* * * * * 1 votes

Partner Visa Questions/queries (Information Please).

partner visa marriage questions student australia uk information 820 help

4 replies to this topic

#1 thebubbles

thebubbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 11:04 PM

Hello Australian Visa Forum,

A bit of information about me and my partners situation. She came to the land down under in September on a Holiday Visa, we met, sparks flew and fell in love. She however had to go back home (UK) briefly but came back because of the love we had on a Working Holiday Visa in February 2016, I know, lucky me : - )

Since then we've been inseparable, moving in together (probably not legally but shh), we adopted two furry babies (cats) and have had an amazing time together since we first met. This was all in Brisbane by the way, as I am a university student studying music (not the best career prospects but what the hell, its what I'm passionate about, besides my partner of course)

Anyways in August during some random work and housemate difficulties we decided to go back up North to where I'm from in Cairns as we lived right in the city and had housemates move out on us, rent sky rocketed. A very short but crappy period but something good came out of it, I manned up and asked her to spend the rest of her life with me as husband and wife, she happily said yes, tears, the whole works.

Fast forward a few months to now, November 2016, we are currently living with family back at home, I'm working saving up for our next year in Brisbane (uni commences February) we decided while we are with family back in the beautiful tropics of Far North Queensland we should have our wedding up here around Christmas time, as its the time of family and celebration and we do not know when we will return to this tropical paradise.

Our wedding is all booked for December 22nd, a low key close friends and family type event, cute, simple and stress free like the Far North attitude. We decided to apply for our Partner Visa Subclass 820 (I think it is) in February before we make the trek down to Brisvegas once more. My partners Working Holiday Visa ends at the end of February as we could not find second year farm work in time (very difficult I might add).

As we have no clue what we are doing application wise we turned to the inter-webs and ended up here, so we have a few things we're not sure about and we'll be shooting them back and forth here with hopes some peoples out there who have been through or are currently in a similar situation can guide us young ones in the right direction.

Thank you for the read, I thought I'd put a bit of background information on us before I hit you guys with the questions, and here they are:

1. As I previously mentioned, I am a student, so on student allowance... not exactly scoring financially but we manage, will this be an issue (i will be surprised if its not). However I recently read somewhere that you can have a third sponsor who can step in and be the acting 'benefit system' for my partner so hat the government wouldn't be giving her money in hardship. Is this true or is this just falls hope?

2. So apparently its going to take up to two years for them to make a decision about our partner visa, and we've heard noises that she wont be allowed to leave till they come to a decision (understandably the majority of her friends and family from the UK are unable to make the wedding so we planned on having a second party for them). Does this mean we are going to have to wait two years in order to have this wedding party? However have heard of talk of a bridging visa B... is that hard to get?

3. I managed to pick a partner with just as bad career choices as myself.. my partner has ambitions of training to be a tattoo artist however according to friends in the industry she has to have a Queensland certificate allowing her to study. She has to be a resident or a citizen to be eligible, I guessing I am write in saying she will have to wait till after we have been granted the visa in order for her to become a resident??

Thank you for your time and attention kind people of the inter-webs, highly looking forward to hearing back some answers and if you can't get enough of answering our questions, believe me there will be more.

Cheers,
The Bubbles

#2 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 06:58 AM

Hello Australian Visa Forum,

A bit of information about me and my partners situation. She came to the land down under in September on a Holiday Visa, we met, sparks flew and fell in love. She however had to go back home (UK) briefly but came back because of the love we had on a Working Holiday Visa in February 2016, I know, lucky me : - )

Since then we've been inseparable, moving in together (probably not legally but shh), we adopted two furry babies (cats) and have had an amazing time together since we first met. This was all in Brisbane by the way, as I am a university student studying music (not the best career prospects but what the hell, its what I'm passionate about, besides my partner of course)

Anyways in August during some random work and housemate difficulties we decided to go back up North to where I'm from in Cairns as we lived right in the city and had housemates move out on us, rent sky rocketed. A very short but crappy period but something good came out of it, I manned up and asked her to spend the rest of her life with me as husband and wife, she happily said yes, tears, the whole works.

Fast forward a few months to now, November 2016, we are currently living with family back at home, I'm working saving up for our next year in Brisbane (uni commences February) we decided while we are with family back in the beautiful tropics of Far North Queensland we should have our wedding up here around Christmas time, as its the time of family and celebration and we do not know when we will return to this tropical paradise.

Our wedding is all booked for December 22nd, a low key close friends and family type event, cute, simple and stress free like the Far North attitude. We decided to apply for our Partner Visa Subclass 820 (I think it is) in February before we make the trek down to Brisvegas once more. My partners Working Holiday Visa ends at the end of February as we could not find second year farm work in time (very difficult I might add).

As we have no clue what we are doing application wise we turned to the inter-webs and ended up here, so we have a few things we're not sure about and we'll be shooting them back and forth here with hopes some peoples out there who have been through or are currently in a similar situation can guide us young ones in the right direction.

Thank you for the read, I thought I'd put a bit of background information on us before I hit you guys with the questions, and here they are:

1. As I previously mentioned, I am a student, so on student allowance... not exactly scoring financially but we manage, will this be an issue (i will be surprised if its not). However I recently read somewhere that you can have a third sponsor who can step in and be the acting 'benefit system' for my partner so hat the government wouldn't be giving her money in hardship. Is this true or is this just falls hope?

2. So apparently its going to take up to two years for them to make a decision about our partner visa, and we've heard noises that she wont be allowed to leave till they come to a decision (understandably the majority of her friends and family from the UK are unable to make the wedding so we planned on having a second party for them). Does this mean we are going to have to wait two years in order to have this wedding party? However have heard of talk of a bridging visa B... is that hard to get?

3. I managed to pick a partner with just as bad career choices as myself.. my partner has ambitions of training to be a tattoo artist however according to friends in the industry she has to have a Queensland certificate allowing her to study. She has to be a resident or a citizen to be eligible, I guessing I am write in saying she will have to wait till after we have been granted the visa in order for her to become a resident??

Thank you for your time and attention kind people of the inter-webs, highly looking forward to hearing back some answers and if you can't get enough of answering our questions, believe me there will be more.

Cheers,
The Bubbles

1. Being a student will not affect the application at the moment but Immigration is seeking to include an income test for the future (it was there a few years ago) so the sooner the application goes in the better

- New visa fees were expected in July but the election and the caretaker mode of the Government did not allow this to happen so it is likely any increases will come in on January 1 2017

2. Onshore visas are taking up to 2 years to process. She can apply for a BVB to travel back to UK while she is on the Bridging A visa. The Bridging A visa comes with the application and becomes active once the stay period expires on her current visa

3. Study is allowed on both Working holiday visas and the Bridging Visa A (BVA has no conditions) so she can study, work,live, and is eligible for medicare but we do have a reciprocal arrangement with the UK for health cover. 

You will find what you need about the Tattoo licence at the following website https://www.qld.gov....be-a-tattooist/

• DaveKavo likes this

#3 thebubbles

thebubbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 November 2016 - 10:14 PM

Thank you so much Paul O, you have helped put our stressed minds at ease!

Cheers,
The Bubbles

#4 Lisa030

Lisa030

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 08:05 PM

Hello,
Can I apply for a tourist visa once We lodged SC 300??
Thank you in advance

#5 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:50 AM

Hello,
Can I apply for a tourist visa once We lodged SC 300??
Thank you in advance

Hi LIsa030

Yes you can apply for tourist (Visitor Visa) after the sc 300 has been submitted. The reason is to spend time with your fiance while waiting for the visa grant. Of course you need to exit Australia for the grant so you meet the GTE requirement there.

Lodgement is after the submission of the sc 300

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner, visa, marriage, questions, student, australia, uk, information, 820, help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users