- - - - -

Visa Rejected Due To Gte. What To Do Next?

4 replies to this topic

#1 chawla8090

chawla8090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 08:00 PM

Hi,
My visa application was recently rejected because I couldn't satisfy the GTE requirements.
The visa assessing officer was not convinced with the one one year gap I have after my graduation.
Can anyone advice me what options do I have and that is it worth applying for the Visa again with some more documents?
Thanks

#2 AussieDude

AussieDude

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:01 AM

Can you copy the full rejection letter here, it may help us to advise further.

Only re-apply if you specifically address the original objection.

When is/was the gap year?  in the future when you graduate in Australia, or was it in the past?

#3 chawla8090

chawla8090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:01 PM

Can you copy the full rejection letter here, it may help us to advise further.

Only re-apply if you specifically address the original objection.

When is/was the gap year? in the future when you graduate in Australia, or was it in the past?

I graduated from my uni in 2016 from a law background and I applied in Australia for a masters in information technology for 2017 session. Between that time, I worked at 2 different places for 3 months and 6 months but my agent 'advised' me not to mention that in the visa sop.
The visa assessing officer rejected my application because I did not work for the gap of 1 year and because my chosen field for masters is different than that of my undergrad.
I can show my work experience through my tax records so I am confused whether I should try again for Australia or should just try for some other country because a second visa rejection from Australia would really hamper my chance of studying elsewhere.

#4 chawla8090

chawla8090

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 07:03 PM

My IELTS score is 8 overall and there was no issue of financials or anything of that sort!

#5 Sukhwinder Singh

Sukhwinder Singh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMohali, Punjab

Posted 22 August 2017 - 07:58 PM

You should show that you worked for one year and explain that in a better way why you put that gap also show documents as proof as you have from companies where you worked (salary slip, experience certificate etc)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users