#21 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:17 AM

Hi Aussie_83,
Thank you for your advice. I understand the different between PMV 300 and Partner Visa 820 . I just wonder if it is a must to have a celebrant for the NOIM as someone told me that we could just register our NOIM with the authorized office. Our intention is doing the PMV 300 and then when i am granted the visa I will get married in Australia and convert into Partner visa 820. Thats why I posted the question in another topic asking how much we will have to pay. We had a wedding celeration here in VN as it was the request from our familiess since we both dated each other and told the families that we wanted to settle down. In the Stat Dec for PMV 300, my partner wrote about the wedding recpetion that we had but I am not sure that should we include in our Stat Dec. i explained to him that PMV 300 purpose is let me go to Australia and get married so it is unnecessary to mention about the wedding cermony.

Hi Queenie: the purpose of a PMV visa is to allow you to come to Australia to marry your partner. You cannot be married outside Australia or the visa will be refused. Your partner's Stat dec needs to state the relationship and intention to marry in Australia however this is only needed in a letter of relationship
Any form 888 should not mention anything about the ceremony in VN.
1. you apply PMV

Evidence is needed to show the relationship and you have met in person and your intention to marry

I would suspect you have photos on facebook - if you do you should remove them if they show the wedding

2. You are granted
3. you come to Australia and marry

4.you apply for SC 820 / 801 Partner visa in Australia

#22 Queenie

Queenie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 03:45 PM

Okay! Thanks for your advice. Will the have the record from social media even u delete them?

#23 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:07 PM

interesting Paul O. looks like they need to update a number of things, way back when I was doing my research 2014/15 and now they still have plastered everywhere specifically after the grant you can marry in Australia or any other country. with the usual must be one our government recognises.

#24 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 04:36 AM

interesting Paul O. looks like they need to update a number of things, way back when I was doing my research 2014/15 and now they still have plastered everywhere specifically after the grant you can marry in Australia or any other country. with the usual must be one our government recognises.

The regulations are complicated: PMV allows the applicant to enter Australia and marry. This must be done within 9 months of the grant )not the entry) and the Partner visa should be applied for within that 9 month period. 

The holder of the visa must not marry or enter into a de facto relationship before entering Australia.

This means they have to marry in Australia

#25 metromini75

metromini75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:32 AM

Hi, all!
It's my first post in this forum. I'm Indonesian, applied PMV online via immi account since last April.
While we're on this topic, I have some questions, too.
Does each and every document submitted have to be certified? So far, the only certified document I have submitted is my translated birth certificate. It's certified by a female sworn translation herself.
I wonder if our history of relationship has to be certified also since it's simply formatted as a narrative letter. Perhaps a certified statutory of declaration from my sponsor (fiancée) would suffice? In Indonesia, certification usually can only be done by notary and police, not as many profession as in Australia can.
What about all our chat history on WhatsApp, or love letters? Do we have to certify those, too? Can't imagine how many paper it would take to print or copy then certify it all.
If not all documents have to be certified, how can we tell which one is a must?
That would be all for now. I'd appreciate any kind of response and answer.
Thanks.

Hi, Everyone!
Just wanted to update and below is my detail:

PMV 300: April 2017
Tourist Visa: May 2017
Med Check Up: June 2017 (required to process Tourist Visa)
Wedding date: Sep 2017 (BDM Registry)

Last week, I enquired DIBP via online form about assigned Case Officer and someone responded with several documents that we were lacking of. And yesterday, I updated them that all was just uploaded to my Immi account, but one, my fiance's Australian Federal Police certificate, which we are quite optimistic it would be issued eventually. On that same email, I asked if I could still go to Melbourne, get married as scheduled at Old Treasury Building, Spring Street, and start to live together, optimizing my Tourist Visa (exit & reenter Australia every 3 months) until my PMV granted.
They replied that I could withdraw my 300 and convert it to Partner Visa 309 after our wedding.

Given this option, my concerns came down to these 2 points:
1. If I did withdraw and convert my 300, would I still be able to stay with my wife to be (and to work, too, hopefully) after our wedding?
We've been living separately for almost 2 years now. After finding diagram of steps from THE booklet that says 100 requires 2 years from applying 309, we're not hoping to do it again for another 2 years more.
2. What's the difference between 801-Partner (residence) and 100-Partner (migrant)?
I'm aware that there are 3 step process of PMV (300, 820, 801) and 2 step process of PV (309 & 100). But their ends say different things in parantheses and I wonder what it would affect to us in the future.

I'm open for all responses and opinions from most of you here before I decide to resign from my work and take off to Melbourne to get married and migrate.

Thanks, Everyone!

#26 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:15 PM

1 depends if you have the 8503 condition if you can apply in Australia. if you change to the 309 then you will need to meet it's criteria which is more agreement than the 300.
2 no real difference, 801 if you started the whole process onshore 100 if you started offshore

#27 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:17 PM

the 300 to 820 doesn't take long, only a month or so, the next part confuses me I'm not sure what you mean no way to avoid the second stage if you want PR granted

#28 metromini75

metromini75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:23 PM

the 300 to 820 doesn't take long, only a month or so, the next part confuses me I'm not sure what you mean no way to avoid the second stage if you want PR granted

Can I not withdraw my 300, Aussie_83?
If I didn't withdraw my 300, would it be a problem when I apply for 820 since our wedding date is before my PMV granted?

Is the part that confuses you was the "their ends say different things in parentheses" part? Well, now that you've explained about the difference between resident and migrant, I realize they only differentiate the origin of the applicants.

#29 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

of you want to waste your initial 7000 AND can satisfy the full requirements of the 820, as I said the requirements are more stringent.
the bit that confuses me is below.

THE booklet that says 100 requires 2 years from applying 309, we're not hoping to do it again for another 2 years more

#30 metromini75

metromini75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 08:42 PM

of you want to waste your initial 7000 AND can satisfy the full requirements of the 820, as I said the requirements are more stringent.
the bit that confuses me is below.

THE booklet that says 100 requires 2 years from applying 309, we're not hoping to do it again for another 2 years more

Aaah, I see... On the 1127 booklet, we found 2 step process of Partner Visa 309 diagram. It explains the steps from 309 to 100. And on 100, it says that it requires 2 years from applying 309. If it means 2 years of living separately (again), we're not sure we can afford it. We have been living this long distance relationship for almost 2 years now.

#31 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 09:37 PM

yeah that's the stage to apply for pr. people get confused and think it's from Grant of 309, but so long as the 309 has been granted and it's been 2 years since you applied you can then apply for the 100. in our case my wife was in the country for a year before we could apply

#32 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 10:17 PM

Aaah, I see... On the 1127 booklet, we found 2 step process of Partner Visa 309 diagram. It explains the steps from 309 to 100. And on 100, it says that it requires 2 years from applying 309. If it means 2 years of living separately (again), we're not sure we can afford it. We have been living this long distance relationship for almost 2 years now.

You apply for 309 and take note of that date you applied.
2 years from that date you are eligible to apply for SC 100 if the 309 is granted
you do not need to separate.

309 gives unrestricted Travel rights as well

Then you wait for the PR (SC100) grant
this is taking a long time at the moment

#33 Paul O

Paul O

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 12:22 AM

Hi, Everyone!
Just wanted to update and below is my detail:

PMV 300: April 2017
Tourist Visa: May 2017
Med Check Up: June 2017 (required to process Tourist Visa)
Wedding date: Sep 2017 (BDM Registry)

Last week, I enquired DIBP via online form about assigned Case Officer and someone responded with several documents that we were lacking of. And yesterday, I updated them that all was just uploaded to my Immi account, but one, my fiance's Australian Federal Police certificate, which we are quite optimistic it would be issued eventually. On that same email, I asked if I could still go to Melbourne, get married as scheduled at Old Treasury Building, Spring Street, and start to live together, optimizing my Tourist Visa (exit & reenter Australia every 3 months) until my PMV granted.
They replied that I could withdraw my 300 and convert it to Partner Visa 309 after our wedding.

Given this option, my concerns came down to these 2 points:
1. If I did withdraw and convert my 300, would I still be able to stay with my wife to be (and to work, too, hopefully) after our wedding?
We've been living separately for almost 2 years now. After finding diagram of steps from THE booklet that says 100 requires 2 years from applying 309, we're not hoping to do it again for another 2 years more.
2. What's the difference between 801-Partner (residence) and 100-Partner (migrant)?
I'm aware that there are 3 step process of PMV (300, 820, 801) and 2 step process of PV (309 & 100). But their ends say different things in parantheses and I wonder what it would affect to us in the future.

I'm open for all responses and opinions from most of you here before I decide to resign from my work and take off to Melbourne to get married and migrate.

Thanks, Everyone!

If you get married you convert the SC 300 to SC309 and still wait for the grant.
Difference is you will be temporary on arrival in Australia after grant

the 2 years eligibility to apply for the permanent stage is 2 years from the date you applied for the SC 309 or if in Australia the SC 820

If you withdraw you need to pay the visa fee again and reapply so better to get married and convert or wait for the SC300 then go to Australia and marry and remain in Australia from then wait for your 2 years then apply for the SC100

#34 metromini75

metromini75

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 July 2017 - 02:38 AM

If you get married you convert the SC 300 to SC309 and still wait for the grant.
Difference is you will be temporary on arrival in Australia after grant

the 2 years eligibility to apply for the permanent stage is 2 years from the date you applied for the SC 309 or if in Australia the SC 820

If you withdraw you need to pay the visa fee again and reapply so better to get married and convert or wait for the SC300 then go to Australia and marry and remain in Australia from then wait for your 2 years then apply for the SC100

Thanks, Aussie & Paul!

Can I withdraw my PMV 300 and convert to 820 - Partner (provisional) so I don't have to go back to Jakarta after our wedding? We've been living separately for almost 2 years now. It would be great if we could start to live together in Melbourne as spouse and apply onshore, even with subclass 600 on hand.

And if I weren't eligible to convert it to 820 - Partner (provisional) and only to 309, could I do it online from Melbourne? I mean, requirements like 1022 is downloadable.
Or should I convert it to 309 now before I take off to Melbourne for the wedding?

I'm terribly sorry for these arrays of questions. We are really looking for possibilities and backup plans in case things go bad in the middle.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: prospective marriage visa, pmv, checklist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users