Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About shanegbrady

  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. Hi, I am an Irish citizen, married to an Australian citizen. We have 2 kids, both under 3, and both born in Australia, though we have lived overseas for most of our marriage and I have only ever had tourist visas for Australia. Now our marriage is breaking down - I am overseas - and she is in Australia with the kids. We evacuated to Australia due to COVID but I had to go back to work. Anyway - I am not sure what my options are - we will be getting separated/divorced - so I'm not sure that a spouse visa is an option. Another option is the parent visa, which is about 50,000 AUD. This may be the only option I am left with. Any thoughts? Thanks!
  2. My wife (Australian citizen) and I (non-Australian on tourist visa) are having marriage problems and may be separating. I have not yet applied for a spouse visa and I am not sure my wife would sponsor me if I decided to apply. We have 2 children, both Australian citizens. Considering the likelihood of a split - what options do I have? Thanks
  3. Hi all, I currently have a 651 visa. My current 3-month period expires on June 10th. However, I have just secured a job overseas and want to take my Australian wife and two children with me, which will be logistically difficult by June 10th. I'm considering overstaying until around June 14th. I understand that there is a 28-day grace period before a penalty barring me from applying for a new Australian visa. Does anyone have any experience of this?
  4. Hi all, Just preparing to submit an onshore partner visa application. I have had a look through the partner visa handbook and I have a few questions: 1. Police Certificates - The Home Affairs website states that "we may ask you to provide a police certificate (also called a penal clearance certificate) from every country you lived in" - I have lived for over a year in the past 10 years in Pakistan and Myanmar, and I am an Irish citizen. How likely is it that I will be asked to provide police certificates for these countries and since the website says I "may" be asked to provide certificates, should I wait until the certificates are requested or go ahead and try to get them (though that might be quite difficult for Myanmar and Pakistan". 2. Health Checks - My understanding is that I cannot complete the health check until after I have submitted my application, and that I must wait for the authorities to request the health check. Is this correct? 3. Certified Documents - My understanding is that currently, the only documents that need to be certified are the statutory declarations, otherwise scans are fine. Is this correct? 4. Previously granted permission to work in Australia - there is a question on the form as to whether or not the applicant has been granted permission to work in Australia. I worked in Australia on a working holiday visa back in 2000 - does this count? 5. Additional information on countries visited - I have traveled a lot, so I will need to attach additional information, is an Excel file a good way to do this? 6. Passport photos - I understand passport photos of both I and my sponsor are required, do we simply upload scans? 6. Sponsor's date of citizenship - my wife was born in Malaysia and migrated to Australia at the age of 4. She has an Australian passport, but does not know the date on which she gained citizenship or have a document containing this information - do we leave this section blank in the application form? Many thanks in advance for your help!
  5. Hi all, I'm currently in Australia with my wife and approaching the end of my 3-month entry period on my E-Tourist visa. My wife will give birth around March 22nd and with a 2 year-old already on the scene, I'll be at home supporting my family for at least 2 months. I'm currently not working, and I normally work overseas in the aid sector - I am actively applying for overseas posts but I am also happy to stay in Australia if I get a job here first. I'm weighing up whether or not to apply for the spouse visa now. If I apply now, I will have the right to work in Australia from mid-March, but will be busy with the new baby for 2-3 months - and I may be offered a job overseas in the meantime. Any suggestions as to what to do? Also, if I apply for the spouse visa and secure my bridging visa, then cancel my application because I get an offer overseas, will this be detrimental to any future spouse visa applications? Is there any way to keep an onshore visa application going if you move overseas? Thanks, Shane
  6. Hi all. I'm married to an Australian citizen We've been married for around 2 years and we have 1 child with another on the way. I am currently in Australia on a tourist visa and I want to apply for the spouse visa before my current visa expires. My understanding is that, once you have applied for the Partner visa you have 2 years to provide the relevant documentation. My question is - (a) what is the minimum amount of documentation you need to provide on application to get the Bridging visa and (b) how much time should I leave on my existing visa bfore applying to ensure there's enough time to get the Bridging visa? Thanks!
  7. Oh, one more question - if I'm on a tourist visa with a maximum 90-day stay, do I need to wait until the full 90 days is up before the bridging visa kicks in?
  8. Hi everyone, I'm an Irish citizen married to an Australian citizen. We have one son (born in Sydney) and we are expecting a daughter in March - our daughter will be born in Australia. I have come on an E-Visitor 651 visa, entering in December 2018. Having lived in Asia the past few years, we are now seriously considering staying in Australia and I will need to find work quite soon. I have applied for a few jobs in Australia and I'm hoping to get sponsored. However, I understand that the chances of this happening are quite slim, and that if I am offered an unsponsored position I will need to gain the right to work ASAP, and the only way to do so is to apply for the partner visa. So my questions are as follows: 1. How quickly can I get the right to work on a bridging visa? 2. Is it possible to get the bridging visa after paying the application fee but before uploading the documents to back up the application? 3. Since we are married with children, will there still be a need to upload loads of evidence of our relationship, or should marriage certificate, birth certificates and statements suffice? Many thanks in advance for any input!
  • Create New...