Australian Visa Advice

Partner Visa Update - For applications submitted in 2014

Partner Visa Update - For applications submitted in 2014

A member has suggested a new thread for partner visa applications submitted in 2014. Given that we are up to April already, I think this is a good idea.

If you have submitted a partner visa application, whether it be partner, prospective marriage etc, and you want to discuss the processing with other members, then this is the place to do it.

When asking a question it is always helpful if you mention the post where the application was submitted and the visa applied for, example "A partner visa submitted in Bangkok, Thailand on 12 February".

For partner visas submitted last year, keep the questions to this thread: Partner Visa 2013 Updates

Signature.gif

my story of lies from immigration.. all ready for my trip to chengdu to lodge me and my fiance visa.. on paper. ticket bought ($800 return singapore air.. great bargain) EVERYTHING DONE both here and from fiance.. that was thursday.. then stupid me rang immigration the following tuesday.. mistake!

"oh can i ask why you are flying to chengdu?" immi person asked..

"so i can lodge my 300 visa papers".. said I

" but sir as of yesterday you can do it ALL ONLINE, MUCH MUCH FASTER and saves you all that money going there" said he

LODGED JAN 10th.. online

finally after many phone calls with 2 main themes... "we have had no training for the visa 300 online application"

"it is definately processed in china.. all online visa are processed offshore"

ok so i called 7 times to be told this rubbish.. they even told me how to upload the paperwork..WRONG..

then on call 8 i got some clarity (after calling shanghi who actually told me the truth).. they were telling everyone not to submit paper applications.. visa time 6 to 12 months to ok visa ( same visa done on paper in shanghi took 2 weeks to open, medical, waiting final ok.. a chinese couple we know lodged 1 week after us)... the visa is PROCESSED IN AUSTRALIA.

i have checked to immi account and it is "in progress"... last week it was "prosessing"... now it is back to "in progress".

so i say do not listen to them.. do not do online... go over and submit the paperwork.. why? because our paper visa would have been "opened" on arrival at the chinese processing centre.. stamped and allocated a person... in an office of maybe 200 people.. but now we are online.. not open after 14 weeks.. in an office of 30? if that.. who need to process THE WORLD"S applications..

it is a con people..

Submitted : Bangkok : 27-JAN-2014

PMV.

Current status,

We have cracked the 3 month mark!!

Received fiancé's USA police check and submitted it nearly a month ago.

We both have tried to contact the embassy by email to confirm if they have received the certificate but got stock responses,

Fiancé's email was sent nearly 3 weeks back.

Obviously we are both just concerned that it's safe in their hands as it took over 3 months to obtain!!!

And we had to send the original copy......

Obviously also no contact from our case officer, although they do state approximately 16 weeks!

Hoping that our application is moving up the queue!!

Going to thailand in just over a month to visit for a few weeks!!!! Can't wait to see each other..

Best of luck to all!

sorry matey.. i seem to be the only negative poster on this site. it is basically a joke as they discriminate from country to country. also there is no filter process. that is like triage.. get the ones who actually qualify to the front of the line.. then all the maybes 2nd and maybe nots last.. they can wait the longest. sorry but we meet all their requirements ie i have gone to china 6 times in 4 years, proof of relationship for 4 years, she has been here for a 2 week holiday. blah blah blah but yet after 16 weeks our file has not been opened (according to immi that is.. see it was opened for 3 days.. ie became "processing".. then reverted back to "in progess") they could not explain this change..

but yesterday we got an email from immi.. a online, anonymous survey about what we think online service and how it can be improved.. at the end they asked if they could call and follow up our answers.. but it is anonymous???? how can they send us an email... if they have not opened the file? but they have our details to send us the survey? but not know our names?

it is a con people.. so expect nothing and one day you may get lucky.

Hi guys

I am Indian and my husband is Australian . 

Partner visa type : 309

Application date : 29 Jan 2014

Medical : 3rd Feb 2014

Medical submitted : 11th Feb 2014

We have submitted all the documents online, even Medical and PCC are submitted prior to the requirement of CO , however we didn't get any email or notification from CO or AHC regarding status of the same . just waiting !!!!

Will keep updating if got any notification from CO or AHC.

Guys, Please update your status as well.

Thank you so much 

Hi folks, am new to this site so i apologise if i am posting in the wrong area, i applied 16/5/2014 to be added as a subsequent entrant to my partners 457 (application for a long stay temporary business visa), i got a receipt for payment and an acknowledgement email re visa application. I uploaded a LOT of evidence re our relationship, 3 hours worth in fact!! So where do we go from here? We are both Irish and in our mid 30's and he is Perth over a year now with the company who is extending the visa to me. Do we wait for a C/o to be assigned? Many thanks for any help.

Hello There

Applied from- New Delhi, India

Application submitted- 29 December 2013

Medical email- 14 Jan 2014

Medicals done- 23 Jan 2014

Waiting for them to respond.

Hi

I m Pari Patel I applied on 20/12/13 I have done my medical on 17/1/14 but they didn't ask anything about my PCC so will they ask nw

Did immi ask ur PCC or not??

I am also waiting for them to respond

Thanx

Hi

I m Pari Patel I applied on 20/12/13 I have done my medical on 17/1/14 but they didn't ask anything about my PCC so will they ask nw

Did immi ask ur PCC or not??

I am also waiting for them to respond

Thanx

I have submitted my PCC in January. I reckon you do it soon rather than waiting for them to write to you. It is a mandatory document.

Our case officer should be assigned last week of June or early july.

Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best.

I am Australian  , my fiancée Filipino.

applied prospective marriage visa 5/2/14

medicals done 20/2/14

Email received 20/4/14 asking for official registry document because they did not accept our celebrant letter because she did not have official letterhead on her letter.

Sent new document 26/4/14 , not officially received by embassy in Manila until 9/5/14.

No further emails received yet , 6 months waiting this week so hopefully hear something in the next few months.

hi im new to this forum

I lodged my fiancee (SC300) visa application last February 14, 2014, On Feb 17, 2014 i received an acknowlegement email form the partner visa team that my application was valid. i already had my medical on march. until now i didnt hear anything from the embassy, i dont know if my application was already allocated to a case officer. do i need to contact the embassy to ask the status of my application? no further emails receive yet....  im from the philippines...

I am Australian  , my fiancée Filipino.

applied prospective marriage visa 5/2/14

medicals done 20/2/14

Email received 20/4/14 asking for official registry document because they did not accept our celebrant letter because she did not have official letterhead on her letter.

Sent new document 26/4/14 , not officially received by embassy in Manila until 9/5/14.

No further emails received yet , 6 months waiting this week so hopefully hear something in the next few months.

Hi, me and your fiancee has the same month lodged our application. i lodged last feb 17, after i received email of acknowldegement until now i didnt hear anything from the embassy. my medical done last march. i dont know if my application was already allocated to a case officer.. no email received yet.... im a filipino, and my fiance is australian citizen.

Hi guys, I'm new to this forum.. I applied my partner visa in Dubai

DOL: 22/01/2014

Got a call for character check in mid May

And that was it..

Has anyone applied from Dubai? As

hi Faith ,

when we received our acknowledgement email in February telling my fiancée to do her medical etc the email was from partner visa team as well.

We got another email in April after first assessment telling us we needed original document from registry office with letterhead on it. We sent that straight away and was received 9/5/14. We wrote to them in June to make sure they received document and ask if any further news with our visa but they just replied document received and visa being assessed and told us that visas can take 12 months but majority of visas they try and do within 9 months.

If you haven't received anything that can be a good sign because it could mean that you have supplied all the required documents and they are in the process of assessing your application.  Hopefully we both hear something in the next few months.

Sorry Faith , I just checked my emails and we didn't get our case officer until she asked for the new registry document in April. So you probably already have a case officer but they haven't needed to contact you for anything wrong.

hi Faith ,

when we received our acknowledgement email in February telling my fiancée to do her medical etc the email was from partner visa team as well.

We got another email in April after first assessment telling us we needed original document from registry office with letterhead on it. We sent that straight away and was received 9/5/14. We wrote to them in June to make sure they received document and ask if any further news with our visa but they just replied document received and visa being assessed and told us that visas can take 12 months but majority of visas they try and do within 9 months.

If you haven't received anything that can be a good sign because it could mean that you have supplied all the required documents and they are in the process of assessing your application.  Hopefully we both hear something in the next few months.

Sorry Faith , I just checked my emails and we didn't get our case officer until she asked for the new registry document in April. So you probably already have a case officer but they haven't needed to contact you for anything wrong.

hi Andy,

Thank u for your reply.. pls update me on the status of your fiance'e visa. ..

Applying in UK

Hi All

My husband is Australian, I am British and we currently live in UK. We have lived together for 8 years and been married for 6 but the visa application is no easier.

Applied beginning of Jan

Wondered why I had heard nothing by March so contacted them to find they had spelled my name wrong in my email so I had not received anything, they didn't then write by post but just assumed that having paid £1700 I had just decided not to bother.

Told to get medical checks and police checks end of May - all submitted OK.

I am told they will make a decision on my application once the stated 8 - 9 months has passed and will not give me any clues as to when my visa will run from even though I would appear to be a straightforward case.

If my visa is granted in October I may not have enough time to sell my house etc before the health checks expire! When I pointed out that my husband had been approached about a job but needed to give them an idea when we might arrive, my case officer said, as an Australian, he was free to go whenever he liked!

What really annoys me is that not once on the application does it ask what job I do - the assumption is that I live off my husband.

I know this won't make anyone feel any better but I am glad to have found somewhere to get it off my chest.

Good luck to the rest of you.