19 replies to this topic

#1 WingNut64

WingNut64

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • LocationMakassar

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:46 PM

Started this NEW topic to cover 2017 partner visa applications.
It just makes it a little easier to find current posts.

#2 Sue8

Sue8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:06 AM

Info if poss
How long does statement have to be to prove Defacto eg a page or 10 pages.
What is it they want most of?
Who's applied in uk or oz how long has it taken to get granted?
Apply on line or paper?
Not sure if we apply in uk or when we come over to oz if on a tourist visa I know bridging visa kicks in can my partner work or does he wait till he gets his partner visa ?
Sorry questions but thank u .

#3 Uhtred

Uhtred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

My statement was about 3 pages long - someone said it doesn't have to be a complete story but cover the pertinent points of your relationship.

As for what they want, it's a mix of evidence. This might be a page of photos, mutual invites, lease agreements, joint bank account proof. It's good to have all of this and then add more to the parts of your application you feel is weaker.

I applied offshore from the UK and am 4 months in so far without any contact. A lot of London visas been granted around the 5 month mark though recently.

It usually takes longer onshore but you do get the bridging visa - this however can have working restrictions as it can mirror the visa you were on when applying for the partner visa.

If you apply offshore you can holiday to Oz etc but you'll have to be offshore when they tell you they are ready to grant.
  • Tassiegirl likes this

#4 Sue8

Sue8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:40 AM

Thank you I can prove few years together but are agreement I paid for food and nights out as I moved into his house we kept the bills as they were as it suited us.

#5 Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:58 AM

Thankyou for all this great advice already! Can I just ask, are you guys referring to the pmv (300) visa in your comments?

#6 Uhtred

Uhtred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

Thank you I can prove few years together but are agreement I paid for food and nights out as I moved into his house we kept the bills as they were as it suited us.

There's a chance to explain that on your application and in the statement you write. If you can evidence that too then it's great.

There's lots online on what to include etc. Keep reading and asking questions and it'll all click eventually.

#7 Tassiegirl

Tassiegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:17 AM

Hi, can anyone advise on the current waiting time for a PMV ( subclass 300) lodged in the UK?
Many thanks!

#8 Uhtred

Uhtred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 07:33 AM

Hi, can anyone advise on the current waiting time for a PMV ( subclass 300) lodged in the UK?
Many thanks!

Best bet is to check the UK Australian embassy page as they'll publish their own waiting times.
  • Sue8 likes this

#9 Olesja

Olesja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:50 PM

Does anyone know if a police certificate from the country of origin is an obligatory document? I am going to apply for visa 820 from Australia. In my country I can apply for the police certificate only in person and same to receive it. It is very expensive to go back to Europe just for one paper lol
  • KiaMia likes this

#10 Uhtred

Uhtred

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:17 PM

You need to supply police certs for any country you've resided in for 12 or more months.

Chances are you'll be asked to do it.

#11 Jason8829

Jason8829

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:19 PM

Hey guys Just a quick info, In immi accoun last update status -------- last updated on 10 Jan 2017,
but I haven't updated anything online. But my application status says, assessment in progress So does it mean there is any movement on my application

Just wondering ,If we get a case officer how will we find out, is there any section in immi account says we have case officer.

Thanks Good luck all for your visas.

#12 KiaMia

KiaMia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:43 AM

Does anyone know if a police certificate from the country of origin is an obligatory document? I am going to apply for visa 820 from Australia. In my country I can apply for the police certificate only in person and same to receive it. It is very expensive to go back to Europe just for one paper lol

#13 KiaMia

KiaMia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:44 AM

It is usually required that you have a police certificate
  • Olesja likes this

#14 Jason8829

Jason8829

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 11:59 AM

P

It is usually required that you have a police certificate

But can't you apply for the police clearance in your embassy or high commission for your country in Australia ? Just saying
  • KiaMia and Olesja like this

#15 Olesja

Olesja

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:22 PM

Thank you everyone for answers. Will contact my country's embassy here first. Will see if they can help. Eventually will update here my results

#16 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:00 PM

Also look on the dibp website, they have info there on how to obtain it for many countries.

#17 CannonHillChris

CannonHillChris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:55 AM

Good luck to all the 2017 Applicants. It's a shame about the time estimate increases.

My top tip... if you are on facebook. You and your spouse / de facto partner can go to some options and show relationship (do this on a computer not your phone) 

It will list all the public interations between you where you are either tagged together, write to eachother or mention eachother. WIth photographs and GPS maps of locations etc.

Scroll down to the very beginning, keep going, keep going all the way back. Expand the comments on any key events. Then click print, save as PDF.

The resulting document in my case was 177 page chronological of history of our relationship. We went to see Book of Mormon on the 16th Feb 2013 etc.

No better evidence of the history and nature of the relationship From first meeting, to "is in Relationship" to "got engaged" and "got married" with all of comments from your friends on all the key events.

My whole relationship with my wife was on facebook. Very useful to remember when you went on Holiday to Turkey and that weekend on Cologne as well.

• KiaMia likes this

#18 KiaMia

KiaMia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

When I applied for my lartner visa onshore, I already attached my police certificate even if they didn't asked for it and I am doung my medicals next week.

#19 KiaMia

KiaMia

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

Good luck to all the 2017 Applicants. It's a shame about the time estimate increases.

My top tip... if you are on facebook. You and your spouse / de facto partner can go to some options and show relationship (do this on a computer not your phone)

It will list all the public interations between you where you are either tagged together, write to eachother or mention eachother. WIth photographs and GPS maps of locations etc.

Scroll down to the very beginning, keep going, keep going all the way back. Expand the comments on any key events. Then click print, save as PDF.

The resulting document in my case was 177 page chronological of history of our relationship. We went to see Book of Mormon on the 16th Feb 2013 etc.

No better evidence of the history and nature of the relationship From first meeting, to "is in Relationship" to "got engaged" and "got married" with all of comments from your friends on all the key events.

My whole relationship with my wife was on facebook. Very useful to remember when you went on Holiday to Turkey and that weekend on Cologne as well.

What about if my husband and I share one Facebook account?

#20 CannonHillChris

CannonHillChris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:46 PM

What about if my husband and I share one Facebook account?

I suppose you can't do what I've said. Maybe print a full timeline and explain that you share the account. I assume it will have photos and trips etc.

What I posted is a little known about feature. It's changed names but is usually reached by clicking your partner's profile and finding an option "see friendship" "see relationship".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users