Jump to content

- - - - -

Extension Of Stay

3 replies to this topic

#1 Banjo



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 11:43 PM

If someone has a one year extension of stay based on marriage to a Thai national, is this the same as a marriage visa?

If not can it be converted to a marriage visa?

#2 Proxy Migration

Proxy Migration


  • Sponsors
  • PipPipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 01:40 PM

Hi Banjo


Could you please provide more information. Are you an Australian citizen married to a Thai national who is on a visitor visa?


Kind regards



Posted Image

Lisa Wulfsohn (LLB, BA, GDLP)
Principal Migration Agent (MARN 1467616)
Email: lisa@proxymigration.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook...roxymigration/

266 Victoria Street, North Melbourne.
Book a Skype or in-person consultation at www.proxymigration.com.au

#3 AussieDude



  • Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 12 February 2017 - 01:53 PM

So you have a Tourist Visa that has been extended by 12 months I suspect.  This is not a marriage visa.


Marriage visa's need proof of finances etc, and are perpetual, allowing upto 12 months in any one stay

#4 Banjo



  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

No, it's not a marriage visa, or a tourist visa, it's an extension of stay to visit wife.

You still do all the finances etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users