2341 replies to this topic

#21 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 06:30 PM

Hi,

I am planning to apply for partner visa (my wife is an Australian Citizen). I am currently serving in the Indian Army and will be released from service in 2-3 months. Can I apply now and produce the release documents once I get them(so that we save time) or will I have to wait, get released from service and then apply? One more thing....we've been married for 3yrs and 3months. I read in the booklet (online) that I may be granted a PR directly as we have been married for over 3yrs. Do I need to mention somewhere in the application (applying online) that I am applying for the Subclass 100 Visa?

Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Aman

• OzMal, Mariasimoneau and mzdee like this

#22 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

Hello Everyone I m residing in Kuwait, planning to apply for spouse visa by the end of this month
I have some query regarding that I had applied for tourist visa in July 2015 and it got rejected
Will it affect my spouse visa?
Date of marriage: 27 Dec 2015
Wife: Australian citizen

Hey Mustansir

welcome to the group of 2016, so to your question about your tourist visa........ your spouse visa would not be affected in anyway by your rejected tourist visa, and tourist visa rejections are very common

hope the information helps

#23 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 08:45 PM

Hi,

I am planning to apply for partner visa (my wife is an Australian Citizen). I am currently serving in the Indian Army and will be released from service in 2-3 months. Can I apply now and produce the release documents once I get them(so that we save time) or will I have to wait, get released from service and then apply? One more thing....we've been married for 3yrs and 3months. I read in the booklet (online) that I may be granted a PR directly as we have been married for over 3yrs. Do I need to mention somewhere in the application (applying online) that I am applying for the Subclass 100 Visa?

Your assistance would be highly appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
Aman

Hey Aman

welcome to the group,

i`ll advice that you apply and pay now (online application not sure about paper but i guess it would be the same) and get your name in the queue and then later in 2-3 months time you can upload the documents once you have been released from the armed force. you can also attach documents at your pace since your CO will probably get appointed maybe later on in the stage and maybe that will be the 1st time they open your file. on average India PV take around 12months or more so you still have time but its better you upload the evidence as soon as you can so that when someone opens your file they will find everything is complete and wont have to go through delays because of waiting on more evidence to be uploaded 

on the immigration link i have attached there's a PDF document 

( https://www.border.g...uments/1127.pdf) and on pg 38 under Permanent Partner Visa ( sub classes 100 and 801) it gives examples when a partner visa will be given given a PR directly without having to wait the full 2 years. and on page 40 it talks about how you document from release from the army has to certified when uploading it. hope this answers your questions. the booklet will have answers to most your questions

• aman681 likes this

#24 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 09:47 PM

Hey,

Thanks a lot the reply buddy. Page 38 simply reads that I 'may' be granted a Permanent Visa if I meet the requirements (in my case, being married for over 03 yrs). But it doesn't read how should I apply or should I simply apply and leave it to the CO.

Regarding my Military service Page 39 reads that the "certified copies of my military service record or discharge papers" to be produced. I believe the Army is the one that is authorised to certify copies of the said military documents....am I right?

• Kaz likes this

#25 gm6

gm6

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:06 PM

Hi Aman

You will have to apply for subclass 309. since your relationship is over 3 years, I m sure u will have loads of evidence to prove it.  if the department is satisfied with the evidence provided, u will be granted sub class 100 right away. 

#26 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:10 PM

I get it buddy. Thanks a lot.

#27 Totojo

Totojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:31 PM

Hi everyone

So I am also currently in the early waiting process for a prospective marriage visa. I am an Australian citizen and my fiancé is from Italy. I am currently here in Australia while my fiancé is Italy. We meet here in Australia where he was on a Working Holiday Visa.

We have been dealing with a immigration lawyer/agent through this as it has been a rather stressful time for me to prepare everything.

Applied for PMV: 18th February 2016

Medical Request: 22nd February 2016

Applied for Tourist Visa: 25th February 2016

Medical Completed: 1st March 2016

At this stage we are currently waiting for a 6 month tourist visa to be approved. Fingers crosses that it gets approved.

My Agent advised that we should have all documents ready when submitting them, so when the Case Officer opens the case it will be pretty much decision ready.

We have already completed our police clearance and my fiancé has already done the medical.

#28 Michael81

Michael81

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 01:45 PM

Hi Totjo

welcome to the club

Sounds like you are all set and organised and now its just a waiting game

We applied for the partner visa early January and still have had no response except the acknowledgement letter

Please keep us informed about the visitor visa and let us know if your successful

we are almost ready to apply for a 6 month sponsored visitor visa its taken a while to get all the paper work together

Best of luck

Mike

#29 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:43 PM

Hi,

Do we need to submit any document in original (at a later stage/if asked by the CO) while applying online for a partner visa 309/100?

#30 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:55 PM

hey Aman

At the beginning stage you don't need to submit any original copy but i`ll suggest you upload colored copies of everything and when requested by your CO at a late date then you can submit the originals, that's only if its requested.

#31 Totojo

Totojo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 03:32 PM

Hi everyone,

Just keeping you updated on my situation.

Our tourist Visa was granted today. We received a 12 month multiple entry visa, allowing my partner to stay 6 months at a time.

He will be here next week YAY!!

Applied for PMV : 18th Feb 2016

Medical request: 22nd Feb 2016

Applied for tourist visa: 25th Feb 2016

Medical completed: 1st March 2016

Tourist visa grant : 8th March 2016

#32 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:45 PM

hey Totojo

seems everything going as planned, thanks for the update

as for me doing the medicals currently and should be done tomorrow, did most of my evidence submitting only a few left including PCC and then fingers crossed all goes well

#33 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:09 AM

Congratulations Totojo!

I must say, thats pretty fast. Which country did you apply from buddy?

I am about to apply from India and these days it takes 10-12 months for a partner visa.

#34 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 02:13 AM

One question guys. Since my wife (an Australian citizen) is here with me in India and I will be applying for my partner visa soon, she has to attach certain documents duly certified. Who can certify her documents while she's here in India?? 

#35 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:41 AM

Aman681 I suggest you read the post again, it was the tourist visa that was granted.
If you are appapplying online colour scans of passport ect are fine and notarise the others

#36 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:48 AM

I thought the medical was for the Partner visa..lol

#37 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 926 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:21 AM

My mistake thought you meant congrats on the visa approval. Haha

#38 Clarysage

Clarysage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 05:04 PM

Hi all

I'm from Singapore and my husband is Australian. We got married in Dec 2015 and after the massive amount of work putting in all the paperwork, I applied for my 309 on 27 Jan 2016. I received a letter of confirmation, detailing my application and also a request for Medical and Police Certificate of Clearance a week later. The letter was dated 29 Jan though and all the documents were asked to be supplied within 21 days. 

I was in Melbourne at that time and could only work on the request when I was back. Since I was so busy with work etc, my medicals and documents that they needed were only submitted 2 March, way, way after the 21-day mark that they required. The results of my medicals were directed immediately to the High Commission though which was done in late Feb. 

Qn:

Will my process be affected since I went past the 21-day mark that they wanted?

What's the typical processing time for a Singapore applicant? 

I've not been assigned a CO per se but my confirmation letter were from a lady from the Dept of Immigration and Border Protection and when I need clarification, I emailed her and she responded accordingly. Is she then my CO? 

I appreciate any help or advice! Thanks!

#39 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:58 AM

hey Clarysage

welcome to the 2016 visa application group so to your questions

Qn1 the fact that you exceeded the 21 day mark wont affect your case because not everyone can submit all the required items in that time period so you should be fine,

Q2  the processing time depends on where you applied from if its offshore you maybe looking at 10months to a year as for the onshore guys their application takes a bit longer as seen on the 2015 partner visa forum so you might be looking at 14 months or even longer. assuming you applied for the 309 then you must have applied from outside Australia

Q3 as for taking to the CO, your too early into the stage to have a CO allocated to you so i assume you were  talking to the PO

#40 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 04:18 PM

Who is a PO...? Is he the one who checks the CO checks the documents?
  • OzMal likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patner visa pmv, pmv, partner

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users