Hi, I had applied for Recognized Graduate Visa 476 in December and it is now that I have finally received a reply in which they are asking me to refill the form 80 for both myself and my wife who was included in the application.
Although I had provided my digitally verifiable Marriage Certificate attested from the Foreign Ministry of Pakistan and also from the Chinese embassy (because my wife is a Chinese), the department does not seem to be convinced has asked us to provide more evidence of relationship.
Provide evidence of the financial aspects of your relationship. This may include:
● any joint ownership of real estate or other major assets
● any joint liabilities
● the extent of any pooling of financial resources, especially in relation to major financial commitments
● whether you or your spouse owe any legal obligation in respect of the other
● the basis of any sharing of day-to-day household expenses.
Provide evidence of the nature of your household. This may include:
● any joint responsibility for care and support of children, if any
● your living arrangements
● any sharing of responsibility for housework.
Provide evidence of the social aspects of your relationship. This may include:
● whether you and your spouse represent yourselves to other people as being married to
● statements from family and friends about the nature of your relationship
● any basis on which you and your spouse plan and undertake joint social activities.
Provide evidence of the nature of your commitment to each other. This may include:
● the duration of your relationship
● the length of time you and your spouse have lived together
● the degree of companionship and emotional support that you draw from each other
● whether you and your spouse see the relationship as a long-term one.
● Please provide a relationship statement written from both Primary and Secondary
applicants which provides history of your relationship and addresses the criteria
So what am I supposed to provide exactly? It doesn't help me one bit and doesn't specifically asks me for any particular document.
1. Financial Aspect
We dont own any financial assets together neither do we have any joint liabilities that can be proven. We live in China where all our transactions are digital on Alipay or WeChatpay so we dont even need any joint bank account or something. We pay our bills on Alipay or Wechatpay as well. Our salaries are received on Alipay. There are no receipts of anything. They just get registered as money transfers in the transactions list on Alipay or WeChatpay like anything else. What can we provide as proof of the basis of sharing of day-to-day household expenses?
2. Nature of Household
We live on rent and our rent document is 16 pages, all in Chinese. Can we just translate the necessary pages in the contract because getting the whole document translated from a registered translator is extremely expensive? And how the hell are we supposed to provide evidence of the sharing of responsibilities for housework? It makes no sense.
3. Social Aspects
We can provide signed statements from Family and friends but how many exactly required? And what does the "basis on which you and your spouse plan and undertake joint social activities" is supposed to mean and what kind of evidence in the Australian expecting?
4. Nature of Commitment.
We can provide relationship statement. Can we just write and just co-sign it?
These are my questions. I will be really thankful for getting a reply. I was only given 28 days to provide all the required details.
Thanks in advance.