2 replies to this topic

#1 Rabbit

Rabbit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:19 PM

Hi guys,

I'm trying to help my partner out with her application (820/801) and we got a bit confused about Q73 where they ask to list all the countries she has visited in the past 10 years.

My partner is a South Korean citizen and she was living in the Philippines on student visa for 5 years, but she travelled frequently back to South Korea for holidays (usually around 2-3 weeks at a time).

She lost her passport about 3 years ago, so we can't give exact dates, nor does she remember all the trips she took to South Korea.

My question is, does she need to put down all those trips she took to South Korea on her application?

Thanks!
  • Rabbit likes this

#2 Mitten

Mitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

Hi guys,
I'm trying to help my partner out with her application (820/801) and we got a bit confused about Q73 where they ask to list all the countries she has visited in the past 10 years.
My partner is a South Korean citizen and she was living in the Philippines on student visa for 5 years, but she travelled frequently back to South Korea for holidays (usually around 2-3 weeks at a time).
She lost her passport about 3 years ago, so we can't give exact dates, nor does she remember all the trips she took to South Korea.
My question is, does she need to put down all those trips she took to South Korea on her application?
Thanks!

Hi Rabbit, We were in a similar situation, my reply here is based purely on what we actually did (whether it was right, I'm not sure!) My husband and I have both lived and worked abroad on and off for the past 7 years and are very frequent travellers. My husband is from Northern Ireland where he was living the 3 years prior to that. He crossed the border and visited the Republic of Ireland, well, who know knows how many times back then???? We knew there was no way we could remember or list every trip (even with our passports, sometimes they're not stamped or even needed). We sat down and worked backwards each year jotting down each country we had visited. I used a map that I mark each time I visit a new place so that helped a bit! At the end we each made a list with the dates we had proof for or knew for certain (passport stamps, frequent flyer statements, Facebook check ins etc) and then listed the rest with the dates to the best of our ability. We then wrote a statement explaining what we had done and uploaded it on my side of the immi account - I am the sponsor so didn't want to use a valuable upload on my husbands side. What I assume (again may be right or wrong), is that immigration are more interested in where you have been (each country visited) and what you were doing in that country than whether you arrived on a Monday or a Wednesday. We can honestly say in our application that we declared every country we have ever visited in the last 10 years and the dates to the best of our knowledge. We also stated our purpose for our visits (holiday, work, visiting family etc) in our explanation. So this is how we approached that aspect of the application. We hope for the best and also wish you luck.

#3 Mitten

Mitten

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:18 AM

Hi Rabbit, We were in a similar situation, my reply here is based purely on what we actually did (whether it was right, I'm not sure!) My husband and I have both lived and worked abroad on and off for the past 7 years and are very frequent travellers. My husband is from Northern Ireland where he was living the 3 years prior to that. He crossed the border and visited the Republic of Ireland, well, who know knows how many times back then???? We knew there was no way we could remember or list every trip (even with our passports, sometimes they're not stamped or even needed). We sat down and worked backwards each year jotting down each country we had visited. I used a map that I mark each time I visit a new place so that helped a bit! At the end we each made a list with the dates we had proof for or knew for certain (passport stamps, frequent flyer statements, Facebook check ins etc) and then listed the rest with the dates to the best of our ability. We then wrote a statement explaining what we had done and uploaded it on my side of the immi account - I am the sponsor so didn't want to use a valuable upload on my husbands side. What I assume (again may be right or wrong), is that immigration are more interested in where you have been (each country visited) and what you were doing in that country than whether you arrived on a Monday or a Wednesday. We can honestly say in our application that we declared every country we have ever visited in the last 10 years and the dates to the best of our knowledge. We also stated our purpose for our visits (holiday, work, visiting family etc) in our explanation. So this is how we approached that aspect of the application. We hope for the best and also wish you luck.

Unless of course a major terrible event occurred in the you country visited on a Monday but you weren't there until Wednesday, then perhaps you might want to try and be exact with dates! But I'm sure you understand what I meant in my previous reply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users