shane1985

Partner Visa Quesion.

Good afternoon. We are 5 months in the process of the partner visa. My wife and 5 month old daughter (daughter is thai/aussie citizen) recently returned to Thailand after the three month visitor visa. My question is if there is a visa where she can stay until the the decision of the partner visa instead of doing multiple visitor visas. Thanks for any advice.

You can only apply for another visitor visa, you may be lucky and get one that doesn't have the 8503 condition which means you can apply for another once the first is coming to an end, they may grant a 12 month visa, but she will have to go home every 3 months.

Good afternoon. We are 5 months in the process of the partner visa. My wife and 5 month old daughter (daughter is thai/aussie citizen) recently returned to Thailand after the three month visitor visa. My question is if there is a visa where she can stay until the the decision of the partner visa instead of doing multiple visitor visas. Thanks for any advice.

shane1985: apply for another visitor Visa to allow the partner and the child to spend time with you while waiting for the visa grant. It most likely wont have 8503 on it so you can extend onshore if you need to. Onshore you can apply for 3, 6, 9 months or 12 in some cases (she has spent 3 months already so 12 would not be granted.

It will most likely be single entry so the extension onshore is the key.

Shane1985: the only way to have done this was an onshore visa. if the visa is offshore then there are no options other than visitor and there is a limit of 12 months consecutive stay in Aus on Visitor visas.