partner visa immediate family

5 replies to this topic

#1 jackohorse

jackohorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

My partner grew up in an orphanage in Singapore, mother deceased and father/brother estranged.  

Can we omit the father/brother from our 47SP submission as their birth dates are unknown and the online submission does not allow us to continue without a birth date.

#2 jackohorse

jackohorse

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 01:24 PM

I have been advised to provide a stat dec detailing the reasons why immediate family members were omitted from the submission and attempts we have made to acquire the missing information.

Hope this information can be helpful to someone else in future.

#3 Jaus

Jaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 07:47 PM

I have same question. M going to apply for partner visa but one of my husbands sisters date of birth unknown as they are estranged now and no longer in contact. He provided his family details when he migrated to australia 10 years back but does not have copy of record.

Now i am confused what to do about it? Should i just put any dob or it shud be same as my sponsor put it in his visa application 10 years bavk?

Thanks

#4 diki85

diki85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 08:17 PM

I have same question. M going to apply for partner visa but one of my husbands sisters date of birth unknown as they are estranged now and no longer in contact. He provided his family details when he migrated to australia 10 years back but does not have copy of record.

Now i am confused what to do about it? Should i just put any dob or it shud be same as my sponsor put it in his visa application 10 years bavk?

Thanks

It doesn't really matter. He can do a stat declaration stating you guys don't have the dob. An other thing you can do is ask immi for his 10 years back documents.

#5 Jaus

Jaus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 10:12 PM

It doesn't really matter. He can do a stat declaration stating you guys don't have the dob. An other thing you can do is ask immi for his 10 years back documents.

Thanks for the reply. So shud he give a call to immi and request a copy of his application?

#6 diki85

diki85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 10:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. So shud he give a call to immi and request a copy of his application?

Give a call the immigration and they might ask you to fill a form, so that they can release the info to him

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner, visa, immediate family

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users