Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  1. I am a single mum of a 14 year old son who is an Australia Citizen by Descent. Unfortunately, during my 17 years marriage with an Australian Citizen (my son's father), I didn't apply for any Spouse Visa to migrate to Australia. Now my son is studying high school in Australia, taking care by my sister who is also an Australia Citizen. I have already applied for the 143 Contributory Parent Visa after the divorce in May 2018 now waiting for the approval to grant the parent visa/PR. I am planning to resign my job next year in June and go to look after my son for the best welfare of my son. I would like to know if I can apply for any visa to stay longer in Australia to look after my son while I am waiting for the approval of my 143 visa. My question is: 1. Can I grant a 3 years visa (12 months stay in every 18 months) Visa 600, to stay longer in Australia to look after my son (he's under 18 ) or; 2. Should I apply for a 1 year 3 months multi entries for the first year and apply again each other until i grant the Visa 143, or; 3. Any other alternative way to letting me to stay in Australia to look after him. Since he's under aged, will there be any special considerations on my special case. Thank you so much for helping me.
  • Create New...