Prospective Marriage Visa

5 replies to this topic

#1 omar1988

omar1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 September 2017 - 04:23 AM

hi my name is omar am from syria but i live in germany my partner from Australia Adelaide we know each other since 2008 online we met in 2016 june in germany we applied for prospective marriage sub 300 in 22 of feb 2017 we have a child he is 6 months old .

i have question please how long till i can be with my wife and my child i did finish the medical test in berlin and sent it online by E-medical online by the employer there in july 2017

thank you 

#2 lilpenguinlost

lilpenguinlost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 05:09 PM

Summarising for my own understanding....

• Sponsor is from Adelaide
  • Applicant is from Syria, now residing in Germany
  • Applicant has known the Sponsor online since 2008
  • Applicant physically met the Sponsor for the first time in June 2016
  • Applicant applied for a PMV 300 in February 2017
  • Sponsor and Applicant had their first child in March 2017
  • Medical was done in July 2017

According to the Prospective Marriage Visa page, processing time is between 13 and 18 months (for up to 90% of cases).

So you're looking at March 2018 to August 2018 for a decision to be made on your application.

Medicals are valid for a year, so hopefully you'll have a verdict by July 2018

• omar1988 likes this

Oct 2014: PMV submitted in UK via migration agent | Sept 2015: PMV granted | Dec 2015: Arrived in Australia | March 2016: Got married | May 2016: Onshore Partner Visa 820/801 submitted via ImmiAccount | June 2016: 820 visa granted

#3 omar1988

omar1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2017 - 07:41 PM

Summarising for my own understanding....

• Sponsor is from Adelaide
  • Applicant is from Syria, now residing in Germany
  • Applicant has known the Sponsor online since 2008
  • Applicant physically met the Sponsor for the first time in June 2016
  • Applicant applied for a PMV 300 in February 2017
  • Sponsor and Applicant had their first child in March 2017
  • Medical was done in July 2017

According to the Prospective Marriage Visa page, processing time is between 13 and 18 months (for up to 90% of cases).

So you're looking at March 2018 to August 2018 for a decision to be made on your application.

Medicals are valid for a year, so hopefully you'll have a verdict by July 2018

thats disappointing that mean my son will grow away from me and i never seen him unfair

thank you anways for your response 

#4 hopefullguy

hopefullguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 11:47 PM

sorry but in all the time you knew the girl in adelaide it was 8 years before you met.. then there is a child basically as soon as you met. immigration will consider this as suspicious. that is how many people get australian visas. the time you met online does not count to proving a relationship.

the rules are on the website and immigration must handle thousands of cases trying to determine the genuine, ongoing relationship vs the fast meeting just to get a visa.

do not blame aust government blame the cheats that cause such rules that genuine people must also suffer.

you can not fast track these things, best do not constantly contact immigration, they do not do special deals or like to be bothered.. from experience.

#5 omar1988

omar1988

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 02:30 AM

sorry but in all the time you knew the girl in adelaide it was 8 years before you met.. then there is a child basically as soon as you met. immigration will consider this as suspicious. that is how many people get australian visas. the time you met online does not count to proving a relationship.

the rules are on the website and immigration must handle thousands of cases trying to determine the genuine, ongoing relationship vs the fast meeting just to get a visa.

do not blame aust government blame the cheats that cause such rules that genuine people must also suffer.

you can not fast track these things, best do not constantly contact immigration, they do not do special deals or like to be bothered.. from experience.

yes you are right but each person have his values and way of think specially bout relations we are married in islamic way i know its not recognised but lease i satisfy my self and make sure i protect her rights we tried marry in germany as german law but they wanted her stay here 6 monthes minimum and she cant cuz she has her work

she paid 30000 for the agent from immigration already

anyway i will take you advice and not push for it and just wait will leave it to god to let this happen

thanks again for your help and your kindness  

#6 hopefullguy

hopefullguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 08:02 AM

no worries Omar.. the process has become very long these days. sorry it has been a while since i applied for my 300 visa but we waited and waited (submitted by paper in china) then one day our case officer sent us a email.

the email was not direct but in it the case officer refered us to the list of papers we needed to send to get the 300 visa. i went a bit crazy as i am very particular on paperwork.. i could not see the papers i missed when we applied.

then i realised what the case officer was looking for.. we had waited 6 months and at that time this was the standard processing time. so i had to think the case officer wanted something now that was not relevant when we applied.

it was the "updated relationship letter" see immi need to know you are in a "continuing relationship".. 3 days after sending this letter we got our visa.

i dont know if you applied online or not but after say 6 months of waiting i would do this letter.. just to update the original relationship letter when you applied... dont make it a sad long letter just an "update" to any new life things that are happening. we even put in basics like painting a room or preparing the garden for chinese vegetables.. arranging financial things or investigating future study/school.. keep it simple with a couple of pictures.

all the best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users