I am a Hong Kong citizen. I have re-applied for the Working Holiday Visa last year. But I declared that I have convicted of a crime before.

The sentence is a Probation Order, which had been completely served. I have never been imprisoned or detained. The conviction has become spent under law, and I have never been convicted of any other criminal offences afterwards. I have one conviction only. This is not a substantial criminal record.

I have already prepared a letter explaining the happening of criminal offence and how to behave very well forever. I have promised that I will always obey the law and order, and never commit any other criminal and illegal activities in the world forever.

My WHV application has been forwarded to Visa Applicant Character Consideration Unit for further processing. Few days ago, I received an email from VACCU, with a Notice of Intention to Consider Refusal under s501 of Migration Act 1958. They say that I may not pass the Character Test because I will be likely to commit crimes while I am allowed to enter into Australia in the future. Of course, I WILL NOT. I have claimed and promised before.

I am allowed to explain to the government why the visa should not be refused. It is very challenging for me to do this right now. I am very worried that my visa application will be refused if I cannot convince the govt very well. If my visa is refused, I have no hope to enter into Australia and I must re-apply WHV again, which would waste my money and time.

I am in a very dangerous situation as my visa application can be refused, unless I can convince the govt that I have fully rehabilitated and will behave very well forever.

I want to ask some questions:
1. How to increase the chances of the visa being approved, Even though I received a Notice of Intention to Consider Refusal?
2. I have admitted all my mistakes and explained how I have behaved very well since the day of arrest. Do you think I have explained not enough?
3. Is it possible for me to contact some volunteer organizations that I will do some volunteer services when I arrive at Australia? In order to obtain a character support letter from the organization.
4. Do any people with conviction share their successful stories in obtaining any Australian Visas (incl. WHV, work visa and student visa)?
5. If my WHV is rejected because I fail the Character test, can I re-apply the WHV again later? Will I get banned to apply for all visas forever?

I must be successful in obtaining WHV immediately. I will lose any chances to visit and work in Australia as I am reaching near the max age limit of 30 very soon. I don't want to return to my home country too late as I also need to find a suitable job to support my family members and I. Also, the visa refusal can make me even more difficult to obtain another Australian visa in the future, even ETA and Tourist Visa.

I don't disclose my conviction information here. If you want to know, please feel free to ask for my Whatsapp, Wechat or Facebook Messenger and I am happy to explain all in detail.

Finally, I have no money to appoint for any migration agents. PLEASE DON'T PROMOTE ANY MIGRATION AGENT SERVICES TO ME. THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by LoveDubaiDoha5952

You are correct, on the surface you do not have a SUBSTANTIAL criminal record.  However, I suspect that VACCU are concerned about the actual nature of the offence, as you are clearly OK regarding the less than 12 month detention clause.

To preserve your privacy, please IM me with details of the offence.  I suspect that the actual circumstances is the cause of their otherwise odd reaction.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

You are correct, on the surface you do not have a SUBSTANTIAL criminal record.  However, I suspect that VACCU are concerned about the actual nature of the offence, as you are clearly OK regarding the less than 12 month detention clause.

To preserve your privacy, please IM me with details of the offence.  I suspect that the actual circumstances is the cause of their otherwise odd reaction.

I don't want to appoint for any migration agents. Are you sure you are not a migration agents?

LoveDubaiDoha5952 - What was the outcome of your situation if you don't mind me asking?

I am in the same situation with my own application also.

Thank you

I have withdrawn the visa application but have recently re-applied again two weeks ago. I have no response in this new application so far. How about your visa application?

On 5/12/2017 at 8:42 PM, LoveDubaiDoha5952 said:

I don't want to appoint for any migration agents. Are you sure you are not a migration agents?

No I am not a migration agent, nor have I ever claimed I was.  I do believe in some circumstances, and with complex applications Qualified Agents can be very helpful.  I always recommend the use of a MARA agent (any MARA agent) as your assured they are legitimate.  I have never nor will ever, endorse or recommend a specific agent.

I offered to chat further in IM, as I explained, the nature of the offence is a major factor.  Sex crimes, domestic violence, or general assault crimes are taken far more seriously, as opposed to say fraud or theft.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.