work 457 visa

2 replies to this topic

#1 biancadrakos

biancadrakos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 March 2016 - 10:26 AM

Basically I'll manage a photography business. Already have a sponsor but we haven't started with the process yet. I can't find a job title that would suit me and my skills.

I graduated with a degree in Accounting. Experience in managing photography business is only 2.5 years. I'm thinking something with "manager" on the job title such as corporate general manager but it requires a degree related to that or at least 5 years exp. Any suggestion?

There's also a Photographer job on that list but I'm sure they need 5 years exp too? Can't really find info about it. 

Also is there a chance I'll be approved even if I'm deaf? Planning to take IELTS and get exempted from the listening test. I've read for the health requirement, aus immig can issue something to the business and the business would promise to shoulder any health cost that I would ever need. 

If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it thank you!!

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 01 May 2016 - 01:24 AM

You have hit the nail on the head.  Without a qualification and at least 5 years professional experience, you are not considered skilled.

However, in the creative areas, talent is a factor.  Your sponsor needs to propose that you possess such unique talent that he can not obtain onshore. Maybe a stretch.

Your a qualified accountant, and that is a skill in demand.  Maybe consider presenting yourself as an Accountant with x years managing whatever business.

At the end of the day of you have some one here that wants you, and will provide a real job then there is an agency with a pile of 457 visa's and will sponsor you.

Being deaf has no nearing on your application, but make sure it is stated up front.  In Australia we pride ourselves in ensuring that everyone has the same opportunity regardless of a (excuse me..) disability.  You being deaf is not your problem, IMMI must ensure that you have the same opportunity as anyone else.  Demand this.  

#3 biancadrakos

biancadrakos

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, AussieDude. So accounting could be a pathway, but there's still checking of qualification for that. I'm not an official CPA however. Also they might check if I'm really doing accounting work for the company?

I'm thinking we could apply for Labour Agreement? I use this software for the company and I know for sure not many Aussies have that skill. Thoughts? https://www.border.g...bour-agreements

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: work, 457, visa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users