192 replies to this topic

#181 rob123

rob123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:46 PM

No need for me to ask those questions anymore thanks got our grant on 4 th of September thank you very happy now will be going next week to pick up my fiancé and our son
  • Keyk likes this

#182 Keyk

Keyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 01:58 PM

Wow! Congrats! When did you lodge your application?

No need for me to ask those questions anymore thanks got our grant on 4 th of September thank you very happy now will be going next week to pick up my fiancé and our son

• rob123 likes this

#183 rob123

rob123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thank you was 4th of January put aplication in was feb or March Medicals done approved on 4th of September I'll pick them up next week should have been easy for them to see I love my fiancé and son every chance I got I went there and looking forward for our family to be together
  • rob123 likes this

#184 thealex

thealex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:02 PM

Congrats!! 

I hate this waiting game! But can't complain - we've only been waiting a month!

#185 rob123

rob123

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 05:34 PM

Thank you yes it's hard but when you service the long distance only makes relationship stronger good luck

#186 Skeety62

Skeety62

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 07:34 PM

I'm an Oz citizen in the UK, applied for de facto visa mid June 2017,not heard anything at all yet. This waiting is a killer.

#187 Dave3519

Dave3519

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 02:27 AM

I am still baffled as to why I would receive a request for further information on the 28th July 2017, thereafter honour the request in a timely fashion(specified time frame of 28 days),and then when I email the DIBP Pretoria, South Africa office requesting an update they turn around and say a case officer has not been assigned as yet and my application will be processed within the global processing times.

Surely, someone had to have opened and assessed my file to determine what was needed/missing? Mind boggling.

visa: 309

DOL: 9 April 2017

RFI: 28 July 2017

• Keyk likes this

#188 Keyk

Keyk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:35 PM

Hi Dave, the name of the case officer is stated at the bottom of the letter requesting for further info, right?

I am still baffled as to why I would receive a request for further information on the 28th July 2017, thereafter honour the request in a timely fashion(specified time frame of 28 days),and then when I email the DIBP Pretoria, South Africa office requesting an update they turn around and say a case officer has not been assigned as yet and my application will be processed within the global processing times.

Surely, someone had to have opened and assessed my file to determine what was needed/missing? Mind boggling.

visa: 309
DOL: 9 April 2017
RFI: 28 July 2017

#189 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 06:01 PM

doesn't necessarily need to be a case officer though can just be someone who helped with the process. Some of embassys now don't just have the one person deal with the file. different sections deal with different parts.
with ours 2 months in one person asked for some more stuff then after that someone different to the end and they them passed it to someone to make the final decision.

#190 MattRSA

MattRSA

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 10:19 PM

Hi All,

So we got the great news yesterday! 309 approved for my wife!

Our story - 

Lodged - 29 Sept 2016 (In Pretoria, South Africa)

Accepted - 14 Sept 2017

Initial date of entry - 26 April 2018 (Luckily)

We chose to redo the police clearance a few weeks ago and submitted on 5th Sept 2017. The medical would have expired in early Oct 2017.

We were never asked for additional information nor ever see that we were assigned a case officer. We literally had no correspondence since we lodged until acceptance. In our application we submitted countless pieces of evidence including the obvious, as well as - joint bank acc details, bank statement showing rental going out of account, hotel invoices, flight tickets, over 7 photos, 3 testimonials, love letters, rental agreement, proof of education via correspondence in Aus, Wills, life insurance beneficiary proof, group life beneficiary proof, Facebook screenshots etc... Our belief was to be as open and comprehensive as possible, no room for error.

I know of another couple who applied for 309/100 3 weeks before we did and they had their visa accepted within 10 minutes of ours. They received a 100. Very similar story to ours.

If I could give any advice it would be to be patient. I have made the mistake of literally sifting through forums, facebook pages, immigov website etc for information more often than I would want to admit, and constantly antagonizing over the unknown. Don't let the wait consume you, do what you can but just chill - It will come when it comes.  The processing time was nearly double what we expected but in the end we have the visa, the waiting stress is gone and we are the happiest couple.

Anyways, all the best to those waiting and good luck for the future move! 

• Dave3519 and auzzz7593 like this

#191 Maudy

Maudy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 02:27 PM

The waiting is not easy i miss my husband so much we been married for over 3 years and we now have a baby but we still not staying together, I pray the Lord will give me strength to be patient nwy I been patient for over 3 years what harm will another few more months do, at least here in this forum I get encouraged to know I'm not the only one waiting I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end. GOD IS FAITHFUL

#192 Shantelle 26Jan

Shantelle 26Jan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 September 2017 - 03:47 AM

Hi all
So firstly phoned immi this morning for the umpteenth time to ask if a CO has been appointed and was told still working on visas from last year September. Hanged up and the awful gut feeling you get that the wait stil ain't over settled in. So imagine my surprise when I got an email this afternoon at 17:40 this afternoon saying I have been granted the 309 and 100 as we have been together since 2007 Application: PMV 309 Applied: 26 Jan 2017 PPC: 4 Feb 2017 Medical: 4 Feb 2017 Grant: 18 Sept 2017 In by: 2 Feb 2018 Time line: 8 days short of 8 months Hallelujah praise the Lord, God is great, good luck guys
  • Keyk likes this

#193 jaalo

jaalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:50 PM

Alhamdulillah, I have got my visa grant today. I applied on 16th April 2017 from Bangladesh. It has only taken 5 months 5 days. I would like to thanks Aussie_83, Lovebirds, Jason and others who helped me complete my online application. Good luck for them who are waiting for their visa grant.

To know and update applicant's historical timeline, check it out at https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner, status, update

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users