- - - - -

Are Processing Times For Pmv 300 Correct?

pmv 300 processing times

4 replies to this topic

#1 todayinclass

todayinclass

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 06:45 AM

I'm an American that applied for a prospective marriage visa 300 back in January, have filed all the paperwork and completed the health inspection. I recently called the Australian Embassy in Ottawa to check on my Visa since I haven't heard back from anyone regarding my Visa and asked for an update. Pretty much got the same answer as checking online, that my Visa has been submitted and is just waiting to be processed. Then I was told that processing for my Visa would be between 12-16 months from the time I lodged it(January 2017). Are these processing times usually correct, or could I expect mine to go through sooner than that?

Thank you in advance for any advice given.

#2 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:21 AM

it could be granted quicker or it could be longer.

#3 Dan70

Dan70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:11 AM

Each embassy has different processing times, anywhere between 3-15 months, but most under 12 i believe.

I would change the title of your post to attract more american members input and also do a search of the forum above. I just typed in 'USA' and several posts came up about partner visas.

#4 jaalo

jaalo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:11 PM

Dear Aussie_83
I draw your kind attention.
I have been asked for additional information. They asked for marriage certificate with my own language Nikahnama. But I uploaded marriage certificate with English Nikahnama under marriage evidence. Now where should I upload this Nikahnama ? To my sponsor, Case Officer asked for police clearance issued by Australian Federal Police and Bangladeshi police clearance too. She previously uploaded NPC under Character evidence. Now where should She upload these certificate?

#5 Res

Res

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

Hi todayinclass,

My wife and I are applying from the U.S. We submitted a 309 back in August 2016. We were just assigned a case manager early May 2017. The case manager asked for FBI & State Police clearance. 

The processing times are very discouraging and change often. Don't waste your time or money calling the Ottawa branch. My wife and I even drove to the AU embassy in DC. Neither gave good feedback or much help. 

So to answer your question, we were assigned a case manager 9 months after we submitted. I am assuming that once we submit my criminal history report that it shouldn't take longer then three months for me to be granted the visa. So I am hopeful that the entire process will only take 12 months. 

I hope that helps and good luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: pmv, 300, processing times

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users