339 replies to this topic

#321 Oscar85

Oscar85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hey Rong any update from dibp for you yet ?

#322 Rong

Rong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 December 2017 - 05:07 AM

Hi Oscar
Nothing mate.

#323 agent

agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 06:10 AM

Hello,

For Assistance in regards to Partner applications, please feel free to contact me at mnmvisas@gmail.com

I am a retired 20 years experienced Visa officer.

Thanks

#324 BNE19

BNE19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

Aw man. I am SO happy for everyone whose visas are getting approved but why is mine taking so long?! Straight forward application from Canada (except we had a son, so had to update immigration with his information).

DOL 31 Mar 2017
Uploaded police and medicals 7 Jun 2017

OK so it's only been 8 months but I am so impatient!

Any Canadian applicants who have been approved recently?

I am trying to follow your story and one other user to see about your progress.
August - submit 309 to Ottawa
With RCMP and AFP check
Nov - sponsor AFP
Dec - medical
No CO and no word
Wondering how quickly Ottawa is turning them out

#325 thealex

thealex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:42 AM

Have just submitted police clearances for my partner (UK) and myself (Aus and UK ones) and it says on my partners immi account that the decision for his health check has been finalised. 

Now we wait! Hopefully it is a quick approval! We did only submit the application 4 1/2 months ago (August 14th) but we are going to Australia for two weeks in March so would be very nice to activate his visa then and lose the stress!

• Phinlee likes this

#326 Phinlee

Phinlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:49 AM

Have just submitted police clearances for my partner (UK) and myself (Aus and UK ones) and it says on my partners immi account that the decision for his health check has been finalised. 

Now we wait! Hopefully it is a quick approval! We did only submit the application 4 1/2 months ago (August 14th) but we are going to Australia for two weeks in March so would be very nice to activate his visa then and lose the stress!

Hi Alex, 

I'm in a similar situation to you. We applied for a 309 in the UK on the 2nd August 2017 and are currently in Australia on a holiday visa (600) while awaiting PR. We haven't yet provided Police clearances yet but plan to organise this week. 

Let me know if you hear back. I assume your case is straight forward like mine.

#327 thealex

thealex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 08:58 AM

We had been asked for more information, so applied for all required within 4 days. The final police check (mine - UK... oddly my Australian one made it to us faster!) arrived today in the mail so we have submitted the information requested. We just emailed them to email address specified to us, and uploaded them to the immi account (as back up). This is 11 days before the deadline of 28 days. So hopefully we are lucky and approved soon!

#328 thealex

thealex

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 January 2018 - 02:23 AM

Update - my partner got his grant today! So 4 1/2 months from date of lodgement.

Date submitted - 14th August 2017
More info requested - 14th December 2017
Info supplied - 2nd January 2018
Visa granted - 3rd January 2018!

This is all from London, UK

#329 YY Lu

YY Lu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 02:23 PM

Hi there,

I am new here and very happy to find this forum. My husband applied 309 visa in the end of August 2017, and on December 19 2017, we got an email from the immigration office (cannot see a CO assigned) requesting for my husband's birth certificate, and we upload the birth certificate on December 29 2017. We are just wondering when a decision would be make after we submit this requested document? I am pregnant now and my husband is not in Australia and he is thinking about going back soon. But if he comes to Australia and then the decision is made, then he has to leave Australia again. This really brings us many trouble. But if he waits until a decision is made, it seems very uncertain when the visa will be granted... So is there anyone having any experience and could provide some advice? Thanks!

YY

#330 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

there is no way to tell.
only advice is to not make any plans around it just organise what's best for you. if the grant comes maybe he gets a quick Bali or NZ trip. ;p

#331 auzzz7593

auzzz7593

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:02 AM

Our Partner Visa was approved yesterday!

Subclass 309/100

Submitted: June 13th 2017

Asked for Evidence (police checks + medical) November 3rd 2017

Submitted all Evidence: January 5th 2018 (There was a huge delay waiting for both of our German Police Checks to arrive in the mail)

Approved: January 8th 2018

My partner is from Colombia and we applied while living in Colombia being processed in Santiago, Chile. Straightforward case lived and been together for 3 years in February. Loads of supporting and joint documents. We researched intensely for 2 years before applying and did not use any Migration agents.

Good luck to the rest of the 2017 applicants!

#332 Rong

Rong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Hi All,
My wife had to go for health assessment twice. First normal tests which were cleared and they asked for more Medicals in October 2017. She is from medical background
As per doctor there is nothing that can hold visa.

Our health assessment is stuck on

Health assessed – wait for further advice from the department

###########%%%%%%%##############%%##%%%Health examination results for this person have been assessed but further action may be required. The case officer will contact the person with further information. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.
###########%%%%%%%%%%%######**^%#

I have send them numerous emails had long chat with VFS over the phone but same stupid reply
“ your information has been shared, the case officer will contact themselves if further information is required “

I have added this screen shot to email as well.

She has no intention to study or work in medical field, still I was asked for affidavit stating she has no intention to study or work in medical field.
Everything has been submitted in last week of October

Ever since no changes nothing.

Has anyone come across similar issue, please advise.

I believe as soon as medicals are cleared, we ll be granted visa.

Seriously don’t know what to do.
  • 21Dec2017 likes this

#333 21Dec2017

21Dec2017

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:11 AM

Hi everyone.

Sharing my timeline with you all. Applied online/offshore (middle east), a Filipino citizen and husband is Filipino also but an Australian citizen by grant.

Subclass 309/100

DOL: 21 Dec 2017

Submitted all documents: 23 Dec 2017

Medical/Biometrics: 28 Dec 2017

Now, the waiting game begins. Lets all be positive guys!

#334 21Dec2017

21Dec2017

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:17 AM

Hi All,
My wife had to go for health assessment twice. First normal tests which were cleared and they asked for more Medicals in October 2017. She is from medical background
As per doctor there is nothing that can hold visa.

Our health assessment is stuck on

Health assessed – wait for further advice from the department

###########%%%%%%%##############%%##%%%Health examination results for this person have been assessed but further action may be required. The case officer will contact the person with further information. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime.
###########%%%%%%%%%%%######**^%#

I have send them numerous emails had long chat with VFS over the phone but same stupid reply
“ your information has been shared, the case officer will contact themselves if further information is required “

I have added this screen shot to email as well.

She has no intention to study or work in medical field, still I was asked for affidavit stating she has no intention to study or work in medical field.
Everything has been submitted in last week of October

Ever since no changes nothing.

Has anyone come across similar issue, please advise.

I believe as soon as medicals are cleared, we ll be granted visa.

Seriously don’t know what to do.

Hi Rong! Did my medical. And I think they (the hospital I did my medical) already uploaded the results.

I'm also from the medical field. My health assessment says, "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I am also waiting for someone to contact me if they have issues with my health assessment or what. Or anything at all.

#335 Rong

Rong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:34 AM

Hi Rong! Did my medical. And I think they (the hospital I did my medical) already uploaded the results.

I'm also from the medical field. My health assessment says, "All health examinations required for the specified visa subclass have been finalised. Processing of this person's visa application can now continue. This will not occur until a case officer investigates the case in line with published processing times for the visa that has been applied for. Do not contact the department about health examinations in the meantime."

I am also waiting for someone to contact me if they have issues with my health assessment or what. Or anything at all.

Hi Mate,

I am awaiting response since 30 October 2017. AHC is hopeless.

don't know why were 2nd stage medicals done when she applied for the spouse visa and she has no intention to study in the medical field.

#336 GREG53

GREG53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

VISA UPDATE 309/100 FOR MY THAI PARTNER SUBMITTED IN THAILAND FOR AUSTRALIAN MIGRATION.

SUBMITTED 1 AUGUST 2017

ADDITIONAL INFO REQUIRED DECEMBER 28TH 2017      

- (POLICE CHECK FOR BOTH AUST. AND THAILAND AND    MEDICAL. (THAILAND ONLY)

MEDICAL COMPLETED AND SUBMITTED - 8TH JANUARY.

THAI POLICE CLEARANCE SUBMITTED -    8TH JANUARY.

AUST. POLICE CHECK POSTED               -   5TH  JANUARY

HER 17 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER WAS ALSO REQUIRED TO DO THE POLICE AND MEDICAL CHECK EVEN THOUGH SHE IS NOT ON THE VISA APPLICATION.

MY PARTNER WAS REQUIRED TO DO THE AUSTRALIAN POLICE CHECK AS SHE HAS SPENT A TOTAL OF 12 MONTHS OVER A PERIOD OF 5 YEARS BECAUSE OF HER PAST 4   3 MONTH VISITOR VISITS

ONCE SHE RECEIVES THE POLICE CERTIFICATES WHICH SHOULD ARRIVE BETWEEN NOW AND JANUARY 22nd, AND ONCE THEY ARE POSTED TO THE EMBASSY, AND HOPEFULLY IF NO MORE INFO IS REQUIRED, POSSIBLY IT MIGHT BE GRANTED LATE JANUARY EARLY FEBRUARY??

#337 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

hi Greg,
that's being extremely optimistic and while it is possible allow for 12 months to save yourself a lot of stress.
there is a bit of misconception that asking for the PC and medical checks are requested at the end. in reality it seems each office has a time period for a automatic request so that the info is on hand for when they review the application.
(also caps make reading lots of info difficult)
best of luck!
  • GREG53 likes this

#338 Steban

Steban

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:48 PM

hi Greg,
that's being extremely optimistic and while it is possible allow for 12 months to save yourself a lot of stress.
there is a bit of misconception that asking for the PC and medical checks are requested at the end. in reality it seems each office has a time period for a automatic request so that the info is on hand for when they review the application.
best of luck!

Yes that’s right. We submitted in Bangkok on 2/11 and got asked for medical etc straight away on 4/11. Submitted two weeks later and haven’t hear anything since except that they acknowledged receipt. Not getting my hopes up.. we got granted a multiple entry tourist visa in the meantime so the wait isn’t so bad after all. Good luck!
  • GREG53 likes this

#339 GREG53

GREG53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 05:54 PM

hi Greg,
best of luck!

Hi Aussie and thanks for the input.

Yeah i suppose i am being optimistic, but i suppose it doesn't hurt. I am being optimistic about it because she has two sisters here already as Australian citizens so hoping it is a straight forward application for immigration? (Hopefully). It just seems a few here on the forum once the checks are submitted some have been quick to be granted. I was being optimistic about being one of those small percentage. 

Sorry about the CAPS. I don't even know why i started typing like that but halfway through i couldn't have bothered changing it. :-).

Cheers

#340 Rong

Rong

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:59 AM

Anyone else from medical background who has to undergo medicals twice?
God knows how long it ll take them. Bupa or clinic has already handed over the case to immigration. No update from them.
Please help if someone else is in similar situation

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner, status, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users