1497 replies to this topic

#1481 Rach

Rach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 03:20 AM

Hi Paul,

We had previously been to Australia on a visitors visa so he had police and character checks from then plus he wrote a statement on his offence and how he has learnt and improved him self since then. He has a strong 10 year work history since that too. Hope this helps? Have you also had this issue?

#1482 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Today, 03:27 AM

Hi Paul,

We had previously been to Australia on a visitors visa so he had police and character checks from then plus he wrote a statement on his offence and how he has learnt and improved him self since then. He has a strong 10 year work history since that too. Hope this helps? Have you also had this issue?

Hi Rach

it is important to address the history. If you have done this with evidence and honesty there should be no problem. 10 years of post offence history is normally enough to satisfy this. IF the case officer was to refuse the visa because of the offence you could appeal and the MRT would most likely decide in favour and send back to Immigration for a decision again

• Rach likes this

#1483 Rach

Rach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 03:32 AM

Thanks Paul,

I hope so. It's really hard to prove how someone has grown from being a nyieve teenager to a responsible man through paper. I hope they don't through everybody into the no good basket because of past mistakes. We were very scared to even apply at the risk of losing all that money but you never know unless you do!

#1484 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Today, 03:42 AM

Thanks Paul,

I hope so. It's really hard to prove how someone has grown from being a nyieve teenager to a responsible man through paper. I hope they don't through everybody into the no good basket because of past mistakes. We were very scared to even apply at the risk of losing all that money but you never know unless you do!

Hi Rach

the proof is in no reoffending and the family life and community life. That you demonstrate with affidavits from friends, relatives, Doctors, important members of society, church or group leaders, sporting groups, social connections and so on

#1485 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 04:27 AM

Hi Paul

Do you reckon they have a strict outlook on re offending on any offence mine was a stupid offence pretty embarrassing really urinating in a car park and an alleyway 2 separate offences just worried really, I have been asked to do a statement on my previous offences and get an NZ police check

#1486 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Today, 04:33 AM

Hi Paul

Do you reckon they have a strict outlook on re offending on any offence mine was a stupid offence pretty embarrassing really urinating in a car park and an alleyway 2 separate offences just worried really, I have been asked to do a statement on my previous offences and get an NZ police check

Hi StevenUK

If it was a long time ago and no recent offences then you can say exactly what you said here. include what you do if you go out so you can use public or facility toilets. That you have matured and with age you would never consider doing that and that you really cant believe you did it then. You are remorseful and no intention of doing it again

#1487 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 04:40 AM

I have another few But not under the same category of offence.. all I can do is write the statement and see what happens it's out of my hands, can just be as honest as possible really and hopefully I can come through it. Just one more thing if your visa gets declined do you not get any of your money back just recently read that and wasn't really aware of it tbh but hopefully it doesn't come to that

#1488 Rach

Rach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 04:59 AM

No you don't get any of the money back. It's a big gamble unfortunately.

#1489 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 05:05 AM

Thanks rach, don't even want to think about that scenario but it's hard at times not to, this visa stuff is an emotional roller coaster some times you have positive days and some not so positive I'm sure everyone's in the same boat

#1490 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted Today, 05:11 AM

Thanks rach, don't even want to think about that scenario but it's hard at times not to, this visa stuff is an emotional roller coaster some times you have positive days and some not so positive I'm sure everyone's in the same boat

StevenUK: Better to put a lot of thought into it. If you do and you know what is required then you can be successful. The problem is that the forums tend to give you a false sense of security and dont really address the complications. The majority of cases in the MRT (Tribunal - Appeal) are for Partner visas.
This means many get it wrong because they do not address all the issues in the application. Offences are one that needs to be fully addressed to get an approval. Health is another.
relationship evidence can sometimes be light on and questionable. 

#1491 Rach

Rach

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted Today, 05:18 AM

Emotional roller coaster definitely sums it up! It's the most stressful thing I've ever done in my life. When I hear my friends joking about going to London to meet their Prince Charming I say "DONT DO IT!!!" lol It's not that simple in the end and you have family in each country. You end up living a life in limbo and putting everything on hold.

#1492 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 05:19 AM

Thanks Paul O, I'm going to put every detail on my statement and be 100% honest with them I know I'm a good person but it's just portraying that in the correct way on paper, I'd much rather have a face to face interview tbh that way they can tell cause if you word something the wrong way it can come soon across is so many different ways

#1493 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 05:24 AM

Exactly Rach, Since my fiancé went back to Australia it feels like we have just hit a pause button and just waiting for everything to resume again.. I'm trying to stay positive but it's pretty hard at times I was so happy when I heard something back gives you a bit of hope, then you start questioning everything after that, are you doing things right and etc

#1494 Uhtred

Uhtred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Today, 05:26 AM

Whilst it's hard, honesty is the best policy. Be upfront and provide all relevant details.

Completely agree that character references from those in a professional role should help.

#1495 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 05:35 AM

Would a character reference have to have a stat dec attached aswell?

#1496 CannonHillChris

CannonHillChris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Today, 06:23 AM

Both good ideas. Also you should consider including your willingness to have either a telephone or attend an interview in person. It can only help to offer.

#1497 CannonHillChris

CannonHillChris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted Today, 06:25 AM

Would a character reference have to have a stat dec attached aswell?

I would do it as a stat Dec and include contact details for the referee.

#1498 StevenUK

StevenUK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted Today, 06:31 AM

Thanks cannonhillchris I'll put a stat dec with the reference and also a great idea about offering my willingness to a phone or face to face interview I'll be sure to put it at the end of my statement thanks again

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: patner visa pmv, pmv, partner

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users