pmv 461 partner processing time

82 replies to this topic

#1 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 02:25 PM

Hi there. Just wondered if someone has recently applied 461 visa to Australia from New Zealand and how long was the processing time?

Thank you

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:22 PM

I am seeing about 4-8 weeks.  But it depends on the NZ Gov confirming the details (criminal and citizenship)  Plus there is a significant demand for the 461 since the recent changes.

#3 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:25 PM

Hi thanks. Iv been told they have only reached applications that were submitted end of February 16. I lodged mine mid july. They have also said it will take up to 6 months. Hence why wanted to gear from people who have actually lodged and when and if approved how much time it took? Thanks

#4 Irishgal

Irishgal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

Hey

Just wondering have you got your visa yet ?
Iv been waiting 8 weeks now still no case officer even 😢

#5 kpes11

kpes11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 02:18 PM

Hi, 

My application was accepted mid July as well, and just had an email today that it hasn't even reached a case officer yet. This is my second 461 visa and the first one was completed in a month back in 2011 so the wait is super frustrating! Anyone had issues with needing a medical exam? I didn't with my first...

thanks

#6 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 06:18 AM

Hi, still nothing. It is 11 weeks now approx. I emailed in September and was told they are still processing applications received in March 2016.  at this rate I am assuming they must be processing April 16 at the moment, which means we will be another 3 months + before we hear anything. 

#7 waynee

waynee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:46 AM

hi, i lodged my application for sub 461 @ AHC NEW DELHI as on june, medical and pcc already done, interview was conducted on 2 sep. still waiting for outcome

#8 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:22 AM

Still waiting for mine in Auckland ! Three months already. No sign of a case officer.

#9 waynee

waynee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 22 October 2016 - 06:48 PM

Still waiting for mine in Auckland ! Three months already. No sign of a case officer.

yeah AHC auckland seemz to busy for subclass 461 almost taking 6-8 months to visa grant

#10 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:46 AM

Hi guys! anyone heard back regarding 461 visa?

#11 NervousEd

NervousEd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:51 AM

I applied for my 461 in Auckland at the beginning of May and have still not heard anything - more than 6 months on!! Would be especially keen to hear from people who applied in April and whether they've made any progress? Thanks.

#12 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 08:54 AM

I received a reply today saying they are processing applications received in April. So you might hear something by end of December. I know its very frustrating

#13 kpes11

kpes11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:36 AM

I've applied through the Sydney office and was originally told 6-9 months from the date of application (July 2016) but three weeks ago I got an email saying they had reviewed my documentation and required a police certificate from Canada (I had submitted one with my last 461 application and had spent more than 2 months there cumulatively in the last 5 years). I managed to get the sorted in three weeks and as of this morning they have the certificate so fingers crossed its not much longer!! 

#14 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 10:40 AM

Wow! At least you have heard something..i am still in dark. Good luck with it though.

#15 jbai041

jbai041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for the discussion, guys.

Just wanted to share with you about our application status as well: my wife (Chinese citizen with NZ PR) submitted hers on 16/06/2016, still waiting and we are very frustrating.

Contacted them today and got told they are working on application submitted back in April.

I have complained on immigration Australia website already as their website stated if you submitted outside Australia, it would take 3 months - their information make people put up expectation and inconsistent with people's actual experience.

#16 jbai041

jbai041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:13 AM

We submitted her application in Auckland, NZ.

#17 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:21 AM

I agree! It says 3 months and i queried on it as well. They said that they endeavor to process 75pc application within that time frame (really?). Not consistent with the replies we have had. I don't understand why it's taking soo long. If that was the case then they should update their website and not give false hopes to people
  • jbai041 likes this

#18 jbai041

jbai041

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:03 PM

When did you submit yours?

You may want to submit your concern to your Australia Consulate office Visa contact email: immigration.auckland@dfat.gov.au

I have emailed them and express my frustration about the actual experience is inconsistent with what their official time frame is.

However the Australia NZ embassy website mentioned that the processing time is 3 months OR longer depending on number of application.

And we got a reply from immigration officer today saying that Auckland office processing time is up to 6 months. Then they should update their official website so people can adjust their expectation accordingly.

#19 NewPete

NewPete

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

Mid July. I have emailed but only get a standard reply. Looks like a copy and paste email. My frustration is at the same level as yours. Hopefully something gets done soon.

#20 waynee

waynee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 23 November 2016 - 11:16 PM

i got mah visa approved
dol 14 june ahc new delhi
interview 10 sep
visa aproved 5nov

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pmv, 461, partner, processing time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users