. Now there is no option. All must be submitted through the immi account.
Seems like the MARA agent is blaming Immigration DIBP and the client is upset and is attacking DIBP when he should be seeking explanations from the MARA agent

#2451 Focus

Focus

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:29 AM

Paul O

Believe me, my Immigration Lawyer knows exactly how frustrated I am as does his associate & receptionist.

#2452 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

Paul O

Believe me, my Immigration Lawyer knows exactly how frustrated I am as does his associate & receptionist.

I believe he would but what is or did he do? It was his responsibility not yours to follow this up.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patner visa pmv, pmv, partner

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)