Myself (Australian, sponsor) and fiance Tal (Israeli, applicant) have applied for our Prospective marriage visa and require some advice, please without judgement. Here is a overview of our situation.

Tal and I have been together since may 2015, we met in India and he subsequently came to Australia on a tourist visa to see if our relationship would work out (obviously it has).

Tal left a previous relationship in Finland in November 2014. He had resided there for the previous 2 years with his previous partner on what he thought was a de facto visa (turns out it was actually a marriage visa). Cut a long story short it was a very traumatic relationship and her mental health brought him to a really bad place, he left Finland and returned to Israel briefly before travelling in India where we met. Since then we have been in a loving committed relationship witnessed by both our friends and family. 

However, during applying for the visa process Tal decided he did not want to include anything about his residency in Finland, this caused many arguments which ended in a stalemate where I told him to do whatever he wanted, I didn't want to have a part in the lie but understood that it would be traumatic for him to go through all the details of Finland. Thus I went against my values of honesty and truth and allowed him to complete the visa with only mention of him being in a relationship with his ex (no mention of marriage or living in Finland).

So now we have received an email from our case officer notifying us that the department is aware of his marriage to his ex and living in finland. All divorce papers have been filled and the divorce is official as of 6/8/2016. So my question is where do we go from here? Is it enough to reply to our case officer expressing what we think is our compassionate and compelling circumstance? Should these statements be on a stat dec? What can we do to prove our honesty, show our commitment to eachother (already plenty of evidence in the visa application) and prove we are both, especially Tal, very remorseful and apologetic for our actions?

From now on we will be completely honest regarding all information to the department and ask for any advice anyone here can offer

Very Hard to answer this and I believe you will need a consult with a MARA agent. Sorry if I will seem blunt its not that I am not sympathetic I just don't believe in saying happy crappy. and saying it will work out.
Basically very delicate situation as to boil it down fraud has been committed regardless of the reason, for 2 aspects. 1) previous Visa's I imagine he made no mention of the Finnish visa and 2) Previous relationship's.

to say we will be honest from now on as you have caught us..... now doubt you can understand how it sounds.
I wish you all the best however for any real answer you will need to consult a professional as you will need to give them a full breakdown of your application, your evidence and where the contradictions are. If they aren't a MARA agent don't waste your money, may seem a tad costly but considering everything it is worth it. (I think a consult is 200 or so)

hi jesskindy

i m in same sitution false or misleasing information .they rasising serious concern about my credibility and they want comment on that in 28 days.what they asking u to reply .make sure u go to good mara lawyer can u able to email me on

jagjit.sandhu26@yahoo.com

thanks

Yes I am aware that it is fraud and we are unlikely to receive much understanding from the government. We did our application with a MARA agent, he was unaware of the extent of Tal relationship/visa in finland. I paid a remarkable amount of money for what seemed like a reasonable deal with a MARA agent specializing in partner visas however as soon as a payment was made I found him unreliable, tardy, rude and not at all thorough in guiding us through the process. Thus i'm feel a bit disheartened with lawyers and looking for a new MARA agent who can help.

I'm hoping that our officer will be compassionate and take into account the extent of his exes mental health problems and the powerful effect they had on Tal, therefore colouring the decisions he made with our PMV.