#1 DN27

DN27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:58 AM

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum.

My mother (aged 68 years) has just been approved her visitor visa and she has the following conditions on her visa.

Conditions:

8101 - NO WORK

8201 - MAX 3 MONTHS STUDY

8503 - NO FURTHER STAY

8501 - HEALTH INSURANCE

8558 - MAX 12M STAY IN 18M

I'm confused on 8201 Condition - Does the mean once she enter Australia she can stay at a stretch only for 3 Months and then go out of the country and come back in ? And also, why Study is linked to it. She's not here for studying so it doesn't make any sense to me.

Coming to 8503 Condition - It looks like she won't be able to apply any other visa while she's in Australia. I was planning to apply a PR for my mother once she arrives here. I have heard you can apply for a waiver; Anyone in this forum who has experienced applying for the waiver and got it successfully waived? Would love to learn from their experience.

And Condition 8558 - Does this mean she can continuously at a stretch for 12 MONTHS?

Also, I have heard that there's a new aged parents visa coming up where you can stay at a stretch for 5 years? Any update on that?

Sorry if that were too many questions, but would appreciate your responses.

Cheers,

Dilip

#2 DN27

DN27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 07:59 AM

Any update on this?

#3 Sukhwinder Singh

Sukhwinder Singh

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationMohali, Punjab

Posted 18 July 2017 - 03:55 PM

Hi,

You might be able to get this visa if you are travelling to Australia:

• as a visitor
  • for business visitor activities
  • to visit family
If you are in Australia you can apply for the Tourist stream of the Visitor visa online provided you currently have a valid visa that does not have condition 8503 imposed.
If you are outside Australia only certain passport holders can apply for this visa online.

#4 DN27

DN27

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 July 2017 - 04:10 PM

Sorry Sukhwinder, but your answer is not helpful for the questions which I have asked. can anyone answer to my specific questions which I have raised.

#5 Aussie_83

Aussie_83

Champion

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 08:27 PM

8201 speaks for itself not sure why you think they would need to leave.
8503 no experience but it is as common as hens teeth to get it waived.
seeing there is no condition (from provided info) then don't need to leave every 3 months.
as for length of stay depends on the visa grant length.
the new one I've no experience and haven't had to research.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visitor visa 600, 8101 8201 8503 8501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users