copperhead

Visitor Visa Thai Baby Daughter Now Australian Citizen

Hi 

Just new to the forum .Quick background . I have a Thai wife , we have known each other for 3 years .We have gotten married officially in January 2017 and had Buddha wedding in September 2017 . We have a baby daughter born in April 2017 and have applied for and been granted her citizenship by decent certificate.

She has visited Australia twice on 3 month tourist visas and i have been to Thailand about 5 or 6 times to see her over the last few years .

We have currently applied for a partner visa in October 2017 and awaiting approval on that . I wasn't aware of waiting time when i applied so i have now also applied for another tourist visa ,and waiting on approval on that .

My question is i have applied for my wife only but now realize baby needs either a visa as well or an Australian passport .

I have tried online in my Immi account to apply for my baby daughter for a visitor visa , but get stopped out when i reach confirming critical information for some reason .

Can i not apply that way because she is an Australian citizen now ?

I am planning to fly over at Christmas time and hopefully if visitor visa is approved , bring them both back to Australia with me, when i come back a couple of weeks later .

My wife has my daughters original citizenship certificate in Thailand with her and reading the passport website it says you need to provide the original copy to apply .

As this would take time for her to send to me (and i don't want to risk losing certificate ) and i'm under time constraint as i want to leave in 3 weeks and it can take longer than that to approve .

It would be easier for me to apply for her Aussie passport when my wife and daughter come here .

Is it possible to obtain a visitor visa for my daughter quickly when i go and visit them in Thailand by going to the embassy in Bangkok ?

If mum receives visa ,approval for baby should be straight forward , shouldnt it ?

I dont know why i can't apply online as i have with everything else . Is it because she is only a baby and she doesnt have an id card ? She has a Thai passport and she has an Id number on that but online they ask for an id card and a certified copy of said card .

Thanks in advance for any advice .

Pete

As baby is an Aussie citizen, she MUST enter on a Aussie passport.  

Get her passport application underway ASAP.

The AU Embassy will issue emergency visa's in emergencies only. I dont see your situation as an emergency.

Get to the local umper (govt office) in your wifes town and get an ID card for Baby, so much easier.

Disclaimer:

Makes me sick, in the fact that I must include a disclaimer. All opinions, advice and comments expressed by me are of my own personal opinion, and not that of a Immigration Agent, Lawyer, or related professional. They are given in the spirit intended, as an independant contributor, to a public forum. No implied, or expressed guarantee or undertaking as to accuracy or relevance is given.

Thanks Aussie dude and rvorpalms for your reply .I am currently in Thailand and have successfully applied for my daughters Aussie passport . One last question , does my 9 month old daughter have to have a medical check before coming to Australia.With visitor visa this is required but as she now has Aussie passport is this required ....Leaving on the 25 the and a prompt reply would be appreciated..cheers in advance for your help