GoCal

Rrv - Been Out Over 10Yrs - Compelling & Compassion Reason

I have been overseas over 10 years and already had 1 round of RRV which is also expired over 5 years. Trying to 2nd round of RRV visa. Looks like they are asking for a compelling and compassionate reason why I was away? In reality, I was working overseas but keen to return now. Does anyone has experience and suggestion on how best to handle this? 

Compelling:  You were required to be offshore because of your job (ie field of expertise, special career development, employer demand).

Compassionate: You decided to remain offshore because of proximity to your partner or family, or were required to be close or support sick, dependant or failing family/parents etc.  

10 years will be a hard case to prove.  Little of what I mentioned above would extend for 10 years.

Cases I have seen successful;

1. Long term senior employee, to an Australian company is sent offshore for 8 years
  2. Researched Doctoral for 7 years
  3. Aged parent, died after 8 years.

However, all these cases made a number of visits back to Australia.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.