158 replies to this topic

#141 Ryanhughes89

Ryanhughes89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 03:21 PM

Hi,

I supplied an Australian police check as this was specifically requested and a UK one as this was the only place she has lived for over 12 months.

If you need any further help just ask,

Ryan

Hi there,

Did your wife also submitted her police checks? I got different answer across this forum and I don't have a clear idea. I'm Spanish and my wife from 6 years is Australian. It could take a while to collect police certificates so it would be handy to know if she will need or not.

Any idea? What happened for you guys? On the website it says that they "might" ask if you have kids together, which we don't.

Thanks in advance for your time and help. And thanks to any other user who could help with this.

Cheers,

#142 JLL

JLL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

Hi,

I supplied an Australian police check as this was specifically requested and a UK one as this was the only place she has lived for over 12 months.

If you need any further help just ask,

Ryan

Hi again,

Thanks for your quick reply. Can I ask you, do you have any children? Someone told me that sometimes they ask for the sponsor's police checks when kids are involved.

Also, what kind of medical check did you get. I wonder if I can get mine in advance. Where did you go? or what is it called?

Many thanks

• Ryanhughes89 likes this

#143 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 08:41 PM

Hi guys, some answers to your questions from someone who got their visa granted 5.5 weeks after submission.

You can get your medical done within a couple of days of submission. You'll get a notification at immi and a form to complete that you'll need to take to your appointment. There are only a few places in the UK you can get them done including London. There's information on the immigration page and it costs about £300 I seem to recall. This is the same for everyone or you can wait until your case officer to request it, but we did it upfront and it worked well for us.

I'm Australian and my husband is British. He just needed the UK police clearance, but I had to get both the Australian and UK as I had lived in the UK for the previous 13 years. It doesn't matter whether you have kids or not, they changed the rules late last year and now the sponsor needs them too. Again you can wait or front load.

We frontloaded and got the visa granted within days of submitting the last police check.

Good luck!

#144 JLL

JLL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 05:44 PM

Hi guys, some answers to your questions from someone who got their visa granted 5.5 weeks after submission.

You can get your medical done within a couple of days of submission. You'll get a notification at immi and a form to complete that you'll need to take to your appointment. There are only a few places in the UK you can get them done including London. There's information on the immigration page and it costs about £300 I seem to recall. This is the same for everyone or you can wait until your case officer to request it, but we did it upfront and it worked well for us.

I'm Australian and my husband is British. He just needed the UK police clearance, but I had to get both the Australian and UK as I had lived in the UK for the previous 13 years. It doesn't matter whether you have kids or not, they changed the rules late last year and now the sponsor needs them too. Again you can wait or front load.

We frontloaded and got the visa granted within days of submitting the last police check.

Good luck!

Hi Jen,

Did the sponsor also had to submit medical checks?

Many thanks

#145 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

No, only the applicant needs a medical check. Have you submitted your application yet?

#146 JLL

JLL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:06 PM

Hi

No, I haven't. I was waiting to collect my Police Certificates. I have lived in Spain, Mexico and UK and my wife in Australia, US, Mexico and UK. That might explain why so many questions about the police records, it will take me some time to collect and translate the Spanish and Mexican. I hope to apply sometime late September, early October.

Thanks again

#147 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'd advise you not to wait for your certificates before you submit your application. Do it now. You have plenty of time to add evidence as you go on. We submitted then added the stat decs we were waiting for days/weeks later. I didn't add my police certs until a month after submitting as I wasn't initially aware I needed them.

The date starts from the time you submit and they will wait for any evidence they requested and then action pretty quickly once you submit them. For example, I got a call saying they were ready to issue the grant but just needed a copy of my British naturalisation cert. So I uploaded it and half an hour later we got the grant.

Of course, you might not be in a hurry for the visa, but you've nothing to gain by waiting to get the police certificates before submitting.

#148 JLL

JLL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:16 PM

Fair enough, I will definitely think about it

thanks

#149 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 06:45 PM

and police checks are only valid for 12 months as with the medical so best to apply now.

#150 JLL

JLL

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 06:14 PM

and police checks are only valid for 12 months as with the medical so best to apply now.

thanks

#151 Dave3519

Dave3519

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 10:07 PM

Good luck!

Hi Jen

I have just picked up this thread. Congrats on the award. 

I went the route of front loading all documents so that my application was complete. I received an email from my case officer two weeks ago requesting an AFP clearance for my partner which we submitted last week.

I applied for a spousal visa 309 on the 9 April 2017 and this is the first form of communication from DIBP.  I hold both  British and South African citizenships, but due to my primary residence being South Africa, I had to apply via the local Australian embassy in Pretoria. From my understanding, South Africa is a high-risk country, which supposedly increases the amount time required to vet each applicant. I am hoping my British citizenship will also be taken into consideration and possibly expedite the process.

You mention in your comment detailed above that the case officer requested more information and once received they awarded the visa. I think the final award or the time it takes to award post submission of outstanding paper work is also dependent on the type of information requested as they may do checks and balances, especially in the case of police clearance.

I am hoping that I am close to the end, let's see what happens over the next couple of weeks.

cheers

Dave

#152 thealex

thealex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:06 AM

Visa application submitted: 13th August!

Started submitted documents as well earlier and neither of us are working tomorrow so we hope to do as much as possible tomorrow.

Feels kind of weird now it is done! No going back now haha

#153 Rach

Rach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:06 PM

We have just woken to an email from our case officer stating our visa is ready to be granted but she needs confirmation that we can enter Aus by the end of September (police checks run out). I tried calling straight back but lines are not open until 1 ahhhhhhh This will be the longest 2 hours wait ever!! Almost 1 year to the day since applying

#154 Ryanhughes89

Ryanhughes89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:15 PM

I bet you are over the moon. Are you able to leave in that short a time frame. Word of warning, if it is the line to the European service centre (I'm guessing so with the 1pm opening time) then I wasn't able to speak to my case worker. All I was able to do was get them to leave a note on my file for my case worker.

Ryan

#155 Jen56johns

Jen56johns

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:29 PM

We have just woken to an email from our case officer stating our visa is ready to be granted but she needs confirmation that we can enter Aus by the end of September (police checks run out). I tried calling straight back but lines are not open until 1 ahhhhhhh This will be the longest 2 hours wait ever!! Almost 1 year to the day since applying

Rach, reply to the message via immi and they will see it. Hope it all gets sorted!

#156 Rach

Rach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

Thanks guys! I was wondering how else I could contact them. I replied to her email but not sure if it excepts replies (like most don't). My account as sponsor now says approved but not my partners. So his refusing to believe it until it changes lol

Funnily enough Ryanhughes89 we terminated our lease just in case and moved in with my partners parents last night so we could leave quickly. It may all work out in the end?

#157 Ryanhughes89

Ryanhughes89

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:48 PM

What's the chances of that! My caseworker got me to email some documents to: familymigrationlondon@dfat.gov.au as he said he would get to see them quicker there than if I uploaded via the immi account. May be worth trying to contact them through that. We've got to be out of our apartment by next Tuesday, so much to do before we fly next Friday!!

#158 Rach

Rach

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 08:50 PM

Fingers crossed for you! This was the first we had heard from her since Feb when she requested more character evidence.

#159 marshallc_123

marshallc_123

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 August 2017 - 11:16 PM

Hi Guys,

If anyone is feeling very overwhelmed like I was, in your shoes then please stop by my blog.

http://www.partnervisasos.com I tried to create a page to give advice as I wish I had this when applying. 

I am here to help as much as I can. My partner got his visa in 6weeks...it is easy, just follow my simple tips.

GOOD LUCK!!

Thanks

Cayli

PARTNER VISA SOS

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: london, uk, u.k., england

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users