Bhavya1212

Time Line For Student Visa Subsequent Entrant (Subclass 500)

Hi,

Can anyone guide me with the timeline for student visa subsequent entrant.

I applied almost 2 weeks back and still it s showing as application recieved and will be assessed.

However I am already done with medical and its already uploaded.

Quick response would be highly appriciated.

Regards

Bhavya

Stream

75 per cent of applications processed

90 per cent of applications processed

Foreign Affairs or Defence Sector

9 days

30 days

Postgraduate Research Sector

42 days

74 days

Non-Award Sector

8 days

21 days

Schools Sector

22 days

39 days

Independent ELICOS Sector

28 days

47 days

Vocational Education and Training Sector

42 days

90 days

Higher Education Sector

23 days

48 days

I have applied for subsequent entrant. Today I have received a mail from Australian high commission that they have received my health assessment and my file is in active consideration.. kindly let me know what this means.

I have applied for subsequent entrant. Today I have received a mail from Australian high commission that they have received my health assessment and my file is in active consideration.. kindly let me know what this means.

When they say active consideration. It means its last stage of approval, and the application is being looked at. Approval of Visa could be tomorrow or it could be another year before there is a decision. 

Best Wishes for future

Thanks

Sukhwinder Singh

LWEconsultant

The processing time is 4months is what the VFS team said. Is is not mentioned in border.gov service standard page... The team will reply only if the file exceeds 4 months time frame till then we have to wait...

If your health assessment page is still at determined stage attach the HAP letter and medical examination receipt from the hospital and write a mail to VFS team and ask them to update it.. U might get a reply from embassy

Hi Kann

I already had HAP id before the file was lodged and now my medical is done and medical is finalized.

But still in abover reply people are confusing that it may take 1 day or a year and what does that mean online status means nothing...

Hi All,

I have applied for this visa(sub Entrant 500) and it's has been 3 months. I found a new field "Estimated Time processing 52-59 days" in immi account on the 90th days. Anyone have this field in your immi account ?

@kann and Bhavya?

Thanks,

karthy

I think we have to wait for 4 months .... Only after which we might get reply from the embassy but they say that mostly the decisions will be taken in 4 months so nothing to worry

Any updates Kann ? 

Hi,

My wife is already studying masters in Australia & she has completed 1st year of her masters. Now I want to apply as subsequent entrant. Can anyone who has already applied &  granted the visa can help me with following information please.

1.Do I need to take my own Health Insurance? Or Add My coverage in my wife's Insurance which is OSHC
2. If I have to take my own Insurance then shall i go for OSHC only or there are other options as well?
3. Can I take Insurance after landing to Australia?
4. While creating HAP ID, the Primary applicant is me or my wife?

Regards

Harish