- - - - -

Visa For Widowed Mother (I'm The Only Child)

parent migration dependent

1 reply to this topic

#1 anshuman2707

anshuman2707

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:07 PM

Hi all,

I am presently in India and plan to move to Australia on PR (Skilled-Independent visa subclass 189). I plan to move to Australia with my mother and my wife. We have no kids. Searched a lot of threads but didn't find anyone with exact same scenario as me.

My mother's situation:
-71 years old
-widowed
-I am the only child
-she has always stayed with me
-she has mild hypertension (blood pressure) since 30 years, but regular medication keeps it under control. General health is good otherwise.
-dependent on us financially and emotionally

My queries:

- is it possible for me to include my mother as a dependent in my application?
- else, what other options are available (contributory (aged) parent or visitor? or any other? I don't want her to live alone in India for more than 1-2 months, in a worst case scenario.
- is there any quota for such visas?
-would her age or health (hypertension) be a deterrent for grant of visa?
-although my wife is financially independent and has her own job, do I need to include her a a dependent in my application? What is the visa route for her?
-what are the proof of funds I need to show in India for the visa application (considering this is for the three of us)

Income requirements should be met, as I expect to earn in the range of AUD 130-150K.

Ideally, I would want that my mother can travel together with my wife to Australia within 2-3 months of my landing, if not sooner. Apologies for the long post - but if my mother can't join us in Australia, we don't move to Australia : )

Regards,
A concerned son

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:18 PM

This would be a complex application, I would engage an agent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parent, migration, dependent

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users