london uk u.k. england

94 replies to this topic

#81 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

Rach, thanks for your reply. That has me very hopeful!

I'm wondering whether the fact that they would see a record of his ETA visa for the last 9 years helps.

Hubby's medical isn't until 17/3 so we will see what happens after that. The rest of our evidence is already uploaded but we haven't done a police clearance yet because it hasn't been requested. Should we be proactive and get it done now?

Thanks to all for reading.

#82 asajoseph

asajoseph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:44 AM

So, I've just started this process - submitted the first application for my visa a week ago. We aren't planning on moving for a while, and we were told it takes 10-14 months when I spoke to them over the phone, so I'm a little surprised to see people here achieve theirs in 3-4 months?

A few questions therefore:

• Does anyone know how long you have to enter the country once the visa is approved? The material suggests it's within a fixed timeframe, but is a bit vague as to how long that is. I'm now worried that I might have to make an extra trip to Aus if my visa is approved way before I actually need it.
  • Since submitting the application & paying the fee, I've been attaching documents all week. I started off with all the basic stuff (certified passports, birth certificates etc, plus booked in on the medical & criminal checks), but all the extra evidence (things like photographs etc), I'm still going through. I've sent them pictures of us at weddings etc, as well as travelling together over the last few years (pictures embedded in word documents), but was going to just keep attaching material until I think I've covered pretty much all my bases. Despite the fact my wife & I have been married for 2.5 years, with 1 child who'll have Australian citizenship by descent, I wanted to make sure that they have as much evidence as possible. Sounds, from reading here, that might not be such a good idea, and it's better to keep things at a minimum until you have a CO? Presumably when you have a CO, they will ask you if they want more information?
  • In a similar vein to the above - is there a deadline as to when you can keep attaching documents to your application?
  • Does everyone get called in for an interview, or is it just certain cases?

Anyway, I'll keep reading as this thread gets updated.

#83 kaydee

kaydee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:02 AM

I just got an email from my case officer requesting more documents.

I lodged my application by the end of November, so they got in touch with me in less than 4 months!

#84 asajoseph

asajoseph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:28 AM

What sort of extra documents are they asking for?

#85 kaydee

kaydee

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 06:37 AM

They asked my to provide my and my fiance's police checks, letter from marriage celebrant and my medical checks.

I emailed them back asking to extend deadline for medics, as Im travelling to Australia soon, so they extended it to 31st of May.

I also wanted to ask, once my visa gets granted, how much time do I have to enter Australia?

#86 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:08 AM

Just wondering out loud and seeing if anyone knows the answer...

We booked our flights to Australia 4 days after submitting the partner visa application as I'm starting my job on June 5 and hubby will go in a 600 visa if necessary. Then we got the request for the medical.

My husband has a current evisitor visa. Do you think booking the flights may have flagged something to the embassy so that's what triggered the early request for a medical?

I know it's not worked for others this way but with 9 years of evisitor renewals, perhaps my husband is being considered differently? Just speculating but I guess I might know more after his medical is completed.

#87 Rach

Rach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:13 AM

We did medicals back in Jan and were asked for one more piece of evidence at the start of feb which we submitted within a week and now playing the waiting game again.

#88 JasmineC

JasmineC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:54 PM

They asked my to provide my and my fiance's police checks, letter from marriage celebrant and my medical checks.

I emailed them back asking to extend deadline for medics, as Im travelling to Australia soon, so they extended it to 31st of May.

I also wanted to ask, once my visa gets granted, how much time do I have to enter Australia?

We were told once my husband's visa is approved, he has 12 months from the date of his medicals/police check to enter Australia and activate the visa.

#89 mlr182

mlr182

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:47 PM

Hello,

My husband and I have just recently applied for his visa. We submitted our application on the 12th March, I'm an Aussie Citizen, we both live in London. We have been married just over 3 years.

Hoping, like most of you, that it won't take as long as specified, the time frame for Partner Visa has gone up to 11 to 15 months. Last time I checked it was 9 - 12 months. Anyway, fingers crossed.

We are still uploading our documents and just double and triple checking everything is in order. So following this post to see how everyone gets on and processing times etc. We are hoping to make the big move in February 2018.

Good luck all!

#90 sssara

sssara

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Hello,

My husband and I have just recently applied for his visa. We submitted our application on the 12th March, I'm an Aussie Citizen, we both live in London. We have been married just over 3 years.

Hoping, like most of you, that it won't take as long as specified, the time frame for Partner Visa has gone up to 11 to 15 months. Last time I checked it was 9 - 12 months. Anyway, fingers crossed.

We are still uploading our documents and just double and triple checking everything is in order. So following this post to see how everyone gets on and processing times etc. We are hoping to make the big move in February 2018.

Good luck all!

We applied for ours end of Jan and hoping to move Feb 2018 too... fingers crossed we both get them in time!! 

#91 asajoseph

asajoseph

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:09 AM

Quick one - I applied for my Partner Visa 3 weeks ago, and in 3 weeks' time we're visiting Aus for a month. I assume I need to tell them I'm visiting - even though my partner Visa is unlikely to come through in the time I'm over there?

If so, how do I inform them?

#92 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:24 AM

Hi asajoseph. I assume you're going in on an evisitor visa? If so, there's nothing you need to do. They will know you have the visa. They probably even know you have flights booked.

If you do feel the need to tell them,you can into your immi account and add an update in your application.

Enjoy your visit!

#93 bonnieandlee2016

bonnieandlee2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi Guys,  This is a really great thread - Just thought id put my case in here as more info for everyone is always helpful.  My husband is British and I am Australian, we've only been married a year, he lived in Australia on a working holiday visa the year we got married, we are now back in the UK to apply for the 309/100 visa. 

Submitted application on Jan 15th

Got a case officer on 20th Feb (only found out because I called and asked)

First contact from CO on 10th of March requesting medicals and Police checks

Medical done 15th March (A Grade)

Still waiting on Australian and UK police checks to arrive in the post...

So that's where we are at!  I hope this is helpful timeline wise.

Does anyone know a general waiting time after medical is done?  I have just found out I'm 2 months Pregnant and we are desperately hoping to be back in Australia by Christmas.  I have let them know that we are having a baby but I don't think it makes any difference at all!

Thanks Guys!  Good luck to all of us!

#94 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:43 PM

Bonnie, thanks for posting your timings. It's helpful to know how long it's taking other people.

Let's hope your husband's visa comes through once your police checks are in.

And congrats on the pregnancy! I'm sure you'll be back in Oz in time to have the baby.

#95 bonnieandlee2016

bonnieandlee2016

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 March 2017 - 06:56 PM

thankyou @Jen56johns.  fingers crossed it will come through soonish - little bit worried as I see that the wait time might've just gone up(?) but I'm pretty sure its just a completely different story for everyone!  I'm just hangin' out for a bit of sunshine in my life!!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: london, uk, u.k., england

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users