partner status update

139 replies to this topic

#121 Irfan8277

Irfan8277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:37 PM

Hi Everyone,   I am living in Pakistan and i applied for my partner visa 309/100 on 1st June 2016.  My medical is done, bio metrics is done, form 80 is submitted. It has past now 12 months. When i inquire about my visa status, they reply every freaking time that my application is under departmental checks from Australia.   

Can any body please guide about this departmental checks and how much tentative time it takes on this step?  

Thanks  

Irfan

#122 RIWATY

RIWATY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Hi Everyone, I am living in Pakistan and i applied for my partner visa 309/100 on 1st June 2016. My medical is done, bio metrics is done, form 80 is submitted. It has past now 12 months. When i inquire about my visa status, they reply every freaking time that my application is under departmental checks from Australia.

Can any body please guide about this departmental checks and how much tentative time it takes on this step?
Thanks

Irfan

Hi Irfan
I dnt know abt the departmental checks but my partner is also from Pakistan and he lodged his 309 visa application on April 2016 and have been waiting since then.

#123 SavannaAndAdam

SavannaAndAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hey everyone thanks for your help! Super helpful!

Another question: does every document have to be certified? I keep hearing different things about this. For example, our defacto certificate? If we are scanning and uploading the original, is that enough? Or do we have to get a colour copy certified and then upload it? Other than i'd's and personal documents what else has to be certified? Feel like I live at the JP's! Haha.

Bit confused in this area. Thanks again in advance!

#124 jaalo

jaalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

Hey Adam
I have uploaded all scan copy of original documents. You can use pdf24 to make pdf. Person who apply on paper must certify documents.

#125 Irfan8277

Irfan8277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:04 PM

Hi Irfan
I dnt know abt the departmental checks but my partner is also from Pakistan and he lodged his 309 visa application on April 2016 and have been waiting since then.

Did he receive the interview call yet?

#126 RIWATY

RIWATY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:13 PM

Did he receive the interview call yet?

Yes he received an interview call on 9th of Nov which went well and last for around 15 mins.

#127 Irfan8277

Irfan8277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:26 PM

Yes he received an interview call on 9th of Nov which went well and last for around 15 mins.

That means my decision is not gonna come for another 2 months i guess as my case is pending in checks?

Did you inquire them? what did they say about your case status?

• RIWATY likes this

#128 RIWATY

RIWATY

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

That means my decision is not gonna come for another 2 months i guess as my case is pending in checks?
Did you inquire them? what did they say about your case status?

Everytime they used to say that your case is in progress and the processing time is 12 to 15 months and you are still under the timeframe. So you'll get your decision under the timeline.

#129 Irfan8277

Irfan8277

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:28 PM

Everytime they used to say that your case is in progress and the processing time is 12 to 15 months and you are still under the timeframe. So you'll get your decision under the timeline.

I had a long conversation with the partner visa head of Islamabad regarding the timeframe. She said the old applications are under the previous standard time of 12 months. Only new applications will be assessed under 14 months timeframe. But in my case they only say that we have sent your case to Australia for security checks and we cannot update anything till we hear on your checks.

I dnt understand their timeframe criteria. I guess your case is also struck on security checks. 

#130 Jason8829

Jason8829

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:03 PM

Hey budd, how did u get the hold of the partner visa head over at AHC ?.

#131 GeophFeb17

GeophFeb17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:34 PM

Hello guys

The Department had requested for the PCC for my Australian sponsor who lived in Tanzania for a couple of years. I successfully uploaded  the Police Certificates for my sponsor who is now back to Australia,  the Australia Federal Police (AFP) Certificate was done under name search and the Tanzania PCC was based on fingerprints. I successfully uploaded both  and receipt was acknowledged. Today I was passing through my application and  have found '0 received' for AFP PCC, what does it mean? Does it mean that it is mandatory for the Australian sponsor to take the fingerprint based PCC?

Will appreciate for the reply.

#132 SavannaAndAdam

SavannaAndAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:50 AM

Hey guys, thanks again for all your help. We have paid and begun uploading documents woo!

We think we have everything ready to go, just clarifying things before we get right in to it (tonight)

Under which category/subcategory do we upload our personal statements, and on who's account? Both on his? or one on Mine (sponsor)?

and, do we have to upload the financial/social/commitment/household statements again? even though we basically uploaded the same thing in the applicants form at the beginning of the process? If we do have to upload these, do we both have to sign them or can only one of us?

Thanks again in advance, fingers crossed all goes well.

Savanna and Adam.

#133 jaalo

jaalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:13 AM

S n A
It's good to hear you are uploading documents.
You both write statement about relationships and sign it individually. You should upload it under further relationship evidence of relationship evidence. It can be uploaded from applicant application.

Yes, you have to write necessary statements again. If the statement is joint then you both have to sign.

Thanks

#134 SavannaAndAdam

SavannaAndAdam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:23 AM

Thank you so much Jaalo, life saver!

#135 Kai01

Kai01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

Hi guys! Applied 309 visa in the Philippines. Date of Lodgement is May 17,2017. Haven't received any email of request for medical or further information yet. I wonder how long will the processing take. Any update on your visas lodged around that time? Thanks!

#136 jaalo

jaalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 06:44 PM

Check your application status in immiaccount.

My timeline is as follow
309 DOL - 16-Apr-17
Finger & Medical  - 25-Apr-17
Additional info asked - 02-May-17
PCCs provided - 15-May-17
Current status  - Assessment in Progress

#137 Kai01

Kai01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:28 PM

Check your application status in immiaccount.

My timeline is as follow
309 DOL - 16-Apr-17
Finger & Medical - 25-Apr-17
Additional info asked - 02-May-17
PCCs provided - 15-May-17
Current status - Assessment in Progress

. I'm checking it several times a day.. The status of application just says.. application received..

#138 Kai01

Kai01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:43 AM

Hi guys! Just a question. I am applying from Philippines and haven't received any update in my lodged application yet. I read about the PSA documents (such as marriage cert, birth cert etc.) that I have to request it from the Philippine Statistics Authority to deliver to embassy. I have uploaded copies of these in the attachment page. What shall I do? Will I request for it now or shall I wait for the email asking for these docs? Big thanks!

#139 traumatized by IMMI

traumatized by IMMI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 03:15 AM

PMV - applied from Brazil - 3 year ban for not meeting characters requirements.

DOL: 20/03/2017

Information requested to waive the 3 year ban: 05/05/2017

Information provided: 24/05/2017

Police checks requested: 20/06/2017

#140 traumatized by IMMI

traumatized by IMMI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted Today, 03:17 AM

Hi guys! Applied 309 visa in the Philippines. Date of Lodgement is May 17,2017. Haven't received any email of request for medical or further information yet. I wonder how long will the processing take. Any update on your visas lodged around that time? Thanks!

I did my health checks straight away, you don't have to wait for them to request it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: partner, status, update

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users