mgiang

Pmv Or Partner Visa - Which One?

Hi everyone, 

I have just been browsing the site for hours trying to work out which is the best visa for my girlfriend. 

She is a Vietnamese girl and we have been together since December 2014. She is a flight attendant for EVA Airlines, a Taiwanese airline and that is how we met - when she was in Brisbane for work. Since then, she has been able to come to Australia almost every month through work and we never applied for any visa as we could see each other each month. Recently, she was unable to get flights to Brisbane so we applied for a tourist visa in which I provided support in the application eg, stat decs, letter of support etc.

The Tourist Visa is for 6 months and only has two conditions:

8101 - No work

8201 - Max 3 months study

We are thinking about the future and getting married etc. We are planning on having a wedding in early 2018 but thinking of signing for a marriage certificate in Australia later this year and then applying for a Partner Visa. That way, we can get the application underway and won't have to apply for another Tourist Visa when it expires in October this year. 

The only thing is, even though we sign to be legally married in Australia, she still needs to go back as she is required to work as that is her source of income and employment until the wedding in 2018. I know she will be granted a Bridging Visa if we apply for a Partner Visa but if she needs to leave - will questions be asked by the DIBP? Will they see this negatively? We just thought that hopefully, by the time the wedding comes around, the visa will be close to being granted so we wouldn't have to wait too long also. We will be applying on-shore and online if it makes any difference. 

Matt

If she is onshore, and her visa DOES NOT have a 8503 No Further Stay condition, and you have been a genuine couple for more than 12 months,,,,

Then apply or an onshore PMV.

She can apply for a temporary exit visa while on a BV.

Onshore takes longer to assess, but they are onshore....

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.