Hey Aman

PO stands for Visa processing officer

#42 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 05:24 PM

Thanks. So  you mean that the PO checks the documents before the CO vets them or the CO is the only one who checks the documents. I am concerned as I would be submitting a couple of documents after 2-3 months of applying.

#43 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:13 PM

Hey Aman

the PO checks the documents/evidence and He/She will tell you if your missing any document and if you need to submit anything else so that when the CO receives your file everything is there though its also the CO prerogative to request for additional information and its the CO who makes the decision on your visa application.

#44 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:15 PM

Ok....but when would the open my file and check the documents for the first time? I woukd be applying online.

#45 SKS

SKS

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:20 PM

Hi everyone,

Just keeping you updated on my situation.

Our tourist Visa was granted today. We received a 12 month multiple entry visa, allowing my partner to stay 6 months at a time.

He will be here next week YAY!!

Applied for PMV : 18th Feb 2016

Medical request: 22nd Feb 2016

Applied for tourist visa: 25th Feb 2016

Medical completed: 1st March 2016

Tourist visa grant : 8th March 2016

Hi Totojo,

Congrats on getting Tourist visa approved. 

One question though: On what basis this 12 months visa grants has been provided? I mean, did Immigration do this or you mentioned somewhere while filling up the Tourist Visa form? Cuz It generally gets granted for 3 months. 

For me,

I am Australian PR. Currently in Melbourne.

Applied for Partner PR - 7th Feb 2016

Location - Offshore, India

Status -  Application received. 

Planning to apply for Tourist/visitor visa for my wife.

Thanks

SK

#46 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 06:56 PM

Ok....but when would the open my file and check the documents for the first time? I woukd be applying online.

Your documents will be open at mid application period or when the queue number gets to the PO, so i assume around the 4-6 month period or it can be longer depending on the country and many other factors. in some forum like the 2015 partner forum some people only got to hear from the PO for the 1st time after 9 months requesting additional documents to be uploaded eg police clearance....so if it will take you 2-3 months to get all the evidence ready then you should be fine, worse case scenario they'll request for additional documents. what you should try avoid is when the case office gets your file and finds out your missing some documents because that might delay your visa answer. also check with you AHC websites to see if they have any information about the visa processing time, i know the AHC for India puts this information on their website so you can also use this information as a guide line on a rough estimate when your file will be viewed by the CO

#47 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:18 PM

Thanks a lot buddy.

#48 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

No problem Aman we`re all here to help each other

• SKS likes this

#49 Nooni34

Nooni34

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationDubai

Posted 12 March 2016 - 06:19 AM

Phone Operator

#50 Clarysage

Clarysage

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hi all

Thanks for the reply. I checked the official websites again. Since I'm from Singapore and a country with ETA for Australia, it stated that it'll take up to 5 months. I hope that it's right which means that the latest would be end June since I lodged it end Jan. I'll keep you updated. All documents, medical and police checks done. No word of a CO yet though.

#51 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 March 2016 - 11:06 PM

Hi Clarysage

glad the information was helpful, fingers crossed all goes well and keep us updated.....

#52 Baleleaves

Baleleaves

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 12:15 PM

Hi everyone

I had this question on a lone standing post but did not receive any answer. I might be luckier here.

My fiancee and I have just lodged (March 2016) an application for a prospective marriage visa subclass 300.

I am an Australian citizen and lives in Australia. My fiancee lives in a third country (different from her country of origin)) where she has a refugee permit renewable. 

Do you guys think that her refugee status could impact negatively to the application outcome? 

Thanks 

#53 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 03:35 PM

Hi baleleaves,
No one would if answered as we can only answer based on our experience and it's the kind of thing we try and make sure we get right which is why no one would if replied.
While I don't think it would impact it, I really wouldn't want to make a firm answer.
One impact I can see it having is the processing time may take longer due to security checks. Might be worth having a consult with a MARA registered agent.

#54 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 March 2016 - 04:27 PM

Hi Baleleaves

i agree with aussie83 that you need to consult a Registered Australian Immigration Agent or lawyer for advice because they will look at the case and tell you what you should do and not do, i also agree that it MIGHT take long to get the approval.... If you dont want to employ the immigration agent full time to do the application for you, you can seek advice from them and last time i did this i paid $200 for an hour though this will vary from agent to agent, you can also ask for their advice from the agent to go through your paper work to double check everything for you. the visa application is close to 7grand so a few hundreds to get proper advice is better then throwing away 7k.

All the best and keep us up to date, thanks.

#55 Ray

Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 05:15 AM

Hi All

I have applied for Onshore Partner Visa last week. As of now I got a Bridging Visa A and a referral letter for undertaking medical examinations, which I reserved to do so next week. My PCC and most of the other documents are arranged and uploaded. However wish to know whether it is necessary to upload a Form 80 too?? (Despite the fact that it was not mentioned in the Documents Checklist but is figuring in the "Attach Documents" page)

Thanks.

#56 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 March 2016 - 02:45 PM

hey Ray

welcome to the group, form 80 is one of those forms that everyone hates so my advice will be you don't have to submit it though you should still fill the form and keep it handy so that when and if they ask for it you have it ready. i`ve read a few cases where form 80 wasn't asked but majority of the time they will ask for it

#57 Ray

Ray

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 09:18 PM

Thanks a lot Yahoo. Noted the contents of your post with interest.

#58 yahoo

yahoo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 03:39 AM

your welcome Ray, anytime

#59 aman681

aman681

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 03:25 AM

Hey Aman

the PO checks the documents/evidence and He/She will tell you if your missing any document and if you need to submit anything else so that when the CO receives your file everything is there though its also the CO prerogative to request for additional information and its the CO who makes the decision on your visa application.

Hi buddy,

Since I have all other documents required at the time of applying for a partner visa but the release order from the Army can I mention it in Part 'O' Additional information of Form 47SP stating that "I will be submitting the release order in 2-3 months" ? I hope this does't raise an objection relating to me applying for the visa whilst being in service considering that the PO/CO checks my documents in 2-3 months.....what do u say? The PO will contact me for any missing documents/additional info or the CO will do that?? And what all information can be provided in Part'O' Additional information??

#60 ariley01

ariley01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

Hi Guys

Thanks to the guys who set this one up, it's a really useful resource already. I intend to apply for a Partner Visa in the coming weeks, and it will be lodged from Ireland to Australia House in London. 

Currently on the immigration website it quotes processing times for the Partner Visa subclass 309 as around 5 months for 'low risk' applicants applying outside Australia. My partner is Irish and therefore considered 'low risk' as far as I can tell. However, most of the posts that I have read people seem to be waiting 10+ months for a decision to be made. I'm wondering if the expected processing times for this visa type has dropped? Or am I misunderstanding the table on the website I wonder. I've posted the link here for anyone who wants to check it out. 

https://www.border.g...rocessing-times

Thanks in advance for any direction. 

Cheers

Lysh 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patner visa pmv, pmv, partner

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users