No replies to this topic

#1 copperhead

copperhead

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

Hi 

Just new to the forum .Quick background . I have a Thai wife , we have known each other for 3 years .We have gotten married officially in January 2017 and had Buddha wedding in September 2017 . We have a baby daughter born in April 2017 and have applied for and been granted her citizenship by decent certificate.

She has visited Australia twice on 3 month tourist visas and i have been to Thailand about 5 or 6 times to see her over the last few years .

We have currently applied for a partner visa in October 2017 and awaiting approval on that . I wasn't aware of waiting time when i applied so i have now also applied for another tourist visa ,and waiting on approval on that .

My question is i have applied for my wife only but now realize baby needs either a visa as well or an Australian passport .

I have tried online in my Immi account to apply for my baby daughter for a visitor visa , but get stopped out when i reach confirming critical information for some reason .

Can i not apply that way because she is an Australian citizen now ?

I am planning to fly over at Christmas time and hopefully if visitor visa is approved , bring them both back to Australia with me, when i come back a couple of weeks later .

My wife has my daughters original citizenship certificate in Thailand with her and reading the passport website it says you need to provide the original copy to apply .

As this would take time for her to send to me (and i don't want to risk losing certificate ) and i'm under time constraint as i want to leave in 3 weeks and it can take longer than that to approve .

It would be easier for me to apply for her Aussie passport when my wife and daughter come here .

Is it possible to obtain a visitor visa for my daughter quickly when i go and visit them in Thailand by going to the embassy in Bangkok ?

If mum receives visa ,approval for baby should be straight forward , shouldnt it ?

I dont know why i can't apply online as i have with everything else . Is it because she is only a baby and she doesnt have an id card ? She has a Thai passport and she has an Id number on that but online they ask for an id card and a certified copy of said card .

Thanks in advance for any advice .

Pete

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users