#1 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hi forum
A very quick background
I'm 50, sort of financially independant, have 3 sources of income (individually small but all equal enough to scrape by)
Met a very lovely lady (Jen) on Filapino Cupid (in June 2016) and decided to fly out and meet her at the begining of July 2016
We clicked in all the usual ways, met her parents (she has very traditional values), sisters and one of her two brothers (Policeman)
After 10 days together, we pretty well made a plan for her to visit in Australia as soon as I returned home and been in constant communication since so all is great
Issues:
Jen was a Nun for 10 years (hi Jen, she's reading this too), left 3 years ago and undertook a Dilpoma in Computer Science paid for by a Catholic benefactor (Priest friend). She has no work history, no bank account and lives on the benevolence of her sister (all live with their retired parents).
Here come the questions!
1) I am applying for a 600 Visa (tourist) for three months but really want to go for a longer period like six, is this wise?
2) Jen has little evidence of strong incentive to return to the Philippines and in all honesty, if we develop our relationship, I wouldn't want her to....given the only accurate option of 'Relationship to the applicant' is Fiance?
3) Do the documents requested refer to hers, mine or ours? eg do they want my passport or ours
4) is a Notary Public required?
5) Is the only document I need to attach, the Letter of invitation?
6) If all goes well, Jen gets a Visa and we are madly in love, can we apply for a partner Visa whilst she is here in Australia?
I hope i havent put anyone to sleep, any advice will be greatfully accepted
Bazza

#2 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:38 AM

Hi

I'll clear the decks a little then so the answers I'm looking for become clearer
Lets remove any notion of seeking a partnership visa at this stage, we dont meet these requirements (12 months together) given the short amount of time we have been together
1) We are applying for a 600 Visa (tourist) for three months but really want to go for a longer period like six, is this wise?
2) Is the only document I personally need to attach, the Letter of invitation?
I ask this because the requested documents don't specify who's bank statements, who's passport and who's birth certificate?
3) If all goes well, Jen gets a Visa and we are madly in love, can we apply for a bridging Visa or an extension on her time?

We have not submitted her application yet because I feel due to her not having a job to return to and no bank account, she will be seen as a high risk when the truth is Jen is not
Again thankyou for your help, you have halved my questions in one post!
Neil

#3 mariamercedes

mariamercedes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

Hi Bazza!

Happy to hear you met someone from the Philippines. 

I am a Filipina now living in SA, awaiting for the decision re: PV 820. I had a few visitors visa 600 granted within a 2-year period before I moved to SA. Will answer your questions based on my experience:

1) Stick with minimum 3mos visa. In fact, better to specify x number of days she will be in Australia with you. Do not push for 6 mos.

2) Yes, just letter of invitation with all your contact details. If you want to substantiate that you can afford to invite your girlfriend to Australia, you can attach proof of income (e.g. letter from employer, bank statements showing income flow). Remember the Visa Applicant is your Girlfriend - NOT you. So all the personal documents to be submitted are that of your girlfriend. Notary public for all documents which needs to be certified is a good idea. But it really depends on how she will lodge her visa application. If online, no need for notary as long as it is clear and in colour. If through VFS, only some documents need to be certified (i.e. bio page of passport & pages with stamps, NSO birth certificate, other government IDs)

3) No you can not apply for Bridging Visa on a tourist visa unless you lodge an application for another visa type (e.g. partner - which you do not meet the requirements for now). You may request for extension of her visitor's visa provided you give the department valid reasons to extend her stay. Remember visitor's visa is not meant for you to spend extended period of time with your loved ones. So your reasons should be sound (e.g. Do not cite 'because you have already rebooked her ticket').

All the best lovebirds

Maria  

#4 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Hi Maria,

Thanks so much for your advice, its exactly the information i am looking for

We will make good use of it

She's absolutely gorgeous, like all true Filipina's

Wish us luck, I'll update as we progress

Many thanks

Neil (Bazza)

#5 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:42 PM

Hi Maria

Just letting you know that Jen's Visitor Sub 600 visa was granted!!

She has 2 conditions,

8101 - NO WORK

8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

We lodged it on the 9th of August, said she wanted to fly on 27th August (which we have just booked now) and they gave us the good news on the 18th August...only 9 days later, that was quick!

Thankyou very much for your very helpful advice

Jen is asking if there is any paperwork required before she leaves?

Will she need to take her bank book to show Australian Immigration?

Neil and Jancy (Bazza and Jen)

• mariamercedes likes this

#6 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:13 AM

She should set u anAussie bankacoubt, CBA are pretty leniel

Myadvuce is that she lease australia i-on the exact date, no mucking aripoung,She alo s-does not try ny work whotsover black marjet, or oterwise. for cash, or find,, SHe can earn noney.  Amy money depsotred her account is fro gifts fro freiends helpinh her stay. Her bevgavir willvbevcloselys wathed,h

#7 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

Well a quick update

Jen is flying tomorrow and hopefully set foot in Australia on Sunday

Thanks for your advice AussieDude, she has no intention of doing anything illegal during her stay including work

Cheers

Bazza

#8 mariamercedes

mariamercedes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:30 AM

Bazza & Jen,

Well done! Sorry just read your post. Next time tag me or send me PM.

Both enjoying Oz? Hope everything went fine with exiting Ph & entering Oz

Take care

#9 Bazza

Bazza

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:55 PM

Hi Forum

OK, Jen and I applied for and were sucessful in obtaining an extension on her visa

Visitor (class FA), subclass 600, Tourist Visa

Her Visa conditions are,

8101 - NO WORK

8201 - MAXIMUM 3 MONTHS STUDY

Everything is going great between us and now want to get information about what our next options are

Jen would like to apply for a study course as a care giver

We also would like to apply for SP47 but need advice on this

Does Jen need to go back home, if so how long does she have to stay out of the country?

What options are available to us (Jen is 32 and no children)?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: filipino, visa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users