Solotravel

If I Marry A Thai Girl Can She Bring Her Son To Australia Too?

Hi Guys, 

I am a newbie here, thanks for having me on board. I was reading this forum last night. I see that men can bring a Thai girl back to Australia permanently if they marry them in Thailand. Is it also possible for a Thai girl to bring her Thai son to live permanently in Australia when married to an Australian man?

Thank you, I look forward to any replies. 

Hi Solotravel

Generally, yes - as long as the child is under 18 and the father gives his permission (if he is in the picture). In some circumstances older children can be sponsored too.

As for the marriage aspect, it's not the marriage that is crucial but rather whether you can show a genuine serious relationship. Depending on how long you have been together you may be better off applying for a Prospective Marriage Visa (aka 'fiance visa') and getting married in Australia. 

Kind regards

Lisa

Disclaimer: This message is general in nature and is not intended to constitute migration or legal advice. 

I think you are more interested in my replies.. You should mind your own business. 

Neha,

This is a public forum, so its everyones business.  Aussie_83 was simply correcting an inaccuracy, so others are not mis-informed.  He is doing you a favour.

You are wrong.. thanks for the information, again "Mind your own business Please"

Neha, 

You have a lot to learn about acceptable behaviour on public forums.  Members will and have the right to continue to correct anyone who makes an incorrect statement.  If you dont want us commenting on your business, take your business elsewhere.

you may be interested to know, I've corrected Aussiedude and he has corrected me.

each time we have researched and learnt from it.

Aussie_83 is speaking the truth, and I welcomed his guidance.   We learn from our mistakes, no one is perfect.

As you said this is public forum everyone has the right to say anything.. so don't correct others.. give your opinion only.. this is the forum for the discussion not for correcting others.. and you both thing you are extra clear.. I am sorry to say that you are not.. You both should "definitely mind your business"

@Aussiedude

You should remove your profile pic after saying this "You have a lot to learn about acceptable behaviour on public forums.  Members will and have the right to continue to correct anyone who makes an incorrect statement.  If you dont want us commenting on your business, take your business elsewhere."

As you said this is public forum everyone has the right to say anything.. so don't correct others.. give your opinion only.. this is the forum for the discussion not for correcting others.. and you both thing you are extra clear.. I am sorry to say that you are not.. You both should "definitely mind your business"

its primarily a forum where people come to get advice, guidance and help.  Opinions are fine as long as they read that way, and not presented as fact.  We are not here to fight or ridicule anyone, but we all must be vigilant to be as accurate as we can when we are answering questions.  These are peoples lives we could be impacting.  Take our corrections in the positive way they were intended, to help you and others through this complicated area.  People often judge a person on how they react to criticism.

Hello everyone, 

I just need clarification if anyone can help out. My medical will expire in may and police check will expire in sept while my husband's police check will expire in august. My application status is stating further assessment after the processing time was removed after submitting a recent poilo shot record for my family and I. My worry now is my CO has not sent a grant and my medical and police checks are close to expiration I need to know if initial entry are tied to medical and police report,  does it mean I have to redo the medical again . My application was submitted March 13 2017 but due to FBI report I did not get my police check till sept 2017. The last request was Polio vaccine records which I submitted March 13th 2018 ,March 14th 2018 the processing time 9-12 months was removed leaving my status on further assessment since march 14th.

Am just confuse after submitting all requirements while my status read further assessment with the estimated processing time taken off only to check my status  today it states 8-11 months processing time. I do not just get it, having it in mind my medical will expire in may and police expires sept for me ,Aug for my hubby. God please help me out here. 

Generally, its the discretion of the CW to accept a PCC or MEdical certificate that has expired during the application waiting period.

But if IMMI do require new certificates and medicals they will write and request.