anon

Visitor Visa For Child

My husband is currently in Australia on a bridging visa awaiting the outcome of our partner visa. He has a 10 year old daughter in Indonesia whom we want to visit us for a few weeks in June/July. My question is can she apply for a tourist visa as a sole applicant? Obviously we will get a permission letter from the mother allowing travel and we plan for someone to travel to Indonesia to collect her and take her back. My concern is as a child can she apply for the visa or only as a dependent on someone else's (an adults) visa?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

My husband is currently in Australia on a bridging visa awaiting the outcome of our partner visa. He has a 10 year old daughter in Indonesia whom we want to visit us for a few weeks in June/July. My question is can she apply for a tourist visa as a sole applicant? Obviously we will get a permission letter from the mother allowing travel and we plan for someone to travel to Indonesia to collect her and take her back. My concern is as a child can she apply for the visa or only as a dependent on someone else's (an adults) visa?

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

anon: Most likely it will be granted. However the department will need evidence she has reason to return to Indonesia. Check indonesian law as well it may require special permission if the child is not accompanied by a parent. If the dad goes to Indonesia on a Bridging Visa B it should be ok but if you go indonesian authorities may prevent the departure. Philippines does. I am not familiar with the laws in Indonesia so check first

Thanks Paul. Yeah we intend to check every thing Indo side as I'm aware there would most likely be some special requirements in place. Hubby is waiting for immi to ask for his PCC before he heads back due to long waiting times we don't want to get it too soon and don't want to have to make two trips hence why someone else besides him may go. I appreciate you taking the time to reply.