6 replies to this topic

#1 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hi All - first of all, wishing you all the best with your visa applications, it is worth all the effort!

Looking for a best way to apply for my Partner's (soon to be husband) son to migrate to OZ.

My partner who is from Kenya, has been granted a PMV in April this year, he arrived in Oz at the beginning of July :-). We will be getting married at the end of December 2016, as per the 9 month condition, and once married immediately we will be applying for his temporary Partner Visa, onshore, as a next step towards his permanent Partner Visa.

We would also like to start the process of the visa application for his son from previous relationship who now is 12.  We have obtained a signed Form 1229 (Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years) from the child's mother, also the certified copy of her ID and other relevant documents. The child currently resides in Kenya and is in boarding school, being looked after my husband's relatives as the mother does not have any interest in the child. 

We are wondering which child visa application is the most appropriate in our case? My partner has included his son as a non-migrating applicant in his PMV application, can his son be added when applying for his temporary Partner Visa or does it need to be a separate application? 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - thank you!

#2 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 07:07 AM

Hi All - first of all, wishing you all the best with your visa applications, it is worth all the effort!

Looking for a best way to apply for my Partner's (soon to be husband) son to migrate to OZ.

My partner who is from Kenya, has been granted a PMV in April this year, he arrived in Oz at the beginning of July :-). We will be getting married at the end of December 2016, as per the 9 month condition, and once married immediately we will be applying for his temporary Partner Visa, onshore, as a next step towards his permanent Partner Visa.

We would also like to start the process of the visa application for his son from previous relationship who now is 12.  We have obtained a signed Form 1229 (Consent form to grant an Australian visa to a child under the age of 18 years) from the child's mother, also the certified copy of her ID and other relevant documents. The child currently resides in Kenya and is in boarding school, being looked after my husband's relatives as the mother does not have any interest in the child. 

We are wondering which child visa application is the most appropriate in our case? My partner has included his son as a non-migrating applicant in his PMV application, can his son be added when applying for his temporary Partner Visa or does it need to be a separate application? 

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated - thank you!

The best outcome would be to apply for a visitor visa for the child to come to Australia to visit his father for Christmas
Then keep him here and include him in the application for the partner visa. If the visitor visa is granted without an 8503 Condition this can be done easily since you have the 1229 form already. Make sure you have ID of the other parent to confirm the identity and the signature. Certified copy)

if you apply for the SC 820/801 (Combined application) onshore you can add him in anytime until the decision on the 801 visa HOWEVER the child needs to be in Australia to be included in the application for 820/801

If you do not do this then the application for Child visa can be made after your husband's permanent 801 visa is granted but not before

#3 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:06 AM

Paul O is spot on.   Remember to secure a letter of permission from the childs natural mother to travel, if she is alive, or in her place any other guardian.

#4 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:16 AM

Paul O is spot on.   Remember to secure a letter of permission from the childs natural mother to travel, if she is alive, or in her place any other guardian.

Hi AussieDude: Form 1229 is the form giving permission from the parents for the child to be granted a visa.

Must be signed and provided to Immigration before the visa can be granted

#5 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 02:57 PM

If you receive an email from williammbb or anyone else offering Passports, visas and other ID's do not engage in this.
Australian law allows Immigration and AFP to access meta data which is all emails, texts, phone calls, skype, whatsapp etc.

If it is not real it will not be listed in the immigration data base and you will be found with a fake document. This will cause you a lifetime of Grief.

The people offering this are Indian nationals cheating the system for their own benefit not yours

#6 Bizzy

Bizzy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 04:19 PM

Thanks so much Paul O for your reply. We do have both the Form 1229 and certified copy of the child mother's ID.

I have been doing more research and found more details regarding subclass 445 - Dependent Child Visa.

It appears that the child can apply for this visa once my partner has been granted a Temporary Partner Visa, but before a Permanent Partner Visa grant. A child can be either outside or in Australia at the time of application. Once the child has been grated visa subclass 445 he can then be added to my partner's application for Permanent Partner Visa. That's my understanding anyway.

Thanks again!

#7 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:33 AM

Thanks so much Paul O for your reply. We do have both the Form 1229 and certified copy of the child mother's ID.

I have been doing more research and found more details regarding subclass 445 - Dependent Child Visa.

It appears that the child can apply for this visa once my partner has been granted a Temporary Partner Visa, but before a Permanent Partner Visa grant. A child can be either outside or in Australia at the time of application. Once the child has been grated visa subclass 445 he can then be added to my partner's application for Permanent Partner Visa. That's my understanding anyway.

Thanks again!

correct.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: child, partner, pmv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users