dream2015

Working On Bridging Visa For Visitor Visa Holders

Hi guys,

I am posting partial query as my query relates to visitor visa, partner visa and bridging visa as well. My partner is on visitor visa and we have registered relationship here in Victoria. We wish to apply for partner visa soon down the line. Will she get bridging visa after applying for partner visa, valid until the application outcome? Can she work on bridging visa?

Many thanks in advance and you guys rock as always!

Cheers

As soon as you apply for your partner visa your partner will get a bridging visa A with working rights.It will come into effect as soon as her visitor visa expires.(if she has 3 months stay each time on her visitor visa then it will be at the end of the 3 months from day she enter Australia.)She also can get medicare.

As soon as you apply for your partner visa your partner will get a bridging visa A with working rights.It will come into effect as soon as her visitor visa expires.(if she has 3 months stay each time on her visitor visa then it will be at the end of the 3 months from day she enter Australia.)She also can get medicare.

Thanks a lot @angelos29 for the valuable piece of information. Definitely helpful!

Cheers

Hi All,

Continuing to the above topic, my BVA will kick in on 24 September 2017 . As many of you might have the knowledge about Australian job market can someone please tell me how hard it is to find an IT job on bridge visa. I am really worried as i left my job in Amsterdam and waiting here for bridge visa

Thanks

In reference to above question !!! -> Bridging visa A is issued to Tourist VISA upgrade to Dependent VISA so this case is partner is allowed to travel outside Australia. As i believe Bridging VISA A doesnot allow one to travel i guess. could we request for Bridging VISA B in this case.

Also, is the Tourist VISA and Bridging visa both is valid so one can travel until expiration of Tourist VISA.