Jump to content

* * * * * 1 votes

Student Visa (Subclass 572)

study student 572

1 reply to this topic

#1 Marta13



  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:28 PM

Hey everyone,
I was wondering if any of you could help clear some things up for me.
I am a 20 year old female from Croatia and Im currently studying History and Philosophy( almost finished my first year).
Unfortunately i feel like thats not what im supposed to be studying and I really wanna change courses.
Ive been to Australia a month ago on a tourist visa just to visit a friend and her family and I feel in love with it. Ive been researching courses and I found a TAFE course in Tourism (certificate III) and i would really like to start studying there next year in July.
The friend I visited last month is moving to Sydney and Id be moving in with her to share expenses while studying.
What i wanna know is; what are my chances for a Visa? I understand its been really hard to get it lately.
What concerns me is that the course I wanna do isnt connected to my studies ( id probably quit UNI and just pursue a career in Tourism instead as its hard to get work with a bachleor in History and Philosophy), and I understand that could be a problem but since Id be doing a certificate III (later on a Diploma possibly) do you think Id have issues with getting the visa?
If anyone could offer any advice it'd be much appreciated, 
Thank you,

#2 Proxy Migration

Proxy Migration


  • Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:48 AM

Hi Marta 


The Department of Immigration and Border Protection will look at whether you genuinely intend to be in Australia temporarily (while you're studying) and then intend to go back to Croatia. Where a course of study is completely unrelated to previous studies or employment, the Department may become suspicious as to whether you are genuinely coming here to study (or if you are rather trying to move here permanently). 


When (and if) you apply for the visa make sure you explain why you are switching courses and demonstrate that you have done your homework (ie you can explain why the course would benefit your employment prospects in Croatia, that you have looked into the advantages of taking the course in Australia rather than Croatia etc). I think the fact that you are quite young and have only done one year of your current course could stand you in good stead.


Just remember you will need to enrol in the course before you can apply for the student visa.


Kind regards


Lisa Wulfsohn


Disclaimer: Please note this does not constitute migration advice. Migration laws and policies are subject to constant change and vary depending on your circumstances.If you wish to receive migration advice please email us for an appointment. 


Lisa Wulfsohn (LLB, BA, GDLP)
Principal Migration Agent (MARN 1467616)
Email: lisa@proxymigration.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook...roxymigration/



266 Victoria Street, North Melbourne.
Book a Skype or in-person consultation at www.proxymigration.com.au

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: study, student, 572

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users