naturalbornchiller

Police Clearance With Minor Offence

Hi everyone,

I have not been able to find too much information about this topic. We are applying for a partner visa and my spouse (the applicant) has a record on his police clearance. 

It dates back 9 years. It is a minor drug offence of purchasing and using weed. He wasn't given jail time, just a caution and treatment and urine tests for a year. He has nothing else on his record. I assume this counts as a conviction and we are going to declare it obviously.

Would this create any problem for us being granted the visa? What kind of extra documents should we add to the application? I was thinking the court ruling documents that explain the nature of the crime and certificate of completion of the 1-year testing period.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks in advance!

No, just declare all the details.  Minor offence with no detention 9 years ago is minor.

If they ask, just say a stupid mistake, of youth.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.