9 replies to this topic

#1 Gary22

Gary22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Hello all,

I have been living in Australia for the last 5 years. My 457 working holiday visa has just expired on the 3rd of January 2017 while I'm on a holiday in the U.K. My partner visa which is being processed, The bridging class A part of this visa would be in play if I had not left Australia. But as I have left it has now been ceased and I need to now apply for a 1005 to re enter the country. I also applied for a 1004 bridging visa on the 26th of December. Which was not granted as I had left Australia before it was processed. (Very confusing)

My issue is that I have uploaded the 1005 form to my immi account, via the attachment section of the application. but I'm not sure I've uploaded it to the correct section and hey will receive it/process it.

I hope someone can give me some advice on where to send my 1005 form. I plan to return to Australia on the 27th of January.

Thank you for any help.

Gary

#2 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:47 AM

You can only apply for a bridging visa from within Australia, so first you will need to apply for a visitor visa to get back in then apply for another BVA

#3 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:55 AM

I suggest you go to the dibp site do a search on bridging visas and after you go to b select via applicants and when to apply. Might clear a few things up for you, ie you need to apply not lies than 2 weeks before intended travel and it needs to be approved before you travel otherwise you need to enter the country on another substantive visa with no guarantee that you would be granted a visa.
From the UK though I would be surprised if there is a issue with a eta

#4 Gary22

Gary22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:05 AM

Thanks for your replies.

I've been given advice of which visas I have to apply for.

The 1005 visa lets me return back into australia. Then when I get back to aus I reactivate the bridging visa A from my partner visa. I know what I have to do.

My issue is where I send the 1005 visa or upload it on my immi account online.

Thanks guys

#5 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:12 PM

But that's a bridging visa which you can't apply for off-shore......

#6 Gary22

Gary22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:00 PM

Why would they tell me to apply for something that I can't apply for offshore...so frustrating. I plan to call the Australian office in London today to get advice. I read that applying for a visitor visa may get rejected.

I should never have left Australia for this holiday...

#7 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:54 PM

They aren't qualified to give advise to be honest and often provide incorrect information. It might but it's your best bet. From my understanding the ETA doesn't cost much so worth the try.
If you do call them just tell them you were told that by them and you are checking where to provide the information.

#8 Gary22

Gary22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 03:06 AM

So the only visa I can apply for to let me into the country is an eVisitor visa. But this visa doesn't allow me to reinstate my bridging visa to stay and work while we wait for my partner visa to be approved.

Thank you for all your help.

#9 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:14 AM

Once you are in Australia on a valid visa you can then apply to get the bridging visa reinstated which will kick in at the end of you TV so full work rights again.
Can you do a 3 month ETA? Sorry never had access to them so not that sue on them, just that they are easier and quicker than a 600.
If not then try for a 600 for the 3 months.

#10 Gary22

Gary22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:39 AM

I have applied for the 3 month visitor visa. But there's a chance they might not let me past customs. So hope that get approved and then I pray I get past customs.

Thank you for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users