2 replies to this topic

#1 naenae

naenae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:01 PM

Hello there

I lodged my visa on 5 October 2016 and only supplied Australian police clearance. I am an Indonesian citizen with an Indonesian passport, and have been living in Australia since 2008 (I was 17 years of age, I arrived some time in February, it was 8 years ago I can't remember). The police certificate requirements states -

You will need to provide a police clearance from each country you have lived in for 12 months or more during the past 10 years after you turned 16 years of age

I was in Indonesia when I was 16. Turned 17 in January 2008, moved to Australia February 2008. Forgive me for the silly question, but I'm guessing I will not be required to have an Indonesian police clearance?

I look forward to hearing from any of you!

Thanks heaps.

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:03 PM

Technically, you need to provide one.  Its laughable.

I would do this.  Do not provide an INDO PCC, but include a letter of explanation exactly as you have stated above.

If the officer has a brain fart and sticks to the book, he will write back and request a INDO PCC.

#3 AussieDude

AussieDude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 23 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

Just a point.  What Visa are you applying for? and how are you staying in Australia Legally at present?

You may have a problem.. please IM me directly with the answer.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 461 visa, nz family, police clearance, character requirement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users